What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 16 (Feb 28 - Mar 6)

Some teams I'd thought had done enough to make the Dance just had hiccups and may be in trouble if they don't get at least 1 win in their conference tourneys.

VA Tech just lost at Clemson.
TCU just lost at West Virginia.
Indiana just lost at Purdue (this won't hurt NET, but still just an 18-win IU team).
Florida lost at home vs Kentucky (another that shouldn't impact NET, but a 19-win UF team).

TCU should be fine because Lunardi had them as an 8-seed and losing at WV is not a bad loss.

But yea VT will likely need to win a few games in the ACC tournament to be in serious consideration. Meanwhile Miami and ND got wins today which should solidify a spot in the NCAA tournament for them

ASU just beat Stanford. ASU was NET 99 entering today, so that horrible performance by the Buffs last week is actually not going to be a bad loss on our resume.

Anyone know if Oregon could fall to the 6-seed if they lose at Wazzu (down 32-46 at half) and UW wins vs OSU? That would be a 3-way tie with UO, UW & WSU. (4-way if the Buffs lose tonight, but let's not talk about that scenario. Channeling good vibes.)

North Texas (NET 39) just lost at UTEP (NET 176). UNT is going to drop enough from this that I don't think they'll be a bubble buster if they lose in the C-USA tourney.

Loyola Chicago (29) beat Northern Iowa (96) in the MVC semis.

UNI will get an auto-bid to the NIT.

We need Loyola to win the MVC tourney and avoid it being a 2-bid league. (Given their NET and recent tourney history, I think Loyola would get an at-large bid if they lost.)

ASU just beat Stanford. ASU was NET 99 entering today, so that horrible performance by the Buffs last week is actually not going to be a bad loss on our resume.

Anyone know if Oregon could fall to the 6-seed if they lose at Wazzu (down 32-46 at half) and UW wins vs OSU? That would be a 3-way tie with UO, UW & WSU. (4-way if the Buffs lose tonight, but let's not talk about that scenario. Channeling good vibes.)
I believe in any multi-team scenario we still hold the tie-breaker as the only team in the group to beat the regular season champion.

I believe in any multi-team scenario we still hold the tie-breaker as the only team in the group to beat the regular season champion.
Yeah. We'll get the 4.

I'm wondering if UW or WSU can get the 5 over UO.

It's still Quad 3 right? They'd have to jump to 75 to make it Q2.

My guess is VT would still need at least 1 more win after beating ND
that's what I'm reading this morning.... we need to make the finals.

sigh....

ok, I'm in! let's win the ACCT!!!!! (I honestly don't believe that I'll ever live to see VT win the ACC in basketball, but hope springs eternal.)

all that being said, my rooting guide for today is:
  • Indiana loses to Michigan
  • St Louis loses to La Salle
  • Wyoming loses to UNLV
  • UVA loses to UNC
  • Florida and Texas A&M struck by meteor

Last edited:
Indiana wins. fu*k.
that's what I'm reading this morning.... we need to make the finals.

sigh....

ok, I'm in! let's win the ACCT!!!!! (I honestly don't believe that I'll ever live to see VT win the ACC in basketball, but hope springs eternal.)

all that being said, my rooting guide for today is:
  • Indiana loses to Michigan
  • St Louis loses to La Salle
  • Wyoming loses to UNLV
  • UVA loses to UNC
  • Florida and Texas A&M struck by meteor

Okay, so hopefully this doesn't jinx things, but what the hell.

I currently have a 4-game Parlay in play. Payout +926
Cent. Mich/Toledo U146
Fordham +6.5
Mich State -2
Wichita State -6

Let's see what happens. March Madness = Good fun!

Broadcast team for BC/Miami hasn't got a call right all game. G'damn, what a couple of goons!

Back