What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 14 (February 14-20)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
2/19 COLORADO at Stanford. 8:00, ESPNU. They're all huge at this point, but this is for a Quad 2 win that would likely put us just a half game out of 4th place in the Pac-12 after tonight.

For our NET Rank and the Pac-12 standings, these are today's games we care about:

Southern Illinois at Indiana State (11:00, ESPN3). Go Salukis! Anything that makes that loss less bad is really good for us. They're currently 14-13 & #142 NET.
#16 Tennessee at #23 Arkansas (2:00, ESPN). Go Vols! One of our biggest resume weaknesses is OOC SOS. We need to see wins to prop that up (math also leads to better NET).
Montana State at Southern Utah (2:00, ESPN+). Go Bobcats! MSU is 20-6, 1st in Big Sky, #135 NET. One of our best OOC wins.
Utah at Cal (4:00, PACN). Go Utes! Since we play them twice and Cal once, Utah has a bigger impact on our NET.
Pennsylvania at Brown (4:00, ESPN+). Go Bears! Brown is 12-14 (4-7). Penn is a pretty good team, so this would be a nice home win. Brown favored by 1.5, so let's hope.
Duquesne at St. Bonaventure (4:00, ESPNU). Go Dukes! They've been horrible. 14 point dog. Slim hope for a win here. Duquesne is NET 261. If they got to 200 it would make our game Q3.
Eastern Washington at Idaho (4:30, ESPN+). Go Eagles! 14-12 NET 218 with 4 of their last 5 against teams below them in the standings. Have won 3 straight. EWU could make a move.
Oregon State at Arizona State (6:00, ESPN2). Go Sun Devils! We need all the help we can get. OSU is hopeless, but ASU can actually feed the quality wins on our resume. Ugh.
CSU Bakersfield at UC Davis (6:00, ESPN+). Go Roadrunners! The wheels have come off. Lost 8 straight. But only a 6 point road dog and they've been competitive while losing. Maybe.
Oregon at #3 Arizona (8:00, ESPN). Go Wildcats! Hate them both. Hate Oregon more. And I want that 4-seed in the P12T.
Washington at #13 UCLA (8:00, FS1). Go Bruins! I want that 4-seed. And this is the type of loss that won't hurt the Huskies NET rank,

Last edited:
Salukis got the road win. Now 15-13 (8-8 in MVC). Good start to the day.

Sorry @hokiehead . Still in the conversation, for sure, but today was a big opportunity missed.

Wouldn't have been that elusive quad I win and now they only have 1 shot left for a quality win at Miami.

Meanwhile a critical game for both teams between Wake and ND (which inexplicably wasn't on ESPN/ACCN) and Wake got the win. Big missed opportunity for ND who may now need to win the ACC tournament or at least go very deep to get a bid

Vols weren't able to generate anything on offense at Arkansas. 44 points with a minute left. SEC has had a lot of shake up today. Auburn lost at Florida, LSU lost at South Carolina, etc.

Vols weren't able to generate anything on offense at Arkansas. 44 points with a minute left. SEC has had a lot of shake up today. Auburn lost at Florida, LSU lost at South Carolina, etc.

And not a shakeup but Alabama lost at Kentucky after a good first half up until a few minutes left in the half. Alabama fits the category of a team that could lose in the opening round as a 5-seed or make an Elite 8/Final 4 run

And not a shakeup but Alabama lost at Kentucky after a good first half up until a few minutes left in the half. Alabama fits the category of a team that could lose in the opening round as a 5-seed or make an Elite 8/Final 4 run
I feel that way about the entire SEC other than Kentucky (which has firepower but inconsistent from 3 as the only slight knock on them). That conference plays the best defense by far this season, but there seems to be a lack of offensive firepower. That can catch you in the Dance. Playing against good teams, by definition, so it's not unreasonable to think you might catch someone who will take care of the ball while having a hot shooting night. But, man, with the way they play defense if any of those SEC teams get hot they'll be a crazy tough out.

