What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is the identity of CU football?

pcbuff

It was the question on a sports show here in Utah this morning. I know the answer for several of our Pac brethren, but not for the team I watch every weekend. Seems like it changes based on players recently, and I’m not sure that’s a good thing.

Tempo spread designed to get playmakers the ball in space. (From what I saw this spring).

On D, 3-front designed to prevent big play and keep everything in front of them. Intermittent pressure.

Maybe this is more scheme than spread.

Expect to lose recruiting battles with USC or UCLA.

Coach is no Kelly or Shaw or Peterson (or Whittingham or Leach).

Not expected to spend crazy money like Oregon.

Not as smart as Stanford, Cal, UCLA, USC, UDub.

Sometimes proves the adage that any Pac-12 team can beat any other PAC-12 team. But mostly a South division doormat with infrequent & unsustained success.

Really cool college town, though.

The identity of this team is a finesse team that thrives on its ability to pass and stop the pass. That’s where the talent has been recruited and developed and that’s where the coaching emphasis has been placed.
By far the best non sarcastic answer. We’ve had an elite receiver and a number of good recievers. We’ve placed a number of good secondary guys to the NFL.

Thanks

Expect to lose recruiting battles with USC or UCLA.

Coach is no Kelly or Shaw or Peterson (or Whittingham or Leach).

Not expected to spend crazy money like Oregon.

Not as smart as Stanford, Cal, UCLA, USC, UDub.

Sometimes proves the adage that any Pac-12 team can beat any other PAC-12 team. But mostly a South division doormat with infrequent & unsustained success.

Really cool college town, though.

To negative my friend!!! You are likely a major downer at parties :-(

We don’t have one and don’t think one is necessary to win. If I had to hazard a guess I think Mmacs ID would be on D...particularly the secondary.

I think the rest of the PAC 12 viewed us as an automatic win until 2016. Then their perception changed and we got better effort and focus from our opponents last year.

three-stooges-football.jpeg

Back