What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who is your all-time favorite CU running back?

A ten year baseball career with a cup of coffee in the majors is better than most. I didn't know he ever made it to the bigs. Good for him.

This is a hard one-I've got four all up there.....EB. Has all the records, and was so key to the national championship year. Rashaan Salaam. Heisman obviously. Chris Brown and Bobby Purify-their performance in 62-36 was the greatest I've ever seen from a backfield.

Off topic and dude didnt go to CU but had a question. Any of you guys remember Darnell McDonald? Think that's the right name. I remember one day after practice, I was watching SSA and he was a Colorado HS rb. Whatever happened to that guy, I wanna say he ended up playing baseball? He was damn good at football though.

I played with Darnell is HS. Just an amazing athlete. I wish I could have seen him play college football. He's done with baseball and is back in CO now. He's kind of a hippy too now which is funny. Cool guy.

decided to turn pro in baseball instead of heading to Texas actually. His brothers were also drafted straight out of CCHS. Darnell had a 10 year baseball career. Was a journeyman but did start some games for the red sox
I thought he went to A&M and not UT?

I thought he went to A&M and not UT?
Singed to play at UT, but couldn't turn down that sweet, sweet 1st round draft pick money from the Orioles. He was interested in CU and got along with the weasel, but CU of course didn't have baseball.

Adam posted a terrific interview with Phillip Lindsay yesterday on Scout. Easily one of the most articulate, honest, and likable players CU has ever had. Talked about his high school knee injury and the tough journey back with the help and encouragement of CU staff. Really good read.

I assume behind pay wall, but linked nevertheless.

http://scout.com/college/colorado/A...ens-Up-About-Adversity-He-Has-Faced-106439012

Adam posted a terrific interview with Phillip Lindsay yesterday on Scout. Easily one of the most articulate, honest, and likable players CU has ever had. Talked about his high school knee injury and the tough journey back with the help and encouragement of CU staff. Really good read.

I assume behind pay wall, but linked nevertheless.

http://scout.com/college/colorado/A...ens-Up-About-Adversity-He-Has-Faced-106439012

I thought the most telling thing was him talking about his redshirt year and how winning the scout team player of the year will always be his most cherished award, even if he wins the Heisman or something.

The rationale is all you need to know about Taz: scout team award was in recognition of doing everything he could to make his team better and prepare his teammates for games even at a time when there wasn't going to be any personal glory in it.

Nuff said.

This is a hard one-I've got four all up there.....EB. Has all the records, and was so key to the national championship year. Rashaan Salaam. Heisman obviously. Chris Brown and Bobby Purify-their performance in 62-36 was the greatest I've ever seen from a backfield.
Cortlen Johnson arguably had the best year in 2001. Don't forget about him.

Back