What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why isn't CU and Chiv recruiting this QB?

Still like Meyer's stats.

Hey! What happened to your other, incredibly factually inaccurate post? The one that said Lytle went to a school he does not, in fact, go to? Where'd that one go? Did I miss the one where you acknowledged you were wrong and bad? Because that's the one I responded to.

Hey! What happened to your other, incredibly factually inaccurate post? The one that said Lytle went to a school he does not, in fact, go to? Where'd that one go? Did I miss the one where you acknowledged you were wrong and bad? Because that's the one I responded to.

This is a recruit thread. Please stay on topic and don't make this about you. Or your facts.

Probably a very good kid and from the stats a very good HS QB.

Also fair to say that he hasn't been overlooked by the college coaches. There are enough quality players in the league he plays in that even if they didn't come looking for him they saw him while watching others guys.

The college coaches have to have a more critical eye than we do as fans. Make mistakes on which QBs to take and they are suddenly coaching at some D2 school in the midwest. The difference between a high quality HS QB and a P5 QB can be to subtle for us as fans to see but the coaches are paid to see them. The fact that he isn't receiving P5 offers says that they see something. Might be size or something lacking in his arm. Doesn't mean they are right every time, look at the number of NFL QBs from smaller schools but they are right more often than not.

This doesn't mean he can't go on to a very successful career at a lower level school. If he truly believes that he belongs at the P5 level with his stats I'm sure he would have no problem finding a program that would welcome him as a preferred walk-on. CU currently has a couple of players with prominent roles on the team who are now under scholarship after walking on. A lot of other P5 schools do as well.

In terms of Lytle the P5 coaches like what they see. CU wasn't alone in going after him. As stated earlier those guys are paid to be right and unemployed if they are wrong. I'll trust their judgement until the evidence shows otherwise.

Back