What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Well, we suck again. Fire Mac.

Unless a coach is really trying to say **** you to his pervious school, they don't and will not do this (we usually call this pulling a Pelini).

Coaches will negotiate for as much as they can because
A. Credibility - they'll probably want another chance at a P5 school one day, and pulling something like that would hurt those chances.
B. Whatever they're paid at that job sets the scale for the next one.
Don’t forget:

C. Their agents would never go for that s**t. They’re not taking a fraction of the next commission because a coach wants to stick it to his previous employer.

Coaches not seat blog has HCMM #5 on their hottest seatseat ranking. Helton is #1 on the list.

I believe if that happened that MM would make that change for us. He doesn’t want to be here if he can get something at least somewhat equivalent elsewhere.
I hope you’re right because I’m done with Mac, but I have my doubts it would happen in that scenario. An 8-5 season is pretty good and I bet most folks before the season would be all for retaining Mac if I told you we’d go 8-5 this year. Now maybe how we got there matters, but I could definitely see an 8-5 season kicking the can down the road another year to see what happens.

And I’m not sure Mac leaves in that scenario either -where’s he going to go that’s an equivalent? GT?, Maryland? Those seem like lateral moves at best and how many coaches actually make lateral moves like that? I’m sure it has happened but I’m struggling to think of examples. Plus CU would be returning a senior QB and Mac loves him some seniors.

I hope you’re right because I’m done with Mac, but I have my doubts it would happen in that scenario. An 8-5 season is pretty good and I bet most folks before the season would be all for retaining Mac if I told you we’d go 8-5 this year. Now maybe how we got there matters, but I could definitely see an 8-5 season kicking the can down the road another year to see what happens.

And I’m not sure Mac leaves in that scenario either -where’s he going to go that’s an equivalent? GT?, Maryland? Those seem like lateral moves at best and how many coaches actually make lateral moves like that? I’m sure it has happened but I’m struggling to think of examples. Plus CU would be returning a senior QB and Mac loves him some seniors.

He'll leave of his own volition at 8-5 if that happens- he's got a degree from Georgia Tech, and he played for his dad at Vandy IIRC so he'd pursue both those jobs. Any gig like Maryland right now will need to rebuild-I'd bet they take a pretty big step back going into 2019. He's taken over two programs in fairly bad shape and fixed them to some extent so he's going to be very attractive to them from that standpoint-you guys who bash him more than I do (I'm going to be thankful for the job he did here when he goes regardless of how its done) need to remember that he's very well thought of nationally still. Wouldn't be a factor at a blue blood gig, but those three would go after him if he finished 8-5 here.

Last edited:

Bielema, Anderson, Tuberville, off the top of my head.

He'll leave of his own volition at 8-5 if that happens- he's got a degree from Georgia Tech, and he played for his dad at Vandy IIRC so he'd pursue both those jobs. Any gig like Maryland right now will need to rebuild-I'd bet they take a pretty big step back going into 2019. He's taken over two programs in fairly bad shape and fixed them to some extent so he's going to be very attractive to them from that standpoint-you guys who bash him more than I do (I'm going to be thankful for the job he did here when he goes regardless of how its done) need to remember that he's very well thought of nationally still. Wouldn't be a factor at a blue blood gig, but those three would go after him if he finished 8-5 here.
Vandy fired his father and Mac subsequently transferred - is there really any affinity for that school still?

You let the coaches finish the season, while RG focuses on the replacement...KU is doing it with Beatty, whats the harm.
Your recruiting, access to all your resources, more time in the ear of players to get them to follow you... Seems dumb

Your recruiting, access to all your resources, more time in the ear of players to get them to follow you... Seems dumb
how feasible do you think it is to have a new staff in place by the end of the week. most of, if not all the people currently on staff are gone with this change, so realistically what do you do you want them to do? You arent gonna do much recruiting-wise

I don't believe RG would fire him and then let him coach 2 more games. That seems bad
Who else is going to be the HC. No one on the staff is ready to take over and audition for a HC job.
MMac did a great job rebuilding this program with help from the AD, so let him finish out the year and hopefully win a bowl game. The best part is RG starts officially searching for a new coach immediately.

Yeah, I don't think you are going to get much else out of the staff k owing they are all fired in 2 weeks either.

I would rather give one of the young guys a chance to run the ship for a couple weeks to give them some experience.

I do t believe firing someone and letting them hang around is good management. If you want to do that, then just wait the two weeks to fire them anyway.

to where? San Jose State or New Mexico? To me, the early signing period will force more of this. Good for RG for doing this now TBH. No need to use an interim-no assistant has earned that opportunity.

"MacIntyre has spent six years as the head coach at CU. He has posted a 46-64 record in that time. The Buffaloes have qualified for one bowl during McIntyre's tenure -- a 17-9 Alamo Bowl loss in 2016 to Oklahoma State."

Calling bull**** on this. You don’t fire a coach Monday night. The story is by 7news (least relevant/plugged in news market). They can’t figure out the scores of the games we played and spelled MacIntyres name correctly.

"MacIntyre has spent six years as the head coach at CU. He has posted a 46-64 record in that time. The Buffaloes have qualified for one bowl during McIntyre's tenure -- a 17-9 Alamo Bowl loss in 2016 to Oklahoma State."

these errors feel like typos to break the story 1st rather than research errors

Once the rumors hit this level, hard to see him coming back from it. He can’t recruit now.

Makes you wonder if this was not supposed to get out until at least after the Utah game and it did. Will it negatively impact RG's plan?

Could be strategic, let potential suitors know the job will be open if they’re waiting on other jobs.

There is no perfect time to fire a head coach. I'm glad it is being done now instead of next year.

Makes you wonder if this was not supposed to get out until at least after the Utah game and it did. Will it negatively impact RG's plan?

Might be a connection between this and KU turning their search toward Todd Graham.....I think the Mad Hatter is probably the guy.....could be Graham too-he does have a ton of Texas connections.

Might be a connection between this and KU turning their search toward Todd Graham.....I think the Mad Hatter is probably the guy.....could be Graham too-he does have a ton of Texas connections.

Let's take this even deeper, maybe RG wanted to make a move now on MM and wanted Miles and wasn't getting the support so he convinced Miles to let this Kansas thing get traction to force the president/regents' hand.

tenor (7).gif

Let's take this even deeper, maybe RG wanted to make a move now on MM and wanted Miles and wasn't getting the support so he convinced Miles to let this Kansas thing get traction to force the president/regents' hand.

View attachment 28156

Uhhh you went there-I didn't. I don't think Rick would have taken over the AD without the latitude to make this kind of decision on his own. I think both those two make sense here-Miles because of the RG connection he has and because he's Les Miles...........and Graham because he can recruit Texas and knows this league. One more thing with the KU gig-their new AD is Jeff Long, and he's pretty highly thought of (some of which has to do with the fact that he was the first chair of the CFP committee) throughout the industry. That's a slightly more attractive gig now because he's there.

Last edited:
Back