What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will CU win 2 of the next 5 to become bowl eligible?

It was worthwile b/c CU played Alabama. If that would have been Ole Miss, Southern Miss, Miss St, Tulane, or any other lower tiered Southern School it would have been better to have taken a pass.

Clearly it was a waste of time for Bama to play a hopeless, pathetic Colorado program in that game. I mean, look at the ****ty season they're having... :rolleyes:

Basically, the Buffs simultaneously have no hope for the future, but are also above playing in minor bowl games? Nice theory.

Please go back to Netbuffs.com. And stay there. I have never heard such a loser attitude in a Buff fan before. 'Give up and quit so we can hit the weightroom.' 'Lose and quit so we can get stronger'

FIFY. Aside from that change... :congrats:

If it so all fired ****ing important to quit actually playing games and start doing weight and conditioning work (because coaches can't put those things in place AND coach a daily bowl practice :rolleyes:), why don't we just forfeit the rest of the season?? I mean, all that's left to play for is a bowl game that's clearly too ****ty for us to play in anyway, so let's just quit now, forfeit the rest of the season and get these guys hitting the weights. In fact, maybe we should just forfeit all of next season, too - really get the guys in shape.

Jesus ****, and Hawk thought the whiny bitches who wanted to take a summer break because they were working too hard were bad.... :rolleyes:

Maybe we should join the WAC, no wait BSU would dominate us. Maybe MWC.. no wait BYU would destroy us. Hmm, maybe MAC? Yeah, we may be able to beat Ball state.

I wonder if we will still get the same TV exposure and revenue or top recruits? I mean we are doing so crappy now, and we will never be a TU or OU so we should never expect anything more than annual trips to Shreveport.

F-in A!! I'm glad the rest of the CFB world outside of the Top 10 doesnt think that f-in way! This guy needs to go.

Dude, you think you are slapping us with reality and trying to lower our expectations? STFU, most of us are pretty reasonable and do have lower expectations then the height of the Mac years. It doenst mean though, that we do not have a chance at competing. CU will be a much bigger blip on the radar than KU or MU as I dont think thy will be able to sustain their success. knU will never return to 90s form so the biggest teams we need to worry about beating in order to have top success year in and year out are Tu and OU.

What a NOOB!!

It's called realism. Yes, for THIS year.
I don't think we'll beat Mizzou or OSU. Everyone else on the schedule is beatable (maybe even OSU).

I think a bowl game and bowl win would be great for CU this year. Others may disagree...

Who mentioned anything about the 'Buffs never being good or dominant again? With Hawkins at the helm I expect the 'Buffs to be competing for national championships, not Big 12 titles. Bohn and Hawkins are a great 1-2 punch that can go a long, long way.

He's not talking about this year. He's talking about every year going forward unless the Buffs tranform themselves into an SEC school (not likely to happen).

He's entitled to his pessimism. I just have difficulty understanding his motivation to be a fan. "I just love cheering for a team that will be losers or average at best".

If missery like that floats his boat that's fine. Maybe he could go to my next dental appointment for me.

Bowl practices do not help if the dynamics of the team are going to be different the following year!

You have no idea what you're talking about. None. You don't understand. Quit. Right now. Just quit. Your arguments are baseless.

'Practices don't help'. Oh sweet Jesus save me from the bad man. :rolleyes:

He's not talking about this year. He's talking about every year going forward unless the Buffs tranform themselves into an SEC school (not likely to happen).

He's entitled to his pessimism. I just have difficulty understanding his motivation to be a fan. "I just love cheering for a team that will be losers or average at best".

If missery like that floats his boat that's fine. Maybe he could go to my next dental appointment for me.

