What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will Shedeur stay for senior year?

Will our awesome QB stay with pops for his senior year?

• yes he will stay

Votes: 62 66.0%
  • no, he will go to draft

Votes: 32 34.0%

• Total voters
LOL look at my signature. Funny how that panned out. Yah, I have not logged on here in a long time!!!

Shedeur needs to keep working on his footwork. I had a co-worker whose daughter married a former CSU QB who was on a NFL team. I heard from that co-worker how important footwork is for the QB position.

He's not ready for the NFL at this point.

Shedeur needs to keep working on his footwork. I had a co-worker whose daughter married a former CSU QB who was on a NFL team. I heard from that co-worker how important footwork is for the QB position.

Fuck Outta Here No Way GIF by Desus & Mero

A lot may depend on who is in position to draft him.

He looks like a pro QB to me, a very high first rounder.

His dad knows how the league works, he has seen guys go to the right situations and the wrong situations, he knows which organizations do well by their players and which don't.

Unlike a lot of guys coming out of college going pro isn't going to be "life-changing" money. He is making solid money on his NIL and his dad makes millions, he isn't making a decision that will impact how the rest of his family lives.

I can easily see him staying to help his dad accomplish what he came here for. At the same time if it looks like he has a chance to go to a team that is a quality fit and his dad respects then I can see his dad telling him to go.

It’s depends on projected draft slot. I suspect Prime is going to be like Saban in helping CU players navigate this, including his son.

You see the drills he did after the rest of the team left the field? He works hard.

You see the drills he did after the rest of the team left the field? He works hard.

We have seen Jeudy do his position workouts…how is that helped him in real games? After the TCU game, I thought he might be one & done but after the Nubs game, it’s clear he needs two years in Boulder.

I feel like there are definitely things that Shedeur needs to work on to be pro ready. His arm, touch, and ability to read defenses are all there. His pocket awareness and his decision making in terms of when to get rid of the ball need work. He takes a lot of unnecessary sacks. Which is not a suggestion to run more, he's more pro-ready than others when it comes to being pass-first. But he needs to learn when to get rid of the ball, if for no other reason than to avoid hits. I really worry that this is going to become a bigger problem when we hit conference play and we're playing Oregon, Oregon State, and Utah.

I feel like there are definitely things that Shedeur needs to work on to be pro ready. His arm, touch, and ability to read defenses are all there. His pocket awareness and his decision making in terms of when to get rid of the ball need work. He takes a lot of unnecessary sacks. Which is not a suggestion to run more, he's more pro-ready than others when it comes to being pass-first. But he needs to learn when to get rid of the ball, if for no other reason than to avoid hits. I really worry that this is going to become a bigger problem when we hit conference play and we're playing Oregon, Oregon State, and Utah.
I am slightly concerned that he takes some bad sacks to preserve his completion percentage. Maybe I’m being too cynical, but there have been a few times he’s held the ball way too long or even scrambled around only to run out of bounds for a 2 yard loss rather than throwing the ball away.

That's how I see things too. There was one instance where SS2 could have thrown the ball away instead of stepping out of bounds for what looked like a two yard loss or something. Maybe things still need to slow down for SS2 but that is something a college football QB at any level with that much experience shouldn't be doing.

I am slightly concerned that he takes some bad sacks to preserve his completion percentage. Maybe I’m being too cynical, but there have been a few times he’s held the ball way too long or even scrambled around only to run out of bounds for a 2 yard loss rather than throwing the ball away.

I'm seeing what you are seeing too.

His reads were not great in the 1st half. He appeared to stare down recievers a couple times (short gain). He didnt sense pressure coming a few times. Didnt see lanes he could run into when everyone was covered. He took longer harder sacks for a loss that were unnecessary. More experience playing high level CFB probably fixes a lot of that for him. He has the gift dont get me wrong.

If NU had a better offense to with their good defense this game might have been different.

Footwork is one of the things that kept me out of the draft as a qb...along with size, foot speed, arm strength and accuracy.

His reads were not great in the 1st half. He appeared to stare down recievers a couple times (short gain). He didnt sense pressure coming a few times. Didnt see lanes he could run into when everyone was covered. He took longer harder sacks for a loss that were unnecessary. More experience playing high level CFB probably fixes a lot of that for him. He has the gift dont get me wrong.

If NU had a better offense to with their good defense this game might have been different.
P5 team with tape made adjustments
He will stay no matter what to help his dad try and win a Natty

If he moves up to a top 5 pick, I think he goes, otherwise he stays and is the #1 draft choice in 2025. Hunter should be a top 15 pick in the draft, have to think he goes.
Hunter is not eligible yet, Shedeur will stay, just like Williams did, he makes just as much from NIL as a rookie, and playing another year for his dad with the goal of winning a Natty is too special to pass up

Back