What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wilner contrasts CU & UCLA - ranks vs results

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
This is allsome!

Love this part:

Now, let’s continue the discussion with the team at the other end of the spectrum: Colorado.

The Buffaloes won the South last season with a roster of five recruiting classes that ranked, ahem, 8th, 12th, 10th, 12th and 12th in the conference.

The ’13 class warrants more than a passing mention. It was the first group signed by Mike MacIntyre, who was hired two months prior, and deemed not only the worst in the conference but also No. 66th nationally.

Yet it produced eight all-conference/honorable mention selection: Tedric Thompson Chidobe Awuzie, Kenneth Olugbode, Jimmie Gilbert, Bryce Bobo, Sefo Liufau, Devin Ross and Phillip Lindsay.

That’s right: A 21-player class that produced eight honors winners –that’s 38 percent of the signees — was ranked dead last in the conference.

Imprecise rankings?
Shrewd evaluating?
Effective coaching?
Good fortune?

How about all four.

As you assess the results of signing day, please keep the Buffaloes in mind.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/...-2017-national-signing-day-anti-anxiety-post/

How many of these kids were Embree's recruits?

From the 8 listed? Bobo, Sefo and Ross, iirc, gave their original verbals to Embree. Gilbert, too, I think. He was late, though, and he may have been recruited/found by Embree's staff but committed after the coaching change.

From the 8 listed? Bobo, Sefo and Ross, iirc, gave their original verbals to Embree. Gilbert, too, I think. He was late, though, and he may have been recruited/found by Embree's staff but committed after the coaching change.
Jimmy Gilbert committed 11/13 which was about 2 weeks before Embree was fired.

Then maybe we should credit Mac and Co for being able to keep him on board.
The question was who on the list was an Embree recruit, I'm just answering a simple question. Relax.

I swear, it's like you have some hyper sensitivity anytime you detect a post might contain even the slightest criticism of Mac (this wasn't). Mac doesn't need you defending him in every thread.

Lindsay, I believe, was the 1st recruit of that class.

I'm pretty sure that Lindsay was coming to CU regardless of the coach.

Spoon was also a 2 star discovered by MM. MacIntyre does have a proven knack for discovering hidden gems in the D backfield.

I hope this trend continues because Isaiah Oliver, Kevin George, Ryan Moeller, Afo Laguda, Kyle Trego, Jaisen Sanchez, Evan White, and Isaiah Lewis were all less than consensus 3 star players coming out of HS.

****ing wilner... Forgot to give us credit for getting Embree fired in the first place...****in Hack

Not an exact science. It is difficult to predict what an 18 year old would look like when they are grown men. I don't believe in the star rating system, never did, never will. My evaluation is simple.

1. Good student
2. Good Character
3. Hard worker
4. Good physical shape. Don't really like overweight 18 year old's, especially on the OL.
5. Multi sport athlete is a plus
6. A player that can play multiple positions is a plus.
7, Plays in a competitive league.
8. Good film

Back