SJ Buff et all, what is it that all these Buff fans are doing every year? They're cheering for a team that's average at best. I just openly acknowledge that fact. It's like me being a Cincinnati Reds or Bengals fan. I just openly acknowledge that things aren't going to get any better because there isn't a culture in place to support it. It doesn't stop me for going to a sports bar when Ohio State, Kentucky, and Notre Dame are all playing at the same time and demanding that one of these tv's shows the Buffs! I've been doing it for years! It doesn't stop me traveling to different games every year. It's like having a child with a handicap: you hope for the best but you know the truth.

And for the rest of you my point still remains the same. Those extra fifteen practices (half of which will be spent game planning for some mediocre team)
do not help. I'd rather them do R&R, get surgeries taken care of earlier, start the weight program earlier, give full attention to studying tape and preparing offers to the class of 2010, and search for any prospects under the radar for class of 2009. The last two times that CU has been to a bowl, has there been marked improvement over the next season? NO! But it was worth playing Alabama. There is no value though if they end up in the Texas Bowl or The Insight Bowl.

And Junction, You use Alabama as an example? A school that just paid their coach 5 million a year plus use of a private jet to recruit as your example? A school that has the top notch facilities, a rabid if not fanatical fan base, and enough home grown talent to field two top 10 programs as an example? A school that will find a way to get you admitted into college even if you can't spell A-L-A-B-A-M-A! Really? Are you serious? But that's what CU's against in this new age of college football!

You have no idea what you're talking about. None. You don't understand. Quit. Right now. Just quit. Your arguments are baseless.

'Practices don't help'. Oh sweet Jesus save me from the bad man. :rolleyes:

Soooo every bowl game that the buffs have been in in this decade, they've shown definite improvement the following season? hmmmmmm

I'd say the year after they've had pretty bad seasons when they didn't go to a bowl have come off better. And there's a lot of evidence to prove just that!

SJ Buff et all, what is it that all these Buff fans are doing every year? They're cheering for a team that's average at best. I just openly acknowledge that fact. It's like me being a Cincinnati Reds or Bengals fan. I just openly acknowledge that things aren't going to get any better because there isn't a culture in place to support it. It doesn't stop me for going to a sports bar when Ohio State, Kentucky, and Notre Dame are all playing at the same time and demanding that one of these tv's shows the Buffs! I've been doing it for years! It doesn't stop me traveling to different games every year. It's like having a child with a handicap: you hope for the best but you know the truth.

And for the rest of you my point still remains the same. Those extra fifteen practices (half of which will be spent game planning for some mediocre team)
do not help. I'd rather them do R&R, get surgeries taken care of earlier, start the weight program earlier, give full attention to studying tape and preparing offers to the class of 2010, and search for any prospects under the radar for class of 2009. The last two times that CU has been to a bowl, has there been marked improvement over the next season? NO! But it was worth playing Alabama. There is no value though if they end up in the Texas Bowl or The Insight Bowl.

And Junction, You use Alabama as an example? A school that just paid their coach 5 million a year plus use of a private jet to recruit as your example? A school that has the top notch facilities, a rabid if not fanatical fan base, and enough home grown talent to field two top 10 programs as an example? A school that will find a way to get you admitted into college even if you can't spell A-L-A-B-A-M-A! Really? Are you serious? But that's what CU's against in this new age of college football!

And yet they were in the same bowl game we were last year. And a reasonably close outcome, as I recall. But we're incapable of competing with them.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

As a fan, you suck. Seriously suck. There are very, very few people I would ever say that about, but since you seem intent on hearing it, there you go... :thumbsup:

So is this the same message you tell your child? "Look life is full of wonderful things but most of them you will never get a chance of having so you should learn to be happy sitting in a corner. I'm just being realistic."

Just because there are difficult challenges in front of us doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to overcome them. This country wouldn't exist if our founding fathers didn't believe that.

We can still win even when the deck is stacked against us but first we have to believe that that is possible. Your "realistic" perspective is actually a disguised lack of support for the program's goals. Stop being a pussy, sack up and own that you don't support where the buffs want to go.

I'm not so sure that this newb is a Buff fan.

I think you're right.

