What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What if, for an entire season, each winning college football team took all of its opponent’s land?

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member

sEcwrHhl.jpg

SnTP9n2l.jpg

rb6aGW5l.jpg

Last edited:
I don't really understand it. But whatever. Glad it's fun for people.

I don't mean to sound elitist, but I don't want Greely. Those stockyards really stink

Stupid questions with this....Lets say Wyoming beats Oregon Saturday. Do they get back on here then?
Yes. A team will always have a chance to gain land after a loss UNLESS all of their future opponents don't have land when they play them.

When we beat Washington we will have the most land. Thanks Alaska!

Yes. A team will always have a chance to gain land after a loss UNLESS all of their future opponents don't have land when they play them.

When we beat Washington we will have the most land. Thanks Alaska!

We also take over NYC too

For reference, here's what last year's map would have looked like at the end of the season:

7jejpnk.jpg

Couple of Colorado-specific notes:
  • We owned our territory, then gained the Rams' in week 1 and nothing in week 2 since Idaho State wasn't FBS.
  • We gave that all to Michigan in Week 3, who didn't give away anything until they lost to Iowa in November. Iowa lost to Florida in a bowl, which is how Florida came to "own" our territory.
  • We didn't really have many chances to gain any territory after week 3:
    • Oregon had lost to Nebraska right before they played us in Week 4
    • Oregon State gave away their territory long before we played in Week 5
    • We had a chance to pick up a bunch of territory on Week 5 against USC but lost
    • ASU, furd, UCLA, and UofA all had losses right before we played, so they gave away everything before we beat them
    • Wazzou gave away their territory to EWU week 1, then didn't have any more chances to add territory until after they played us
    • UW had most of the Pac 12 territory (via Utah, who got it from (shockingly) OSU, who got it from Cal, who got it from Utah) until they played USC. When USC beat UW, they basically consolidated most of the west.
    • Okie Lite lost Bedlam right before our bowl game, so they didn't own any territory
  • Air Force actually lost their territory to Wyoming, who lost it to UNLV, who lost it to Boise State, who lost it to... Air Force.

I don't know about all of this map stuff, but one thing I can tell you is that the games would be taken much more seriously. One quick question is in regards to women. Do the victors get to ride off with them like the Vikings of lore?

If its fun for some folks, great, I won't take it from you. but the premise of this entire exercise is that the transitive law has relevance in college football, which is false.

Why does AF have so much territory?

And, anything that keeps Nubs off the map is fine with me.

Why does AF have so much territory?
The starting point is that every county in the county "belongs" to the FBS school to which it is geographically closest. Then you "take" all of your opponent's land when you beat them.

For all those counties in AF blue, AF is the closest FBS school - they haven't played an FBS school yet, so they haven't gained or lost any land.

Cool idea. But I still don't understand how Air Force gets half the state. I guess it's the closest school to the southern areas.

By the way looks to me, going into conference play, the Pac-12 doesn't control much territory.

We could run the table and not have much territory.

By the way looks to me, going into conference play, the Pac-12 doesn't control much territory.

We could run the table and not have much territory.
Probably have the most out of every conference actually lol, Alaska coming through in the clutch.

Back