What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What would you build at CU if you won the half billion $ powerball?

Me too, but it would have to be sculpted by the same guys that did the UT FB statues a few years back. Seeing Dr. Phil commemerated in a neo-Al Jolson style with oriental flair would be worth the money.

Then I'd endow a baseball team.

I would make it contingent of the FB coach joining Barzil and answering questions twice a week.

My own private box with a separate entrance to Folsom, and my own bathroom.

I forgot about those statues. Thanks for the laugh, those things were ghastly!

I would make my donation contingent on starting and funding a beer brewing degree. Interdisciplinary with marketing, finance, business and science programs. And all sporting events must offer student brews.

This prone statue of the buffalo would be donated to NDSU.
a4f627399a8e4de3a0886038746d87c5--good-luck-horns.jpg

Buffs don’t lay down. I hate that stupid lazy statue (that got ridden by ASU Sparky). Get up!

And then replace it with a well endowed bull bison that stands proud and has a sack the size of cannon balls.
buffalo.jpg

Then dynamite Gamow Tower. That eyesore has obstructed the view of the FlatIrons for way too long.

21247857.jpg

Establish a men’s lacrosse program.

Add a hockey rink & a hockey program.

And then launch a scholarship based men’s and womens cycling program that is second to none.

i'd build a stack of empty whisky bottles the height of folsom field. it might take me a little time. then, i would have the glass melted into a giant statue of ralphie. then, i would have the statute raised to the flatirons where it would be adored by the masses. meanwhile, i would grow a really long gray beard and carry a staff and wear a robe and walk the earth, preaching the glory of the Buffalo.

oh, and i'd have like 12 really hot disciples... and they would follow me from town to town, having adventures and such. plus, someone needs to carry the booze and things.

and, if that didn't work out... hookers and blow.

I would purchase the PAC 12 Network and then sell it to ESPN for lifetime tickets to all major sporting events on the court or field, and a lifetime job as the Director of PAC 12 Sports Programming. Could also be a part of the new 8 team playoff, that will never allow G5 schools into it!
Then with said new network, we could guarantee at least $80 million + to each PAC 12 school.
With said annual income from new TV network, CU would take what is needed to complete the stadium with many of the ideas already listed, especially filling in all the sides, and fixing up Balch.
PS, I would have already given my wife 50% the minute the check cleared as per usual! We are still married of course, but Eddie Murphy always says you have to give HALF!

LiverTV!

yes, i may have to change my plan. so much for the wandering proselytizing-- we can do some mass-communicating instead!

"Tonight at 11: The best ways to dispose of the body if he or she is caught peeing in your shower."

Hockey @ the Keg which would be the only way CU joins the Big Ten in a sport.

1). Top off the Drive to 105
2) Add $250k to annual marketing budget for x years
3). Add $250k to recruiting budget (can you do this or does NCAA mandate an amount?) for x years
4). Can we add quality control staff a la Bama? Is that a Money thing that falls outside of assistant coach limit numbers?

All of this makes me realize I don’t know enough about how the biz of CU football works. Anyone have an article or book suggestion?

Mens Soccer. Convert Folsom (remove first few rows that have **** visibility anyways) to accommodate wider soccer pitch.

Not to be a wet blanket, but I wouldn't give anything substantial in the first year. A $500M Powerball ticket nets you about 1/3 of that in cash after the reduction for the cash value and the tax man gets after it. So call it $134M. I would be deathly afraid of becoming yet another of the alarmingly high percentage of Lottery Winners that end up bankrupt.

Out of the gate I would:
1) Buy a suite for the next 20 years - what's the going rate on that these days, $1.5M? Then earmark 4 tickets a game for charities such as Boys Club of America
2) Make an equal donation to the Athletic Drive for 105 fund - and match that with an academic donation
3) Buy a small condo in Boulder so I don't have anymore crazy AirBnB stories for night games (and start attending more BBall games)
4) Match the total of 1&2 with a donation to my church
5) Help out immediate family but no friends
6) Buy SOME, but not much real estate
7) Go hide in a bunker for a few years and see how things shake out

Goal would be to still have $100M after all that.

Once I have a grip on my new standard of living and finances in a few years, then I would make a substantial donation - somewhere between 5-10% depending on market behavior in the interim - and a matching donation to other charities.

Maybe that makes me a freak, but when the wide ranging stats show anywhere from a 1/3 to 3/4 of lottery winners end up broke, I would want to settle in first before doing anything crazy.

I would ensure my will dictates the estate gets split 3 ways: 1/3 to each of two children, and the remaining 1/3 to charities, including CU.

Last edited:
Not to be a wet blanket, but I wouldn't give anything substantial in the first year. A $500M Powerball ticket nets you about 1/3 of that in cash after the reduction for the cash value and the tax man gets after it. So call it $134M. I would be deathly afraid of becoming yet another of the alarmingly high percentage of Lottery Winners that end up bankrupt.

Out of the gate I would:
1) Buy a suite for the next 20 years - what's the going rate on that these days, $1.5M? Then earmark 4 tickets a game for charities such as Boys Club of America
2) Make an equal donation to the Athletic Drive for 105 fund - and match that with an academic donation
3) Buy a small condo in Boulder so I don't have anymore crazy AirBnB stories for night games (and start attending more BBall games)
4) Match the total of 1&2 with a donation to my church
5) Help out immediate family but no friends
6) Buy SOME, but not much real estate
7) Go hide in a bunker for a few years and see how things shake out

Goal would be to still have $100M after all that.

Once I have a grip on my new standard of living and finances in a few years, then I would make a substantial donation - somewhere between 5-10% depending on market behavior in the interim - and a matching donation to other charities.

Maybe that makes me a freak, but when the wide ranging stats show anywhere from a 1/3 to 3/4 of lottery winners end up broke, I would want to settle in first before doing anything crazy.

I would ensure my will dictates the estate gets split 3 ways: 1/3 to each of two children, and the remaining 1/3 to charities, including CU.
This post is way too serious.

What would I do, Highlander asks.

Two words:
Space elevator.

Some **** stain won the mega millions jackpot from the 7-11 by our house. Why is it always Florida?

Cause people in Florida buy lots of tickets:
state-lottery-revenue-per-capita-map.png

I'm trying to find the same data, but not on a per capita basis. I had to go off of population data. Florida has the fourth highest population. Only NY and CA spend more total on lottery tickets. So, you'd expect most winners to come from these states.

StatePopulation RankingPopulation Census Data: 2013 Total lottery spend ($Millions)
California138,332,521 | 5,396
Texas226,448,193 | 4,056
New York319,651,127 | 7,820
Florida419,552,860 | 5,116
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

With that kind of cash, I would also give to many of the suggestions already made on this thread. However, I would start at Sackygate and make it the most bad ass enviable tailgate on campus based upon Sackys suggestions. A bus to transport AllBuff members to & from home games. Then Balch Field house, pay for top tier coaches/recruiters, individual padded seats at Folsom, new scoreboards, etc; etc; etc; Ohh and Hookers & Blow!

Back