What bothers me is that he brings up some valid points. Our goals would be much more easily and quickly achieved if we had the admin support, fan support, $, facilties, etc. that he mentions. We have some big gaps that hinder us. I just don't buy that it's impossible without them.

I'm not so sure that this newb is a Buff fan.

I'm wondering the same thing. The arguments being posed are without merit. The idea that we'd be better off WITHOUT the benefit of bowl practices is utterly absurd.

So is this the same message you tell your child? "Look life is full of wonderful things but most of them you will never get a chance of having so you should learn to be happy sitting in a corner. I'm just being realistic."

You don't tell your child any thing. You put them in positions where they can compete and surround them with support.

Just because there are difficult challenges in front of us doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to overcome them. This country wouldn't exist if our founding fathers didn't believe that.

Oh Brother :rolleyes:

We can still win even when the deck is stacked against us but first we have to believe that that is possible. Your "realistic" perspective is actually a disguised lack of support for the program's goals. Stop being a pussy, sack up and own that you don't support where the buffs want to go.

Uhhhhh....again redirect your attitude to the administration. Don't be mad at me for pointing out the obvious.

The Tampa Bay Rays will never be in the world series because the Yankees and the Red Socks spend more money and get the best players. Whoops.

That is what is great about being a fan there is always a chance. Yeah CU has been down for a few years...many schools would not overcome what CU went through. But now we have a great AD and a charismatic coach and forgive me for thinking the sky is the limit.

By the way it is spelt Kool-aid.

And yet they were in the same bowl game we were last year. And a reasonably close outcome, as I recall. But we're incapable of competing with them.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No...it was an utter ass kicking and then a falling asleep by Alabama. Similar to another crimson colored school that CU beat last year.

As a fan, you suck. Seriously suck. There are very, very few people I would ever say that about, but since you seem intent on hearing it, there you go... :thumbsup:

Funny

So, using your logic:

Boise state, who pays their coaches 1/4 of what OU pays theirs, and have 2 and 3 star recruits and players vs OU's 4 and 5 stars, and has a tiny fanbase compared to the Spooners, and has high school facilities compared to those in Norman should never, ever be able to compete let alone beat a mighty team like the Land Thieves?!

WTF? You can have all the money in the world, and all 5stars, and the best facilities, and while it certainly helps, still doesnt guarantee squat!! So, the other 110 teams that arent perennial powers should just give up and stop playing because they will NEVER win a Natl Championship right?

For that matter, all teams in all sports that do not have a large fanbase or havent won at least a couple of championships should simply stop trying. From now on we are only going to pick the "best" teams in every sport, pro and college, and have them compete with each other year in and year out. The rest of us "average at best" teams will only compete for the "Champions of Mediocrity Cup."

You have a ****ed up way at looking at the world.

No...it was an utter ass kicking and then a falling asleep by Alabama. Similar to another crimson colored school that CU beat last year.

So any success that we can ever possibly hope to enjoy will be the direct result of some other program falling on it's sword?

Go see a shrink. Life's too short to carry around that kind of negativity all the time. I used to work with people like you. They drove me nuts. "oh, life sucks, everybody is out to get me, I have no chance at success". What a load of crap.

I bet you're the kind of guy who gives up on things if they don't work immediately, the very first time. You wrap up your lifelong pessimism in the cloak of "realism", and then expect everybody else to have the same outlook as you have. What a horrible, miserable existence that must be. I'm actually starting to pity you.

[quote="Buff"ocrat]

Post after post of ****ing worthless ****.

[/quote]

**** this ****.

The Tampa Bay Rays will never be in the world series because the Yankees and the Red Socks spend more money and get the best players. Whoops.

That is what is great about being a fan there is always a chance. Yeah CU has been down for a few years...many schools would not overcome what CU went through. But now we have a great AD and a charismatic coach and forgive me for thinking the sky is the limit.

By the way it is spelt Kool-aid.

