What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Whoah...UO's new football operations center

Don't take this wrong. The place is spectacular. I'm sure it blows recruits away. But, for me, the architecture seems pretty, I don't know, lacking in character. I mean, it looks like Nike Headquarters and kind of cold. Not that I'd bitch if it were ours mind you.

Don't take this wrong. The place is spectacular. I'm sure it blows recruits away. But, for me, the architecture seems pretty, I don't know, lacking in character. I mean, it looks like Nike Headquarters and kind of cold. Not that I'd bitch if it were ours mind you.

I would really bitch! CU architects can't come with anything better than that piece of eye irritant? You nailed it, its a copy of the craptastic Nike HQ but without the waffle iron.

Large ugly, grey buildings do not a program make. If they did, the Fuskers would win the MNC every friggin' year.......just on Stalinist Concrete memorials alone!

I would really bitch! CU architects can't come with anything better than that piece of eye irritant? You nailed it, its a copy of the craptastic Nike HQ but without the waffle iron.

Large ugly, grey buildings do not a program make. If they did, the Fuskers would win the MNC every friggin' year.......just on Stalinist Concrete memorials alone!
I would bitch if our architects put out renderings that looked like that in pre-design. I would be ecstatic if we were planning on doing something to that scale. But it's a one time chance. Don't blow it.

This does make recruiting though, the lifeblood of a program. And it makes it a highly attractive coaching job. Sure, you can recruit well and underachieve. Still have to prove it on the field. Helfrich may underachieve and not find success to the degree Kelly did. However, Oregon will be having their choice of blue chip talent for the next decade +. 99.9% of us would surely accept this if it was transported to CU. I would, however over the top and downright absurd it may be for amateur athletics.

Last edited:
DBT and Buffenuf, remember they are trying to impress teenagers here. They like shiny..

DBT and Buffenuf, remember they are trying to impress teenagers here. They like shiny..

Is huge, grey and sterile, the new "SHINY"?

OU could show some smidgen of taste, at least. Been on the Nike Campus, DBT is wright: OU almost a dead ringer. Buffenuf is wright: no waffle iron!

Is huge, grey and sterile, the new "SHINY"?

OU could show some smidgen of taste, at least. Been on the Nike Campus, DBT is wright: OU almost a dead ringer. Buffenuf is wright: no waffle iron!

But Tante is also right, the teenagers are going to eat this up hook, line and sinker.

Which parts of the Nike campus have you guys been to? It's not all the same and it's a pretty amazing place. Sour grapes is sour grapes.

Do kids these days care about hand woven rugs and Brazialian hardwood floors in the weightroom? Does OU stand for Overkill University?

Do kids these days care about hand woven rugs and Brazialian hardwood floors in the weightroom? Does OU stand for Overkill University?

They probably care about a University that takes their sport seriously enough to provide them and their coaches world class facilities.

If you're going to do something do it right.

Not saying we need these types of facilities, but I'd love to hear a little more of the above in Boulder when it comes to athletics.

If you're going to do something do it right.

Not saying we need these types of facilities, but I'd love to hear a little more of the above in Boulder when it comes to athletics.

That palace of football is nicer than the St. Julien. This is out of our reach.

Does it have nickname yet?

Back