What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WHo will win the MNC in 2009?

Who will win the MNC in 2009?

• Total voters
I have to go with Florida...they are just so loaded on both sides of the football. I am still hoping a Big 12 besides OU will get to represent the Big 12 in a BCS bowl game for a change...those Sooners just can't stop choking in bowl games.

Nebraska gets it's chance early - Sept. 19 at Virginia Tech. That should shut their cakeholes for awhile.
husker_trailer_boy.jpg

This is a national championship thread. WTF are the fuskers even being mentioned? how ****ing stupid is that? those ****ers haven't been relevant since 62-36.

This is a national championship thread. WTF are the fuskers even being mentioned? how ****ing stupid is that? those ****ers haven't been relevant since 62-36.

come on guys be nice....does a buff really want to get on the subject of relevancy? :smile2:

come on guys be nice....does a buff really want to get on the subject of relevancy? :smile2:

I'd argue that the CU fanbase is far more realistic on the topic of their team's relevancy than the huskers. Would you agree with that?

I'd argue that the CU fanbase is far more realistic on the topic of their team's relevancy than the huskers. Would you agree with that?

In some cases yes. Most educated fans don't think we are gods gift to football.

Last edited:

dick-head.gif

This is probably the wrong thread to argue that point in. CU leading in a poll about who'll win the National Championship?

:cool:

This is probably the wrong thread to argue that point in. CU leading in a poll about who'll win the National Championship?

:cool:

I disagree. In my opinion, there's an enormous difference between rabid optimism as we anticipate an upcoming season, and a broader sense of undue relevance.

In one, a fan refuses to acknowledge a loss until the score clock hits zero. In the other, a fan believes the college football world owes his/her team something based on some perceived sense of importance.

It's the difference between micro and macro or tactical and strategic.

While I acknowledge that any individual fan's attitude appears mostly similar to his/her counterpart who roots for another team, I do believe in broader fanbase cultures. It's my experience that a majority of nebraska fans view their team as an (if not the) elite program on the national scale.

I'd argue that the average CU fan is less inclined to believe that our team deserves that recognition. It's just an observation.

I disagree. In my opinion, there's an enormous difference between rabid optimism as we anticipate an upcoming season, and a broader sense of undue relevance.

In one, a fan refuses to acknowledge a loss until the score clock hits zero. In the other, a fan believes the college football world owes his/her team something based on some perceived sense of importance.

It's the difference between micro and macro or tactical and strategic.

While I acknowledge that any individual fan's attitude appears mostly similar to his/her counterpart who roots for another team, I do believe in broader fanbase cultures. It's my experience that a majority of nebraska fans view their team as an (if not the) elite program on the national scale.

I'd argue that the average CU fan is less inclined to believe that our team deserves that recognition. It's just an observation.

Wow thats way too in depth over this lol

I'd argue that the average CU fan will see NU fans in a negative light, while the average NU fan would see CU fans in a negative light, and there's no way to objectively address your proposal.

Nebraska obviously isn't a top program anymore, nor close to being one, and CU obivously isn't quite as good of a program as NU is. I would say that CU has a better chance of becoming as good of a program as NU as NU does of returning to be amongst the top programs.

I'd argue that the average CU fan will see NU fans in a negative light, while the average NU fan would see CU fans in a negative light, and there's no way to objectively address your proposal.

Nebraska obviously isn't a top program anymore, nor close to being one, and CU obivously isn't quite as good of a program as NU is. I would say that CU has a better chance of becoming as good of a program as NU as NU does of returning to be amongst the top programs.

I would say that footballs aren't really made from pigskin but from the skin of a unicorn!

Perhaps not; I did qualify it as an "observation", and maybe it is a self-serving one at that. However, I believe even a biased fan (such as myself) can sift through editorials and subsequent responses in various husker publications (routinely sent to me by my husker father-in-law) and create a reasonably accurate picture of that fanbase's culture.

According to your first paragraph, you're not qualified to make that judgment.

Perhaps not; I did qualify it as an "observation", and maybe it is a self-serving one at that. However, I believe even a biased fan (such as myself) can sift through editorials and subsequent responses in various husker publications (routinely sent to me by my husker father-in-law) and create a reasonably accurate picture of that fanbase's culture.

According to your first paragraph, you're not qualified to make that judgment.

I said the average CU fan wouldn't look at it objectively.

I'm WAY above average. :cool::thumbsup:

Back