What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WLAX Game thread: #9 CU at #6 Penn State

Is it time to start talking about it?

Are we? Could we be?...the BEST team in the country? I think we have to be in the conversation after this win!!

Found the box score (FINALLY some details!) - http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/w-lacros/stats/2016-2017/colopsu.html

A few highlights-
1) Defensively, looks like another GREAT performance by goalie Paige Soenksen (I assume ably supported by the whole defensive group), as she's showing with 16 saves vs. the 11 goals allowed. (Per the Penn State pre-game article, Ms. Soenksen was leading the nation going into this game with a .605 save %, so the .5925 this game, against I assume some of the best shooters the Buffs have faced so far this season, is obviously impressive.)

2) Offensively, the stat leader is sophomore Miranda Stinson. Per a tweet just made-

Darby Kiernan also contributed big with 4 goals and an assist, while Katie Macleay had a couple goals and assists.

WOW! Just WOW. What a tremendous start to the season. They have proven themselves repeatedly, thus far, but obviously this is the biggest win (to date) in program history.

Is it time to start thinking about upgrades to the LAX facilities? They play at Kittredge, on what is basically the same field I used to play intramural flag football.

Rough, tough, and 100% Buff!
Great coming out party this year.
No telling how high the ceiling is for this team and this program.

Woot!

Is it time to start thinking about upgrades to the LAX facilities? They play at Kittredge, on what is basically the same field I used to play intramural flag football.

Time to re-do the Kittredge housing anyway. So when that gets done at the pond, do a field sports complex.

I think there's room for a main stadium that could seat 8-12k with practice fields situated next to it.

Move WSOC there, too. Down the road as we add sports, MSOC, WRUG and MLAX would all play there. Would also serve as a great tailgate area for football Saturdays.

Back