What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Would an Automatic Bid for the Mnt West Impact CU?

Maybe if they were at Hughes. I give you no shot at Ames or Manhattan.

My opinion - Iowa State is a win home or away. That program is in the tank. KSU on the road? Definitely more difficult, but a win is not out of the question by any stretch.

Last edited:
Come on now, they always babble how they would win the "weak" north.

I never said one word about "winning" the North. If you are going to characterize what I say the least you could do is to be accurate. I said 2 conference wins.

Last edited:
Maybe if they were at Hughes. I give you no shot at Ames or Manhattan.

:nod:...that's the key....CSU doesn't understand what it's like to play on the road in the Big 12 or in any big conference....there are no 18,000 seat stadiums that you can hear yourself think in

:nod:...that's the key....CSU doesn't understand what it's like to play on the road in the Big 12 or in any big conference....there are no 18,000 seat stadiums that you can hear yourself think in

Or in front of 65,000 at BYU as they will this season - but hey why let the facts get in the way of a good story. Right?

Or in front of 65,000 at BYU as they will this season - but hey why let the facts get in the way of a good story. Right?

Now play in a stadium like that every week....there are no "bye" weeks in the Big 12, especially on the road...take Ames in the winter with the wind blowing worse than about anywhere in the US (as it always is), and no matter how bad they are it will be a struggle

CSU would take Iowa State as well. Likely 2 conference wins last season.

For whatever reason, Hawkins struggles on the road in the North. I'd expect CSU would split that series, too. Depends on where the game is played. ISU can be tough to beat in Ames (i.e., when Clete Blakeman is officiating or tornados are circling the stadium.:sad1:). KState and Josh Freeman would have given CSU's defense a challenge, too. I bet CSU would have beat Aggie, though.

I do agree with you that CSU would be interchangable with ISU & KSU, and I'd rally around any initiative to make that happen.

Now play in a stadium like that every week....there are no "bye" weeks in the Big 12, especially on the road...take Ames in the winter with the wind blowing worse than about anywhere in the US (as it always is), and no matter how bad they are it will be a struggle

We are talking about the same Iowa State team that lost to UNLV last season right?

Cough*Baylor*cough.

You can definately hear yourself think in Waco, mostly about how annoying the fart waggon is after Baylor scores. Ah-oooga!

Baylor's stadium has a capacity of over 40K if they took the tarp off the South endzones. But the tarp is there to mask the shortage of fans. You can hear crickets in that stadium.

Last edited by a moderator:
My opinion - Iowa State is a win home or away. That program is in the tank. KSU on the road? Definitely more difficult, but a win is not out of the question by any stretch.

I think you have an over inflated sense of how good csu is. The only common game we can go by is CU beat csu by 21 on a neutral field. CU was a very pedestrian B12 team last year. Both KSU and ISU gave CU better games.

I do agree with you that CSU would be interchangable with ISU & KSU, and I'd rally around any initiative to make that happen.

As would I. Colorado State in place of Iowa State would create more natural rivalries in the conference in my opinion.

But as you alluded to before CSU alumni and fans would need to step up to the plate in terms of investment and Hughes would have to be dramatically expanded, which there is room to do. But I also think if you brought in a rotation of Nebraska, KU, KSU, CU and MU to Hughes stadium every year you would see more sell outs than not.

Well CSU would likely be as competitive or more competitive than Iowa State and Kansas State have been the last couple of years and look to be this season.

Your kidding yourself if you don't think BYU could compete in the Pac-10. They certainly aren't going to be challenging USC anytime soon, but no program in that conference has competed with them since Carrol arrived.

Utah in the SEC? Sure they'd struggle. As would any University that was playing in a conference with no regional affiliation or consistent access to southern recruiting pipelines.

WTF are you talking about. BYU in the Pac-10? They would be the doormat. Did you not watch the BYU-UW game? The one where 0-12 team should have beat them but had a TD called back...??? And where they got stomped by a middle of the pack Arizona team in their bowl game. LMAO

I think you have an over inflated sense of how good csu is. The only common game we can go by is CU beat csu by 21 on a neutral field. CU was a very pedestrian B12 team last year. Both KSU and ISU gave CU better games.

It was also Fairchild's first game on the field. Not using that as an excuse or saying we would have won that game, but I think the team improved as the year wore on. Hawkins went through a very similar pattern in his first season at CU as well.

As would I. Colorado State in place of Iowa State would create more natural rivalries in the conference in my opinion.

But as you alluded to before CSU alumni and fans would need to step up to the plate in terms of investment and Hughes would have to be dramatically expanded, which there is room to do. But I also think if you brought in a rotation of Nebraska, KU, KSU, CU and MU to Hughes stadium every year you would see more sell outs than not.

Iowa St has 2X as many season ticket holders as your average attendance last year... I like a nice CU-CSU flame war...invite some of your bodies so we can annihilate you. Being a BCS team wouldn't magically make thousands of fans flock to your stadium, or any other MWC team for that matter

I for one appreciate C squared, and hope he sticks around for the long run. He's as unemotional as we can hope a (rival?) fan to be, and he fronts some interesting arguements.

Also, the bolded line in the quote above made me laugh.

Iowa St has 2X as many season ticket holders as your average attendance last year... I like a nice CU-CSU flame war...invite some of your bodies so we can annihilate you. Being a BCS team wouldn't magically make thousands of fans flock to your stadium, or any other MWC team for that matter

I think you would see season ticket sales improve dramatically if CSU was bringing in Big 12 North schools to Hughes every year.

