What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What will you be satisfied with? (not sexually)

What will you be satisfied with

• Just making the Tourney

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Beating Pitt

Votes: 42 42.9%
  • playing competitively w/UF

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • beating UF

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters
The team is effectively 1 junior, 3 sophmores, and 3 freshman. I would really like to beat Pitt this year and have a good showing against FL. They will get great experience and come back focused next year with or without Peter Dinwiddie. After all they have been through this year and how young they are just making the big dance was a huge accomplishment.

no option for cubuffs85 to stop posting? lame.

winning first round game makes me happy. #tadball!

I think if the team had finished the season hot, Cal and Utah on the road. Going 0-5 combined against Arizona and UCLA was highly disappointing but with Spencer I believe the average margin of defeat of 18 points would have been much smaller.
I hate playing the "if game," (it's hard not too I know) but yeah I agree here with the 18 points deficit. Besides Cal, we did win every close game (some were closer than they were really were) as well as the games we should've, we got a bit lucky in that aspect.

I think Stanford, KU, UW(special circumstances I know) were the only games that didn't go status quo (games we were predicted to win or lose).

Beating Pitt, and showing up against Florida. It's hard to say what being competitive with the #1 overall seed is in their backyard (within 10 at half, within 10 at the end, within 20 at the end, not having the game get switched to another one, etc.).
If we beat Pitt, we're playing with house money, no one is expecting anything against UF. They could lose by 50 IMO and I'd still be satisfied.

I think we would have won at Washington, UCLA at home, either Utah or Cal on the road, and pulled 1 out of UA home/road and ASU road.

That would have been 25-6 (14-4) heading into the Pac-12 tourney, giving the Buffs the 2-seed. Then, somewhere between 1-1 and 3-0 in the P12T.

So, today, I think we would have been sitting at 26-7 on the low end and 28-6 on the high end. With the way things shook out, that could have actually been good for a 1-seed on the high end and no worse than a 4-seed on the low end. I believe that's the type of seed we're gunning for next season.
I think it's closer to 4, but 5 isn't unrealistic, if some things work out in our favor. I think the game we almost definitely win is UW. UCLA at home/Cal on the road I like as well as the GameDay game. Good choices nonetheless.

In all honesty, I'm satisfied now. This team just sis something that has never been done before in the history of CU basketball. Three years in a row in the tournament is an incredible accomplishment. It's amazing. Anything beyond that is gravy as far as I'm concerned. I doubt the players or coaches feel the same way.

Beating Pitt, and showing up against Florida. It's hard to say what being competitive with the #1 overall seed is in their backyard (within 10 at half, within 10 at the end, within 20 at the end, not having the game get switched to another one, etc.).
It was hard for me to do many options because it's going to be tough enough just playing competitively against UF, let alone beating them.

We have been disrespected and we need to beat Pitt and play Florida down to the wire. This is essentially our team next year. These are the guys we are going to ppay with next season. Maybe SD comes back, but if he doesn't, this our team next year and we need to make a statement to everyone watching. Losing to Pitt doesn't help us at all.

We need Buff pride to take over. Making the tourney isn't just the expectation we should have. Proving people wrong sets the tone for next year.
We might've been disrespected by the media in general, but that's more of a product of being a west coast based program with little tradition and not a consistent top 25 team.

The committee didn't disrespect us IMO, if anything by giving us a #8, they gave us too much respect -- we were all expecting 9s/10s.

Pitt will have a turnout as there's a lot of PA people living in Orlando area, not just retirees. CU will have much fewer. Pitt looks like a similar team with perhaps a stingier defense. Expect a low scoring game with ugly offense and I'd be thrilled with a W.

Tad has done an amazing job. The season is already a HUGE success imo. Regardless of whether we win on thursday.

NCAA Champs with our opponents scoring a combined total of 0 pts.

I mean, that's what a lot of our posters want, right? Seems like we have people that get pissed off when the other team makes a play at all.

NCAA Champs with our opponents scoring a combined total of 0 pts.

I mean, that's what a lot of our posters want, right? Seems like we have people that get pissed off when the other team makes a play at all.

Finally someone has a reasonable expectation. Stop giving up baskets buffs.

