What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

When do we move on from Tad?

If I'm RG, I'd make a run at Jeff Linder after this year. He got UNC through their NCAA issue, won the CIT last year, and they lead the Big Sky right now. They've won at Wyoming two years in a row (no small feat for that program-that hadn't happened in 80 years before they did it last year). He was also the guy who got Damian Lillard to go to Weber State during his tenure there-proof he can recruit. I might be a little biased given I'm a UNC alum, but I think he's an upgrade over Tad right now.

If I'm RG, I'd make a run at Jeff Linder after this year. He got UNC through their NCAA issue, won the CIT last year, and they lead the Big Sky right now. They've won at Wyoming two years in a row (no small feat for that program-that hadn't happened in 80 years before they did it last year). He was also the guy who got Damian Lillard to go to Weber State during his tenure there-proof he can recruit. I might be a little biased given I'm a UNC alum, but I think he's an upgrade over Tad right now.
UNC hires have been very successful at CU before, why not!!!?

unc women's coach recently took job at pac12 wash state after getting team to ncaa tournament
already won more infinitely more games in pac12 this year than colorado
t9k4b48uhk201.gif

Disclaimer: I hardly pay any attention to basketball. With that said, losing at home to Oregon State in basketball is akin to losing at home to Oregon State in football.

Disclaimer: I hardly pay any attention to basketball. With that said, losing at home to Oregon State in basketball is akin to losing at home to Oregon State in football.

OSU is in 3rd place. Yes, the conference is a dumpster fire, but no, it is not akin to losing to them in football.

Haven't watched a CU MBB game since beating WSU. I don't think I'm the only one who is losing interest in CU MBB at this point. Perhaps that explains why attendance isn't what it used to be at the Keg. I concur that Boyle should be back one more season but there needs to be an actual plan for succession in this case. Given that CU fired MacIntyre this season, it basically saves Boyle from getting fired after this season.

Poor recruiting ..there is zero reason why this team should be young except too many whiffs...and a non existant or bad offensive scheme.... could be Tads worst season..in a PAC 12 that is the epitome of mediocre.

people should maybe look at the absolute fact CU struggles to recruit in all but skiing and cross-country. I love the university, but nationally Colorado is seen as 'soft' when it comes to sports. it's very sad, but the opposition can point out we have no baseball, wrestling, gymnastics, men's soccer or tennis, no swimming or diving, etc. And, the Keg is a 2nd or 3rd tier facility at this point. CU is not high on many top player's lists, and that's not Tad's fault

Poor recruiting ..there is zero reason why this team should be young except too many whiffs...and a non existant or bad offensive scheme.... could be Tads worst season..in a PAC 12 that is the epitome of mediocre.
It disturbs me that your pause dots go from three...to four....to two..could you try to be more consistent?

If CU is going to start putting money into the basketball program, it makes sense they’d do it with a coaching change. Which sucks for Tad, because he’s been playing against a stacked deck all these years, but why would RG change things up now?

If CU is going to start putting money into the basketball program, it makes sense they’d do it with a coaching change. Which sucks for Tad, because he’s been playing against a stacked deck all these years, but why would RG change things up now?
Maybe RG wants to hire his own guy, and then he'll start putting funding into the program?

Well, RG is the one who keeps extending Tad's contract. I realize RG is God Incarnate to most folks on this site, but he doesn't care about hoops.
I'm not giving RG a pass for this year's non-conf schedule.

Last edited:
Back