I think where we're not on the same page is that you're looking at things simply as they stand on paper...Yes, on paper Iowa State is terrible and "should" be a win home or away...

BUT...things don't unfold as black & white in the Big 12...there are a ton of intangibles including going through the grind and wear down of playing week in and week out in a tough conference, every home team having an advantage including weather, crowd etc...as much as I wish I could mark off a gurantee victory like CSU can before they play teams like San Diego State etc., I can't do that for the Buffs

I think you would see season ticket sales improve dramatically if CSU was bringing in Big 12 North schools to Hughes every year.

Ok...that's great but you're not joining the Big XII not matter how long you dream. Come on, the Big XII wouldn't replace a mediocre Iowa State team with an even mediocre team. Iowa State has better facilities, much much better fan support, and has proven they can compete in the Big XII North. You can argue that if given the chance to join a BCS conference, CSU would improve in all the aspects above...but then what's the point in making the switch. TCU would be much more attractive than CSU anyway. Why would the Big XII, one of the top 2 conferences in the nation add a middle of the pack MWC team:confused::lol:

CC-why didn't you comment on my reply re: BYU????

Last edited:

I am not 100% sold on that idea either...I do know a ton of CSU fans/alumns, including my brother, but every one of them would only drive up to Ft. Collins if CU were playing them...granted I can't speak for the entire alumni base as much as you might, but it seems to me that they would have a trouble getting their Denver base to come up to Ft. Fun for a game no matter who is playing?? I'd be interested to hear your take on the type of fan base you have?

Really, I think only more seats would be sold because of how well teams like Nebraska & Kansas would travel to that game in Hughes

It was also Fairchild's first game on the field. Not using that as an excuse or saying we would have won that game, but I think the team improved as the year wore on. Hawkins went through a very similar pattern in his first season at CU as well.

Improved or played in the MWC?

Wins over Cal St-Sac, Houston, UNLV, SDSU, NM, WYO and FSU is not exactly all that impressive. Combined record of 36-50

Ok...that's great but you're not joining the Big XII not matter how long you dream. Come on, the Big XII wouldn't replace a mediocre Iowa State team with an even mediocre team. Iowa State has better facilities, much much better fan support, and has proven they can compete in the Big XII North. You can argue that if given the chance to join a BCS conference, CSU would improve in all the aspects above...but then what's the point in making the switch. TCU would be much more attractive than CSU anyway. Why would the Big XII, one of the top 2 conferences in the nation add a middle of the pack MWC team:confused::lol:

CC-why didn't you comment on my reply re: BYU????

Just having trouble keeping up here. I am one opposing fan in a sea of black and gold.

Agreed. BYU may have struggled last season in the Pac-10. But over the long haul, with that programs facilities and fan base, I think they would be competitive.

I'm not so sure about that. Bringing B12 opponents into Hughes wouldn't make that drive up I-25 any shorter.

If CSU is serious about being a BCS school, they should move to Denver permanently to be closer to their fan base.

Improved or played in the MWC?

Wins over Cal St-Sac, Houston, UNLV, SDSU, NM, WYO and FSU is not exactly all that impressive. Combined record of 36-50

Classic stat. 3 of those teams were bad enough to have their coach fired. Come on Community College boy, you're gonna have to bring more than that. Invite your friends

I do want to commend CC for sticking it out here. He's come in here with out the typical flame bait that most csu fans spit and has been very level headed. Stick around CC, you'll enjoy it and we could use a level headed csu fan. I think we only have one regular csu fan and he's more of a fusker fan than rammie fan.

I'm not so sure about that. Bringing B12 opponents into Hughes wouldn't make that drive up I-25 any shorter.

If CSU is serious about being a BCS school, they should move to Denver permanently to be closer to their fan base.

Definitely some truth to that. I have never understood why CSU doesn't try and leverage Mile High more often especially if CU wants to make the RMS a home and home affair. CSU should still try and get a game down there every other year. Do a home and home with Nebraska and play that game at Mile High. NU fans would pack that stadium and CSU has always drawn a pretty strong crowd there.

I do want to commend CC for sticking it out here. He's come in here with out the typical flame bait that most csu fans spit and has been very level headed. Stick around CC, you'll enjoy it and we could use a level headed csu fan. I think we only have one regular csu fan and he's more of a fusker fan than rammie fan.

:yeahthat:....the level headed being the key, since everytime I try to discuss football with my CSU brother & his friends it turns into a "**** cu" deal in about 5 seconds :lol:

Definitely some truth to that. I have never understood why CSU doesn't try and leverage Mile High more often especially if CU wants to make the RMS a home and home affair. CSU should still try and get a game down there every other year. Do a home and home with Nebraska and play that game at Mile High. NU fans would pack that stadium and CSU has always drawn a pretty strong crowd there.

That would basically be a fusker home game. 70/30 red vs. green. It makes me sick how much red has infested this state.

Much appreciated. My goal here is not to flame the board. I hate when opposing fans do it to CSU boards that I post on.

:yeahthat:....the level headed being the key, since everytime I try to discuss football with my CSU brother & his friends it turns into a "**** cu" deal in about 5 seconds :lol:

This. I've seen a picture of a CSU conference game where rammies painted their bodies with F*** CSU. Classic... There's no hopes for CSU scheduling Nebraska...Nebraska only schedules DI-AA teams in non-conf

Back