What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What assistant that JE hired are you most impressed with?

nc, you really believe Deehan regressed? I've been as impressed with him in the receiving game as I was his freshman year. Made some bailout catches for Tyler down the middle for solid first downs with yards after catch. As we've said all year long, the tight ends are needed as blockers at the line of scrimmage much more than they are down field catching passes. I wish Thornton and Slavin could be in the right place and not drop the ball as much and just overall take more cues from Deehan because he won't be around next year and we've been spoiled (sad to say it) from the relative problem-free aspects of his play at TE.

nc, you really believe Deehan regressed? I've been as impressed with him in the receiving game as I was his freshman year. Made some bailout catches for Tyler down the middle for solid first downs with yards after catch. As we've said all year long, the tight ends are needed as blockers at the line of scrimmage much more than they are down field catching passes. I wish Thornton and Slavin could be in the right place and not drop the ball as much and just overall take more cues from Deehan because he won't be around next year and we've been spoiled (sad to say it) from the relative problem-free aspects of his play at TE.

I thought deehan played well, when they actually threw it too him. To say he wasn't used enough is an understatement.

Youve got a lot of catching up to do old man.

Pledge Allegiance to the Swag

I live and work in a combat zone in Central Asia, surrounded by people who want to kill me any way they can. And amazingly, the thing that keeps me awake at night is the fear that Creatini might be representing my alma mater on some other fan site.

I live and work in a combat zone in Central Asia, surrounded by people who want to kill me any way they can. And amazingly, the thing that keeps me awake at night is the fear that Creatini might be representing my alma mater on some other fan site.

:rofl:

Wwwwwwhat? We gave up 365 yds rushing to ucla.

The D-LINE is too small to be playing a 3-4. Embree and our DC need to re-think the defense until they get the players to play a 3-4, including bigger and quicker lb's.

I see what you are saying, Syko and it is a reasonable position. That said, I believe you either play to your talent or you play to your system. With the former, a new coach wins more games earlier but ultimately is not able to sustain success. With the latter, you are limited by personnel early on and lose more games but you are ultimately trying to build a sustainable system. You recruit to that system and build a strong foundation in which your culture and system are intertwined. It is hard to be patient with a miserable season like this one and players who are not equiped to play the system. That said, next year will be a big transition year, culture and system, and 2013 will be the year you should see sustainable success.

Reactions: aik
I see what you are saying, Syko and it is a reasonable position. That said, I believe you either play to your talent or you play to your system. With the former, a new coach wins more games earlier but ultimately is not able to sustain success. With the latter, you are limited by personnel early on and lose more games but you are ultimately trying to build a sustainable system. You recruit to that system and build a strong foundation in which your culture and system are intertwined. It is hard to be patient with a miserable season like this one and players who are not equiped to play the system. That said, next year will be a big transition year, culture and system, and 2013 will be the year you should see sustainable success.

In the bowl following the '91 season, Coach Mac unveiled his new offense against Alabama. Three years later, he fielded his (arguably) most talented team. But of course we lost the bowl game.

Rip Sherer, the work he has done with Hansen and Hirschman has been impressive. He has gotten eveverything he can from Hansen. Hirschman footwork is alot of better that from last year.

Because he was supposed to make Espinoza, Goodson, and Lockridge superstars?

No, because he wasn't supposes to have his defense give up the most points in CU history. No, because he had his front 7 healthy other than rippy and his run defense sucked and after the washington state game the sacks and pressure on the QB became invisible.

Back