What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What to expect from Davis Webb (NOTHING - Cal Bound)

Visiting Cal and planning to visit Auburn, sounds like a guy who is looking around for a spot to land. Webb looks at this coming year to be his one shot at auditioning for the NFL, so he is being thorough. But his actions indicate that he is having doubts that CU is the place for him.

Maybe the CU coaches sent him on a clandestine operation to California. You know, to get dope on Cal. Yeah, that's it. I'm convinced. It's a clandestine operation.
Uh....there' another "dope" involved.........ain't Webb!

Such a weird situation. Either Webb is lying to the staff or we have reporters making stuff up for a story.

He's still "coming to CU" until he isn't. I'm surprised Mac is even commenting - it seems like everyone sees what's coming except him.

Either that or we're all jaded fans expecting the worst and this is much ado about nothing. I hope it's the latter.

Davis Webb has established a pattern as a journeyman.

Rover is gonna rove.

He left his original HS in Keller in order to complete his senior year at Prosper. He's talking about leaving TTU to use his remaining eligibility at CU or Cal or whatever. The way this spring is going, it wouldn't even surprise me if he ends up back in Lubbock.

At this point, I'm thoroughly expecting Webb's name to keep coming up again and again until the final whistle is blown at the final spring game in P5 football.

Webb hits it and quits it.
Webb is a rambling man.
Ain't no institution's gonna tie him down for long.
Sharks die if they aren't moving forward.

If CU is able to corral Webb for a season, he could not only compete for the starting QB role right away, but he might also re-write CU's single season record books for a passer. How hard is it to out perform Hansen, Sefo and Cody Hawkins? Leaving marks in the program's record books is one of the more compelling reasons why Webb should honor his commitment to Boulder. It is much harder to leave his mark atop the record books at Cal or Auburn.

If stray cat struts back to Boulder, I'll cheer him on. In this case, loyalty is second to winning.

That sounds extra Kush.

jerrymaguire_Image15.jpg

He's still "coming to CU" until he isn't. I'm surprised Mac is even commenting - it seems like everyone sees what's coming except him.

Either that or we're all jaded fans expecting the worst and this is much ado about nothing. I hope it's the latter.
It seems he is being asked directly by the media and giving what he knows. If he starts answering with a "no comment", then, he gone.

I think nik's point the other day about coaches putting pressure on him through the media is a good one.

I guess I could believe that going on trips to visit campuses is just a way to get a free vacation and a chance to tour the country... I could see him being committed to CU and gaming the system. I could see him staying strong with his commitment to CU and having that be a minor boon to the program (he committed to CU over Cal and Auburn!)

Problem is, I could also see his confidence wavering and looking for a way out which would be a huge kick in the nuts and do damage to the program as a whole.

I guess I could believe that going on trips to visit campuses is just a way to get a free vacation and a chance to tour the country... I could see him being committed to CU and gaming the system. I could see him staying strong with his commitment to CU and having that be a minor boon to the program (he committed to CU over Cal and Auburn!)

Problem is, I could also see his confidence wavering and looking for a way out which would be a huge kick in the nuts and do damage to the program as a whole.
My buddy and his wife jumped at the chance to take a free weekend ski vacation. They now own 1/12 of a 2 bedroom condo in Vail.

Free vacations are rarely free.

If Webb was as committed here as MacIntyre says he is, he would have been in town Saturday. This says alot about the perception of the bulk of this staff nationally, Brian Lindgren in particular. Consider who he's talking to. Webb is flirting with Auburn. Let's not kid ourselves-he doesn't fit there. He's also flirting with Cal.....who hired Jake Spavital (who was fired by A&M) to replace Tony Franklin (who went to Middle Tennessee). Sure, he fits there from a scheme perspective. He's still the #1 grad transfer QB in this class. He can start at a number of places nationwide, and probably several in this conference alone (Oregon State, here, Wazzu come to mind right off the bat). He wants to improve his draft stock and doesn't think MM and Lindgren can do it (he may look at this situation and think theres a pretty good chance he'll be playing for Jim Leavitt by the end of the year), regardless of how tight he and Chiaverini might be.

I don't think it's a guarantee he'd be better than Sefo. Their numbers aren't so significantly different to make it a clear upgrade, especially considering our talent level. Will be interesting to see how it turns out though. Mac's definitely putting himself out there.

5,557 yards, 61.4% comp., 7.4 YPA, 46 TDs, 22 INTs
10 yards rushing, 3 TDs

7,397 yards, 62.9% comp., 6.8 YPA, 49 TDs, 29 INTs
445 yards rushing, 5 TDs

If Webb was as committed here as MacIntyre says he is, he would have been in town Saturday. This says alot about the perception of the bulk of this staff nationally, Brian Lindgren in particular. Consider who he's talking to. Webb is flirting with Auburn. Let's not kid ourselves-he doesn't fit there. He's also flirting with Cal.....who hired Jake Spavital (who was fired by A&M) to replace Tony Franklin (who went to Middle Tennessee). Sure, he fits there from a scheme perspective. He's still the #1 grad transfer QB in this class. He can start at a number of places nationwide, and probably several in this conference alone (Oregon State, here, Wazzu come to mind right off the bat). He wants to improve his draft stock and doesn't think MM and Lindgren can do it (he may look at this situation and think theres a pretty good chance he'll be playing for Jim Leavitt by the end of the year), regardless of how tight he and Chiaverini might be.
I don't know if this has been covered on all buffs but I believe he took an official visit to cal, he never planned on being here for the spring game as he came and spent money out of his own pocket to be here on his spring break. Not saying he will be a buff but his presence at the spring game is meaningless.

You have it all figured out.

MM and co are shaping this how they want it. If Webb leaves it will appear that he gave them their word and blindsided them rather than them losing him due to some unknown reason

Webb has gone radio silent with social media for several days. Crazy how silence can result in yo-yo speculation and emotions.

When Webb was in Boulder over spring break what spooked him?
1) the state of our offensive line
2) Montez
3) The coordination-by-committee of our overall offense

I don't like leadership by committee, but since Webb knows and likes Chev this seems like a long shot. Did any of you guys watch Montez this Spring? Did he show regular flashes of brilliance, or was he simply the impressive Freshman we all think will be a beast in 2018. Could it then be #1?

Back