What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why K-State is playing North Texas now

RSSBot

News Junkie
By David Ubben

The final week of the season is most often reserved for rivalry games against in-state rivals or teams that share a border. Oklahoma State and Oklahoma will play to decide the Big 12 South on Saturday. Texas must beat Texas A&M on Thursday to qualify for a bowl game. Kansas and Missouri will write the next chapter of the Border Showdown on Saturday. Nebraska will try to lock up the Big 12 North against Colorado at home on Friday.

Kansas State is playing its final game of the season at North Texas.

Huh?

I'll let Kansas State coach Bill Snyder explain:

"The game was on the schedule when I came back, and it was earlier in the season, and that put us at 12 consecutive weeks, and they met the request, which I appreciated a great deal," he said. "It was an opportunity to move the game back and give us a break during the middle of the season, because we had some Thursday ball games and a quick turnaround from a previous ball game."

Originally posted by ESPN.com - Big 12 Blog
Click here to view the article.

Back