What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why isn't CU and Chiv recruiting this QB?

mmm_bop

3sU6vTu.jpg

On the small side for a P5 program. Offers I could find were from the likes of Sacramento State. I'm sure CU knows about him.

If the player has an interest in Colorado, he can certainly get in contact with the staff. The best way is to fill out the recruit questionnaire found on CU Buffs website.
Coaches never tell us who they are recruiting or not, as it's a violation of NCAA rules to name prospective athletes before signing day.
Unless a written scholarship offer is made, or we see the player at a game (being treated as a recruit), or he schedules an official visit, or the athlete shares the info himself, it's hard to know.
Recruit questionnaire link here

We already have one.

Lytle plays in a lower division in SoCal and his team lost in the first round of CIF last Friday night. They are done.

Plus Meyer comes from good stock. His brother was 2005 Walton Payton award winner at Eastern Washington.

We already have one.

Lytle plays in a lower division in SoCal and his team lost in the first round of CIF last Friday night. They are done.

Plus Meyer comes from good stock. His brother was 2005 Walton Payton award winner at Eastern Washington.

Come on. It's cool that you like Meyer, but you lose a lot of credibility if you're going to be questioning the competition level in the Trinity League.

Is Moschetti still the HC there? I'm sure he will/did alert the staff if the kid has P5 potential.

Lower Division? Are you out of your mind?
Now you are just talking **** and making yourself look stupid.

That is incorrect. Lytle plays Division 1 and La Mirada is Division 3 football. Division 1 is the highest in California. Those are also that kids career stats. Pull up Lytle he threw for 2795 yards just this year in this Dvision. Buffzone has a great article I read yesterday coincidnetly. No comparison and a silly argument between the two. I cannot find a profile on any source other than the newspaper article.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/s-dztG...est-high-school-football-leagues-for-2016.htm

Last edited:
I like 145 attempts, 1 int to 32 TDs, with a 73% completion rate. However, as others have mentioned, CU got their QB early this cycle and were done at the position at that time.

Yes, if he goes to La Mirada, Chev and the staff know about him.
They have offered 2 kids from La Mirada already so they are aware. I'm sure he is a nice kid and a good QB. Its not like he's from a small town in Texas like Montez, so exposure is not an issue. I enjoy seeing RB, WR and QB stats then look at level of competition. It means something. The kid has good numbers though 145 attempts in a spread offense is not high. Did he share reps? . Just wonder why he is not highly sought after.

Last edited:
They have offered 2 kids from La Mirada already so they are aware. I'm sure he is a nice kid and a good QB. Its not like he's from a small town in Texas like Montez, so exposure is not an issue. I enjoy seeing RB, WR and QB stats then look at level of competition. It means something. The kid has good numbers though 145 attempts in a spread offense is not high. Did he share reps? . Just wonder why he is not highly sought after.
Others have said as much but physical tools and measureables come into play when D1 programs are looking at QBs. At 6'1" 185 (which might even be exaggerated), a lot of programs won't even look at him. Google Easton Bruere. That kid had insane stats with zero offers and wound up at some community college.

Well, Lytle goes to Servite, not Foothill, so not particularly relevant. "I dont understand why Colorado people think they know more about California CIF Southern Section football than those of us who live here." Maybe now you do

Still like Meyer's stats.
Theres a lot of QB's with good stats out there. Lack of offers, no video, no rivals, 247, Scout or ESPN profile. Really odd.

Just went to Max Preps to verify and pulled up D1 So Cal teams and stats. Lytle is the second highest D1 ranked QB behind the kid at Mater Dei. Only 18 teams qualified for D1 and LaMirada was not one of them. All of the Trinity schools were listed which says it all from a competition standpoint.

See attached photos of brackets. Can't compare level of comp.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 3.44.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 3.44.52 PM.png
    113 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 3.48.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 3.48.20 PM.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Possibly the first name Chev put in his coaching Rolodex when he started a decade ago was the man who is Meyer's head football coach. If this were a good fit there would be daily threads talking about Meyer and if we weren't currently leading for his signature there would also be daily threads calling for Mac's, Chev's, and Moschetti's firings. That high school is very visible to our staff because of the Buff connection.

Oh definitely pull it. Think they should hire Meyer to lead Buff recruiting Jan 1 at the Rose Bowl. Plug the LaMirada kid in and roll.

Back