What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What to expect from Davis Webb (NOTHING - Cal Bound)

In the famous words of Doris Day:
"Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be"

Did any of you guys watch Montez this Spring? Did he show regular flashes of brilliance, or was he simply the impressive Freshman we all think will be a beast in 2018. Could it then be #1?
IMO he looked very average at the Spring Game. He got better when he started putting zip on the ball...it looked to me like he was told to not throw so hard, so he tried that, but gave up and then looked pretty good when throwing it harder which I think is much more comfortable for him.

IMO he looked very average at the Spring Game. He got better when he started putting zip on the ball...it looked to me like he was told to not throw so hard, so he tried that, but gave up and then looked pretty good when throwing it harder which I think is much more comfortable for him.
That's the one thing I hate to hear from coaches in terms of a qb's development. It is a huge indictment of your receivers. It was most evident on the crossing patterns inside the red zone where he skipped it at Shay's? feet. Needs to just let it fly.

I concur with Bufffan68. He struggled at first, partly for the reasons bufffan mentioned and I think partly because the o line struggled early on. Once the O line settled down and he had time he looked better.

I wouldn't put it past Chev telling Webb "Now that I've been here and seen first hand what you will be working with, CU may not be a fit for your football career goals... They have a lot further to go than I originally thought"

I wouldn't put it past Chev telling Webb "Now that I've been here and seen first hand what you will be working with, CU may not be a fit for your football career goals... They have a lot further to go than I originally thought"

Pretty sure Chev is more concerned with his own career and getting CU back to respectability than he is about Webb's pro prospects.

Really @SJBuff ? You actually think our recruiting coordinator is advising players not to come here?

Shark has been jumped with the wild speculations.

Bingo.

I understand that it is the coaches responsibility to look out for the student's best interests, but if Chev is telling players to not come here because we are "not as far along as I originally thought" then he should be fired immediately.

This isn't going to end for the next two months. Are we really going to be speculating what's going on for the next two months? It'll be what it'll be. Hell in my freaking advanced tax class we discussed what's going on for half of the class this morning. All indications are that he is coming. I am absolutely worried, but I believe our chances of nabbing him are at 80%. What sucks is that a week ago I would've put it at 100%.

This isn't going to end for the next two months. Are we really going to be speculating what's going on for the next two months? It'll be what it'll be. Hell in my freaking advanced tax class we discussed what's going on for half of the class this morning. All indications are that he is coming. I am absolutely worried, but I believe our chances of nabbing him are at 80%. What sucks is that a week ago I would've put it at 100%.

Not two months. Thank goodness. Webb graduates from TTU on May 21st.

Not two months. Thank goodness. Webb graduates from TTU on May 21st.
Are you sure that he is able to register for classes that early though? My friends that transferred weren't able to register until mid June. Maybe it is different for athletic grad transfers.

LiyENZkK_400x400.jpeg

Are you sure that he is able to register for classes that early though? My friends that transferred weren't able to register until mid June. Maybe it is different for athletic grad transfers.

Hmm I don't know then. I know that at least some of the incoming freshman will be on campus early June and I would assume they will be enrolled in summer classes by that point.

Hmm I don't know then. I know that at least some of the incoming freshman will be on campus early June and I would assume they will be enrolled in summer classes by that point.
Yeah, my understanding is that FB players take more Summer classes to balance out a lighter load during the season.

Not sure how that relates to Webb's situation. After all, you only have to be pursuing a degree, not actually earn one.

I think the question is, what's the absolute earliest he can register for classes and officially sign his transfer paperwork. I assume the coaches will be counting down the minutes for him getting pen to paper.

Hmm. I hadn't thought of that.

I don't think it has anything to do with registering for classes, it has to do with when he graduates and then he can enroll at the school.

What. The. ****.

Back