I feel that way about the entire SEC other than Kentucky (which has firepower but inconsistent from 3 as the only slight knock on them). That conference plays the best defense by far this season, but there seems to be a lack of offensive firepower. That can catch you in the Dance. Playing against good teams, by definition, so it's not unreasonable to think you might catch someone who will take care of the ball while having a hot shooting night. But, man, with the way they play defense if any of those SEC teams get hot they'll be a crazy tough out.

I would bet on Kentucky as the team in the SEC to get the farthest. Auburn kind of concerns me with barely winning at Mizzou and Georgia in recent weeks but the positive is that Smith and can take over a game and the loss at Arkansas was certainly excusable. I haven't followed things that close or watched a whole lot I will admit but from the talk on Birmingham radio Alabama pretty much lives and dies by the 3.

An another note tough loss for UAB today against North Texas after a very bad loss against ODU recently

The Mid Major Mid Day slate on Saturdays always drives me crazy with how many games are on at the same time causing auto-refresh to go buggy on scoreboard sites.

peter griffin family GIF

Hoos just won at Miami.

They look like they're going to make a late run & strong case for the Dance. I know, shocker that a Tony Bennett team improved a ton over the course of a season.

Last edited:
Hoos just won at Miami.

They look like they're going to make a late run & strong case for the Dance. I know, shocker that a Tony Bennett team improved a ton over the course of a season.

I'm *thinking* that the 3 locks from the ACC are Duke, UNC and Wake with UVA, Miami and VT setting up to be bubble teams

What’s the tie breaker scenario with the Ducks? There is a real chance we finish with the same record and we split the series with the them this year.

What’s the tie breaker scenario with the Ducks? There is a real chance we finish with the same record and we split the series with the them this year.

1. Two-team tie
a. Results of head-to-head competition during the regular season.
b. Each team’s record (won-lost percentage) vs. the team occupying the highest position in the final regular standings, and then continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.

It looks like that scenario would be 1b. So, CU needs to beat Arizona next weekend to hold the tiebreaker with Oregon. Oregon's only matchup against Arizona was last night and they lost (barely).

The ridiculousness of NET -- Michigan is 14-10 (8-6). Their NET is #29. Need Wisconsin to finish this game and beat them. I swear, I think this is a year the Buffs will win 20+ games and not Dance because of our Charmin-soft OOC and because of how inflated some resumes get due to their conference schedules. We'll be seeing some teams getting in at like 17-15 over us.

On ESPN right now is #14 Houston at Wichita State. We jumped the Shockers last night (we're #79, they're #81). Game tied at 40 with 10 minutes left. We need Houston to win this one. Because a B1G team sneaking in is one thing -- but an AAC team with a 13-10 (4-7) record being considered equivalent to us based on resume is infuriating.

Wisconsin beat Michigan by 14.

Houston and Wichita State going to OT.

Great finish after a monster comeback by Providence. Friars down 1 to Butler with 52 seconds left (FS1).

You know what, fvck Juwan Howard. Fvck Michigan. Both overrated pieces of sh!t.

More free basketball in the UH-Wichita game. OT2 coming up.

Providence up 71-70 with 20 seconds left in OT at Butler. Butler ball.

Providence wins! (That's good for us on NET rank positioning & I really like Coach Cooley, so that's cool.)

Missouri State just lost by 20 at Northern Iowa. That may move us up a titch or at least make it easier to move up next week. Mizzou Lite was #59 NET while UNI was #112. At #79, we need so many things to break right while CU takes care of its own business.

Juwan Howard should't have grabbed that Wisconsin assistant's head. He has to get suspended.

There's zero doubt he will be suspended, just a matter of how many games. My best guess is the rest of the regular season if not longer.

#84 Cincinnati (which we just jumped yesterday) dropped a home game to #119 Temple. Nice. Permanently behind us if we take care of business now.

Back