What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We're not done yet with JUCO transfers

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
(y)(y)(y)

"The JC route is important for us," MacIntyre said. "I always want to sign a few JC guys every year. It brings some maturity. It also brings guys in that are extremely hungry that have had to go a little different route. I think that's important.
"I think it really keeps your ability to have big senior and junior classes continually. If you keep doing that ... that's how you want to keep being a mature football team."
CU has had a great deal of success finding quality junior college players. This year's defense has featured three starters who came to CU from junior colleges: Laguda, defensive tackle Jordan Carrell, and cornerback Ahkello Witherspoon.
MacIntyre said the Buffs are looking at adding other JUCO players this winter.

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuffs/ci_30669905/rick-george-best-days-are-ahead-cu-buffs

What does that mean for Shamar?
Adam still thinks he's coming. My guess is that CU doesn't announce it as a signing until his paperwork is received (transcripts, etc) from the Juco (and then approved by CU), and as we know, some take longer than others. @Buffnik has been on the phone with Independence Community College (in Kansas) all week. Should get done soon I believe.

Adam still thinks he's coming. My guess is that CU doesn't announce it as a signing until his paperwork is received (transcripts, etc) from the Juco (and then approved by CU), and as we know, some take longer than others. @Buffnik has been on the phone with Independence Community College (in Kansas) all week. Should get done soon I believe.
Should the rest of us start calling too? That should help speed up the process, right?

Crazy. I had no idea Witherspoon was a JC guy. What a great find.

Gotta really appreciate how MM has approached Juco recruiting. We all thought it was impossible to get Jucos into CU. MM has taken that theory and thrown it in its ass.

Gotta really appreciate how MM has approached Juco recruiting. We all thought it was impossible to get Jucos into CU. MM has taken that theory and thrown it in its ass.
It would have been interesting to see if Spoon developed quicker if he didn't get that back injury his first year. He really stepped it up this year.

It would have been interesting to see if Spoon developed quicker if he didn't get that back injury his first year. He really stepped it up this year.
If I remember correctly, he was the star of his first spring game here. I was expecting to see him play better last year, but I'm sure the back injury had something to do with it.

I think the increased ability to get Juco's in to CU, had a lot to do with the Juco eligibility rules being leveled across the NCAA, correct?

If I remember correctly, he was the star of his first spring game here. I was expecting to see him play better last year, but I'm sure the back injury had something to do with it.

I think the increased ability to get Juco's in to CU, had a lot to do with the Juco eligibility rules being leveled across the NCAA, correct?
The back injury was his first year here (so his sophomore year) so last year was definitely a disappointment too.

For sure. GPA requirements went up to 2.5 and PE credits that could transfer were slashed by the NCAA. Opened things up for CU by quite a bit.

For sure. GPA requirements went up to 2.5 and PE credits that could transfer were slashed by the NCAA. Opened things up for CU by quite a bit.
I assume by "opened things up quite a bit" it is because JC players were forced to rise to a standard that meets CU's admission standards?

I assume by "opened things up quite a bit" it is because JC players were forced to rise to a standard that meets CU's admission standards?

Closer, at least. Before, it was a 2.0 with fewer academic requirements. Ds could also be accepted. Being able to take players at the low end of that is how, for example, Snyder built KSU. NCAA leveled the playing field quite a bit and any NCAA-eligible JUCO transfer is close to CU's requirements now. Still some we can't take, just as with high school players, but most are taking the coursework now to at least get them in the ballpark.

I'm going to need a little more explanation here.

Grew five inches after HS IIRC

At his age kidney stones aren't a joke.
I've got about 10 of 'em just hanging out, ready to strike. I have a ready supply of hydrocodone for the joyous occasion. Maybe we should start a "Kidney Stone" thread? Haha.

I've got about 10 of 'em just hanging out, ready to strike. I have a ready supply of hydrocodone for the joyous occasion. Maybe we should start a "Kidney Stone" thread? Haha.

Get a thread, make a cool necklace out of them. A unique gift for the one you love!

Back