What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

When did this become an issue?

@Always BUFF I am not opposed to playing true freshman at all. I think you tend to underestimate the experience gained on special teams and limited mop-up time though. Just being on the traveling squad and getting to experience road environments can help. It should not be looked upon as those guys getting a raw deal. Involve the young players without overwhelming them unless the talent is very special or desperate measures are required.

We'll see the true freshmen play a little on offense, maybe more if minor injuries hit (Shenault did spell Bobo for a play on Saturday).

I think CU fans are way too reluctant to play freshmen.

But I want to play them where I see mediocrity.

For example, I'd be cool with Fontenot playing if Adkins-Evans-Bisharat don't show they can effectively spell Lindsay this week.

I'm ready for Poplawski to get more run at TE.
The reluctance stems from years of 2* recruits resulting in the "diamond in rough" bs and then there's the "he needs another year" carfoona....for what 2-4 Ws a year?. I'm starting to sound like a crotchety old man, still pull the shirt of Fontenot if needed based on the team not because Adkins-Evans-Bisharat fall flat or short...nothing ventured nothing gained.

we need real experience for our next RB not named Beau. if that's a freshman, yank his shirt and get him carries. next year will be a problem if we don't find an answer soon

@Always BUFF I am not opposed to playing true freshman at all. I think you tend to underestimate the experience gained on special teams and limited mop-up time though. Just being on the traveling squad and getting to experience road environments can help. It should not be looked upon as those guys getting a raw deal. Involve the young players without overwhelming them unless the talent is very special or desperate measures are required.

We'll see the true freshmen play a little on offense, maybe more if minor injuries hit (Shenault did spell Bobo for a play on Saturday).
A play, even when the game was score close did anyone think for a second this game was in jeopardy? To think that would send us all back to the dark ages (Hawkins).

That fumble won't win him many supporters. It's one thing to do that against UNC. Against most anybody else, that fumble might have been the difference in the game. The team was moving and going in for a score.

And it was due to nonchalantly carrying the ball rather than some big hit.

I'm still not understanding the issue here. You really think Shenault or Nixon should be playing a lot?
Not at all other than 3 OOCs and they're shirts are burned at this point. CU recruited them to continue the Rise, they have talent or they wouldn't be in Boulder. Give them the opportunity to succeed playing against the lambs of the world or dress them up to watch the game at speed on the sideline and begin the process.

Always BUFF needs to pay more attention in his writing class.

Always BUFF needs to pay more attention in his writing class.
I write Buff speak..it's all I've known since "67", probably doesn't measure up to today's standards of posting. I'd apologize for my grammar I don't feel the need to do so...after all are we not all BUFFS?

It's telling that Bisharat (a 4-star national recruit) is instantly behind a former walk-on who just came back from major hip surgery. And........There's absolutely no bitching from the fan base.

Dear Beau, move to the D side!
When he signed add 20-25 lbs instant H Back cause he knows what to do in the open field with the ball. Just me...he was never RB material at the D1 level, and try as this staff has to make him a "blocking back" not going to happen.

I kinda wish the WR's were properly positioned within the formations. Honestly, Bobo and Winfree should be the outside guys and Ross and Fields in the slots. The only chance that Ross and Fields have a chance in the NFL is in the slot, so let them do that now. Shenault would sub in outside, and then Nixon and JMac would sub inside.
Not a total fan of the WR mentality right now with the self proclaimed name and the lack of downfield blocking on run plays. They need to step up on Saturday night!
The TE can work in this offense if properly coached, but we all know we have a JV High School Offensive Coordinator.

that laser slant that montez threw v. unc-- i want to see a lot more of those. really hard to defend when the wr has wheels and size.

Back