Ski. When I looked at the pictures of the team yesterday, I thought Ski looked comparatively quiet and subdued. Today he's quoted,

"The reason why I'm not cheering and standing up is because I know how serious it gets. Last year we lost the first game to Illinois — a very winnable game. We didn't come out and take care of business and I don't want that to happen this year."

You could not ask for a better attitude.

Go Buffs!

Looking at more poll results, I'm surprised how many people think we need to play competitively with UF to be satisfied. Even though I'm satisfied, I can understand those who feel we need to beat Pitt to validate our season but I have hard time thinking they'd need to do more than that, considering were going up against the top team in the tourney.

I am satisfied with the season...but as a fan I want to beat Pittsburgh and give a good scare to Florida...that is why I chose be competitive with UF

This is a great chance to get next year's team some tournament experience because I am expecting a great 2014-15 season with everybody coming back...if Spencer or Peter Dinwiddie plays for the Buffs next year, that is just gravy!!!

I am satisfied with the season...but as a fan I want to beat Pittsburgh and give a good scare to Florida...that is why I chose be competitive with UF

This is a great chance to get next year's team some tournament experience because I am expecting a great 2014-15 season with everybody coming back...if Spencer or Peter Dinwiddie plays for the Buffs next year, that is just gravy!!!
Don't really care so much if we hypothetically gave UF a scare. Don't get me wrong, I want to see this team push the envelope as much as possible, but it comes down to wins or losses. Just playing UF would be more than enough.

The more I think about it, the difference between winning and losing this game will mean a lot since UF is so lofty.

Don't really care so much if we hypothetically gave UF a scare. Don't get me wrong, I want to see this team push the envelope as much as possible, but it comes down to wins or losses. Just playing UF would be more than enough.

The more I think about it, the difference between winning and losing this game will mean a lot since UF is so lofty.

So just playing the game and getting beat by 30 would be okay with you? I would not want the team going into the offseason with that taste in their mouth.

So just playing the game and getting beat by 30 would be okay with you? I would not want the team going into the offseason with that taste in their mouth.
If I felt like they were giving it their all, I would be "ok" with that. They're most likely going to lose at some point anyways and if they lost by 30 to a much stronger opponent in any round, I wouldn't be too upset. I didn't get too upset when they get slaughtered by UofA this year.

If I felt like they were giving it their all, I would be "ok" with that. They're most likely going to lose at some point anyways and if they lost by 30 to a much stronger opponent in any round, I wouldn't be too upset. I didn't get too upset when they get slaughtered by UofA this year.

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow

What's so wow about it, you think this team can honestly compete against a top 5 team on a neutral court? We have a hard enough time being competitive on the road period against a competent team, post-Spencer.

What's so wow about it, you think this team can honestly compete against a top 5 team on a neutral court? We have a hard enough time being competitive on the road period against a competent team, post-Spencer.

I'm never ok with getting blown out, but it seems you are the opposite. I don't want this team to be embarrassed on a national stage.

I'm never ok with getting blown out, but it seems you are the opposite. I don't want this team to be embarrassed on a national stage.

So you were embarrassed every time we lost to UofA this year? Only time I've felt embarrassed getting blown out by a top team was against Texas in the Big 12 Championship in 2005. 70-3 is bad anyway you look at it.

So you were embarrassed every time we lost to UofA this year? Only time I've felt embarrassed getting blown out by a top team was against Texas in the Big 12 Championship in 2005. 70-3 is bad anyway you look at it.
Yes I was. Here's a ribbon for you...

participation-award.png

Beat Pitt and get to the weekend. Who knows, maybe playing Arizona a week before would be just the experience this team needs to give Florida a run.

Yes I was. Here's a ribbon for you...

participation-award.png
Thanks, I didn't say I liked the result or had "fun." If we had Spencer I probably would've felt differently, but it's clear UofA is on a different level than us.

I realize you are more of an optimist than I am from your posts so I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment. What kind of chance do you think we have against Florida if we make it that far?

Thanks, I didn't say I liked the result or had "fun." If we had Spencer I probably would've felt differently, but it's clear UofA is on a different level than us.

I realize you are more of an optimist than I am from your posts so I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment. What kind of chance do you think we have against Florida if we make it that far?
20/80 for a win but I think it'll be close because of their style of play

Back