What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 4 Games Thread

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
This is the slow time for college hoops until January other than some conference games and Xmas tournaments.

Last Monday had too many good matchups to watch them all.

This Monday, the best is probably Utah at St. Mary's at 9pm on ESPNU. Neither team has been all that good so far.

Kentucky laid a beating on Miami.
Reed Sheppard is really good. They took away Miami's 3's and shut down Pack. Calipari has gone back to recruiting a nice combination of 1 and done talent with multi year guys. They also are waiting on 3 7 footers to get healthy and eligible. This might be another Kentucky run year. Too many freshman to go all the way but think Elite 8 caliber .

SEC leads the ACC/SEC challenge 4-3 so far, with the balance of games today.

obviously, VT @ Auburn is the big game everyone will be watching, but #10 Tennessee @ #17 N Carolina could be interesting as well as A&M at UVA

need to look at how they select these matchups -- on it's face, Duke / Arkansas doesn't seem to be a good matchup

West VA can't shoot and have guys out for various reasons. St Johns coming in.

Rick was pretty hard on his guys this week in his presser....rock fight tonight? Do they get to 142.5?

ACC with a full slate of conference games this weekend, and then they go back to non-conf until NYE weekend.

CU fans might be interested in FSU/UNC and ND/Miami.

Syracuse / UVA should be interesting.

VT hosts Louisville.

in the Pac, CSU @ UW is probably the most intriguing (other than CU/Pepperdine)

Not sure if anyone watched Kansas UCONN but with 50 seconds left UCONN, down three, drove to the hoop and lost the ball out of bounds and the ref called it UCONN ball. They went to review and the UCONN player clearly got hacked on his way to a free layup which caused him to lose the ball. The ball glanced off his own hip and Kansas got possession after the review.
This is just one more reason why the video reviews at the end of games suck. The ref made a split second decision to not call the foul but give the ball to UCONN. The review then gives the ball to Kansas but UCONN really should have been shooting two free throws.
It very likely robbed UCONN of a win and definitely robbed me of making money.

Just saw Northwestern beat Purdue in OT last night. The #1 team in the country is in sole possession of last place in their conference.

Get ready for 10 B1G tournament teams again... 🫠
Yep. I haven't crunched the numbers, but it seems to me that conference has figured out the evolving formulas used by the selection committee better than any other, and they tune their schedules to exploit it.

this goes back decades.

#1, #4 and #3 go down in a span of 18 hours

Arizona will be consensus #1?

ACC with a full slate of conference games this weekend, and then they go back to non-conf until NYE weekend.

CU fans might be interested in FSU/UNC and ND/Miami.

Syracuse / UVA should be interesting.

VT hosts Louisville.

in the Pac, CSU @ UW is probably the most intriguing (other than CU/Pepperdine)
I flipped to CSU/Washington to kill 45 minutes before the ACC championship.

What's better for CU BB here? I think a UW win because we play them twice?

I flipped to CSU/Washington to kill 45 minutes before the ACC championship.

What's better for CU BB here? I think a UW win because we play them twice?
Yes, and UW win raises the "opponent's opponent" SOS piece for the rest of the PAC 12

Someone who digs into NET ranking criteria close please correct if I'm off here

Nova/KSU spread was 1...

UCONN keep rolling.

Dylan Harper commit today....Rutgers going to be loaded next year if no surprise here...seems like Duke think they are out.

Back