What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who would you hire and why?

Bobby Petrino, and give him a new Harley, and a beautiful young blonde assistant on signing day.

At first I was against this too, but the more I think about it, the hiring would make sense. IMO we need a defensive coach. Buck the trend of amazing offense and no D in the Pac-12.

I just don't want us to hire a coordinator with no HC experience, if we don't have to(Coaching pool is pretty weak this year though). If we did the only guy I would want is Diaco. Kirby doesn't do it for me because I haven't seen what he can do with minimal talent.

I'm sure others know more about the guy than me (I admit everything I know about him came from 2 minutes on his Wikipedia page), but I don't see what's so special about his background-it's all small time stuff save a couple years as DC at Utah. He lost something called the Potato Bowl last year...WTF is that?

I'm sure others know more about the guy than me (I admit everything I know about him came from 2 minutes on his Wikipedia page), but I don't see what's so special about his background-it's all small time stuff save a couple years as DC at Utah. He lost something called the Potato Bowl last year...WTF is that?

Isn't it something that they serve at KFC?

He tried to hire the person with whom he was having an affair to work as a subordinate employee. That is not a small "technicality".

I honestly don't care. And my point stands. No affair = no firing.

I honestly don't care. And my point stands. No affair = no firing.

The affair and the hiring scandal, and lying to his AD(and everybody) after the wreck are just more examples that the guy's a weasel. And beyond that he's had three controversial exits from his last 3 jobs. He'll find a way to screw CU over after a few years, that's what he does.

The affair and the hiring scandal, and lying to his AD(and everybody) after the wreck are just more examples that the guy's a weasel. And beyond that he's had three controversial exits from his last 3 jobs. He'll find a way to screw CU over after a few years, that's what he does.

Don't. Care.

You seem to be of the opinion that him leaving CU after a couple years is a bad thing in comparison to the situation we're in right now. This is what happens when an administration allows a program to sink to the depths our program has sunk to - you get fans (like me) who really don't give a sh!t about what Petrino did to get fired at Arky. We want to win - period. If Petrino comes here and wins, I seriously don't care what he does. It makes no difference to me. I'm so unbelievably tired of losing that I'd gladly hire Petrino if that's what it takes to get CU respectable on the football field once again.

Don't. Care.

You seem to be of the opinion that him leaving CU after a couple years is a bad thing in comparison to the situation we're in right now.

Well, I think there are many hires that would have CU in a better situation than we're in now. With Petrino, I think he's proven that his bad outweighs the good. He wins, he leaves, the program goes to sh*t. And I think we'd feel pretty stupid hiring the guy only to watch him repeat the same pattern. I want to win badly too, but I really would like a shot at something sustainable going forward so we're not back in a mess in 4 years.

Not to mention, his ability to win may not be as guaranteed anymore. His laundry list of shadiness, combined with that latest circus pretty much confirms that the guy is a certified a-hole and a bit of a joke. It's not guaranteed he's going to be able to recruit or retain a staff with his rep.

He tried to hire the person with whom he was having an affair to work as a subordinate employee. That is not a small "technicality".

I'm sure he's learned his lesson and is real sad. Now can we hire him? :lol:

**** we could hire a special assistant whose sole responsibility is keeping BP out of trouble. Would probably be a full time job, but that's OK.

Congratulations. You are sure to be as happy the next decade, as the last. Im with Sacky. I have no pride left with being affiliated with the University of Colorado.
Tad ****in Boyle. He killed a bear with his bare hands.

BP and Tressel aren't the only coaches out there that could make us winners.. we just have to find the right one for once.

Tad ****in Boyle. He killed a bear with his bare hands.

While I am glad we are having some success in basketball, I havent cared about bball for thirty years, and I dont intend to now. AD revenue is based on football, and football is king.

Herm Edwards. Like his fire and like the idea of a former pro coach that knows what he is doing. Seemed to work for USC a decade or so ago.

Now someone can point out why it didn't work for CU 3 decades ago.

Last edited:
HC: Jim Tressel
OC: Bobby Petrino
DC: Ron Zook
STC: Tim Brewster

With sprinkles and whipped cream on top.

Herm Edwards. Like his fire and like the idea of a former pro coach that knows what he is doing. Seemed to work for USC a decade or so ago.

Why would you limit it to CU or have to go back 3 decades? You would be hard pressed to find somebody besides Pete Carrol that had much success. Nick Saban doesnt count.

One of my key pieces of criteria is that if I have to google a candidate upon hearing their name then they cant have they job. This means that Justin Wilcox and Bob Diaco are out. Deal with it.

Why would you limit it to CU or have to go back 3 decades? You would be hard pressed to find somebody besides Pete Carrol that had much success. Nick Saban doesnt count.

Well, I only said that because I knew one of you knob-gobblers would bring it up.

Simple fact is a winner or even a loser can come from anywhere pretty much and comparing one person and their experience to another with a similar path doesn't mean you will get the same results. This is where a good interview process is key.

One of my key pieces of criteria is that if I have to google a candidate upon hearing their name then they cant have they job. This means that Justin Wilcox and Bob Diaco are out. Deal with it.

Wow. Just wow.

:lol:

While I am glad we are having some success in basketball, I havent cared about bball for thirty years, and I dont intend to now. AD revenue is based on football, and football is king.

When I was an undergrad in the mid 1980s, I went to every basketball game.....one of the few students. It is great to see basketball success. But goddammit, we need ****ing football success.

I haven't even looked at this thread. Who did we pick? When will he be coming aboard?

Not sure for certain, but Fairbanks had a great run down in Norman, and then jumped to the league (NE Pats). I guess he thot taking a step back would be an easier gig, and he then tried to changed a bunch of things (like going to powder blue uni's). He didn't work, and nothing he tried worked -- kinda goes hand in hand.

I still don't know why Crowder got rid of Bill Mallory.

Back