What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 5 Games Thread

Sheep lose at home to St Mary’s. I know it’s best for us if they keep winning, but **** ‘em. How is St Mary’s only 5-5, they were picked to win the WCC this year ahead of Gonzaga.

Stop ruining college basketball with video reviews. Absolute joke of a review. Big guy hedges hard and fouls him. On no planet is this anywhere close to a flagrant foul.

He was trying to foul but it wasn't that hard lol.

St Marys gets the win. Good game.

Sheep lose at home to St Mary’s. I know it’s best for us if they keep winning, but **** ‘em. How is St Mary’s only 5-5, they were picked to win the WCC this year ahead of Gonzaga.

Dumbasses couldn't take advantage of St Marys' best player fouling out with like 4 minutes to go.

They haven't looked real good so far. I'd say they're every bit the team CSU is...meaning teams we should t lose to.

Also...CSU will be without Strong for six weeks and Lake for an unspecified amount of time with broken wrist and finger, respectively.

Hope they drop off a cliff

St. Mary's and CSU tied at 55 with 3 minutes left
Missed that game because I was working yesterday. My mentor worked it so I'm watching it now.

I'm about halfway through the first half, and St. Mary's had a 6-10 point for most of it. St. Marys controlled tempo. They also did a great job clogging up CSU's passing lanes, which kind of sped them up. That's how you defend them. Other teams in that league will do that to them. They're going to drop a few more.

On CSU......they're good, but they're going to come back to earth. That SOS won't be anywhere near what it is right now come March. Utah State and New Mexico haven't tested themselves like CSU has. Air Force isn't anything to write home about, but they're capable of taking the blueprint that St. Marys used.....especially at home. In short, CSU's going to make the NCAA tournament, but they aren't going to seeded higher than like 7.

Last edited:
First saw this as Oak Hill vs NDSU and was like why is a high school team playing a college team. Then saw the first guys jump shot and thought no way that player is good enough to play at Oak Hill….crazy a college team of any sort can be that bad.
I think the enrollment in the college is like 100 people.

Oak Hill plays in the NCCAA. They aren't even NAIA. Private Christian college, but it looks like they have won a couple of games.

Not a great weekend for Pac12 BB with too many losses. However coulda been worse except Washington and Oregon St eeked out 1 point wins against mediocre opponents.

Oak Hill plays in the NCCAA. They aren't even NAIA. Private Christian college, but it looks like they have won a couple of games.
HOW? Just how? There are 3A HS basketball teams in my area that would beat that team by 30.

Those ****ers are gonna go 11-20 next year in the B1G and somehow be a 9 seed in the tourney.
Meanwhile, our Buffs will be left out with an 18-13 record for going 6-13 in Quad 1 games during Big 12 play.

That league getting 10 teams in on a regular basis is going to be normal.
Yep. Could easily have 6ish losses against KU/UA/UH/Bay before you're even talking about another group of 4-6 teams with Sweet 16 aspirations. Then you get to 2 or 3 bubble teams who have great NET but questionable overall records.That will be the norm.

Yep. Could easily have 6ish losses against KU/UA/UH/Bay before you're even talking about another group of 4-6 teams with Sweet 16 aspirations. Then you get to 2 or 3 bubble teams who have great NET but questionable overall records.That will be the norm.
@Goose-The Big 10 is always assumed to be this basketball behemoth when it really isn't anymore. They haven't put a team in the final four since 2019. They haven't had a team play for a title since Michigan the year before. The last Big 10 team to win a national championship was the Mateen Cleaves/Charlie Bell Michigan State team in 2000. To compare that to the basketball powerhouse conference we're joining.....the Big 12 has had teams make the final four in 3 of the last four years we've had a tournament. Two of them have won titles.

Purdue's going to be a number 1, but we saw how well that went for them last year. I think Illinois is pretty good even without Shannon. Wisconsin's pretty good. Who else in that league is even worth talking about right now? Michigan State blew a buy game. Michigan did the other day too. Not like the 4 Pac teams they're adding are setting the world on fire at the moment. Oh yeah-I almost forgot......the only power conference men's basketball program to never have won an NCAA tournament game is also in that league!

Meanwhile-anybody who plays in the Big 12 and doesn't absolutely suck is at worst a bubble team.

Good god I hope it's not that ridiculous
Well, let's look at it.

As of this morning, Houston, BYU, Zona, Utah, ISU, Baylor, and KU are all in the NET top-30 (we are too, btw), meaning both home and road games against them would be Quad 1. Additionally, Cincy, TCU, Tech, and UCF are all in the 31-75 range, so true road games against them would be Q1. We're not going to play all those teams twice, so some adjustments are necessary. Say, 11 games against the top-30 (out of 14 possible), and 3 road games against the 31-75s (out of 4 possible).

So, Goose came up with 19 Q1 games in BXII play, but I think ~14 is more reasonable. However, add in a few for Maui, and one or two in KC for the conference tournament, and ~19 total is well within reach.

Shorter: we are ****ed.

Back