Wow. Not taking into account the 15 plus years it took for Tampa Bay to amass all that top draft pick talent. Great example!:rolleyes:

Dude...many schools don't have to go through what CU goes through and that's my point!

And that's great that the sky's the limit, but there is a limit when you have to go out of state to amass the majority of talent on your team and a small budget to work with.

Here's optimism: Cody's an awesome player and great representative of Colorado Football

Here's reality: Cody's too short and too slow to be ultimately success as the starting quarterback of the Colorado Buffaloes.

I doubt many of you had a problem dumping lil' hawk and look forward to when Hansen goes full time. Anyone want to argue that?

So any success that we can ever possibly hope to enjoy will be the direct result of some other program falling on it's sword?

Go see a shrink. Life's too short to carry around that kind of negativity all the time. I used to work with people like you. They drove me nuts. "oh, life sucks, everybody is out to get me, I have no chance at success". What a load of crap.

I bet you're the kind of guy who gives up on things if they don't work immediately, the very first time. You wrap up your lifelong pessimism in the cloak of "realism", and then expect everybody else to have the same outlook as you have. What a horrible, miserable existence that must be. I'm actually starting to pity you.

Thinking the same thing.

How many divorces do you think he's had before he decided to quit women altogether and become a full time internet pessimist? :wow:

Wow. Not taking into account the 15 plus years it took for Tampa Bay to amass all that top draft pick talent. Great example!:rolleyes:

Dude...many schools don't have to go through what CU goes through and that's my point!

And that's great that the sky's the limit, but there is a limit when you have to go out of state to amass the majority of talent on your team and a small budget to work with.

Here's optimism: Cody's an awesome player and great representative of Colorado Football

Here's reality: Cody's too short and too slow to be ultimately success as the starting quarterback of the Colorado Buffaloes.

I doubt many of you had a problem dumping lil' hawk and look forward to when Hansen goes full time. Anyone want to argue that?

Realistically, you're the kind of fan that every team can do without.

If it's all the same, please go not support some other team. Thanks

So again, what chance do we really have? Is it really going to matter if the players get some extra rest and the coaches get some more time to focus on recruiting?

You have made it perfectly clear CU really doesn't have a chance anyway, so why we would be turning down bowl games? You cannot have it both ways douchebag.

Here's the thing. I'm just talking football and just being straight up about it. Nothing personally directed at anyone. I'm starting to see that these replies are getting just a tad more emotional about things. And what's funny is is that I'm having a side personal convo with another member of this board about the Buffs chances in the Missouri game and we're going over X's and O's. My emotions don't come out until saturdays.

Now to the whole it's not the Buffs winning but the other team losing...the Alabama and OU games were just that. Luck. You know when a team is beating a team, and when a team is lucking out. When CU played TTech the Buffs whipped ass. TWheat and Dizon had phenomenal games. Against Kansas last year...the Buffs LOST that game. Kansas did not win that game, they lucked out. Against Iowa State, The Buffs LOST that game. Iowa State didn't win that, they lucked out. And how do I know a lot of you thought the same? B/C you expected CU to beat KU and you expect CU to beat Iowa state this year.

So again, what chance do we really have? Is it really going to matter if the players get some extra rest and the coaches get some more time to focus on recruiting?

You have made it perfectly clear CU really doesn't have a chance anyway, so why we would be turning down bowl games? You cannot have it both ways douchebag.

Look, CU is never going to be a perennial top 10 team again. And that was the initial point DOUCHEBAG. Too many things at work against them. That doesn't mean that I won't support and that I don't hope for success. They can be a perennial top 25. But they will be playing second fiddle to those two schools in the big 12 south for a very long time.

So emotional :lol:

Thinking the same thing.

How many divorces do you think he's had before he decided to quit women altogether and become a full time internet pessimist? :wow:

Don't have any problems with women. I tell them the truth about my intentions and they either choose to get involved or not.

Nothing pessimistic about my demeanor. You just don't like what I'm saying because it involves your favorite team.

Back