What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Would an Automatic Bid for the Mnt West Impact CU?

That would basically be a fusker home game. 70/30 red vs. green. It makes me sick how much red has infested this state.

NU would definitely pack that stadium, but CSU would reap the benefits of the exposure in the Denver market as well as the sales reciepts. It's time the program starts thinking out of the box a little bit and quit complaining that we don't draw enough revenue. My two cents anyway.

NU would definitely pack that stadium, but CSU would reap the benefits of the exposure in the Denver market as well as the sales reciepts. It's time the program starts thinking out of the box a little bit and quit complaining that we don't draw enough revenue. My two cents anyway.

The fuskers would also be getting a pretty penny to make a series like that work. No matter, it'd be way more money in csu's pocket than playing a game at hughes.

Definitely some truth to that. I have never understood why CSU doesn't try and leverage Mile High more often especially if CU wants to make the RMS a home and home affair. CSU should still try and get a game down there every other year. Do a home and home with Nebraska and play that game at Mile High. NU fans would pack that stadium and CSU has always drawn a pretty strong crowd there.

If CSU merged with Metro State and/or DU and moved it's FB program to Denver. And IF by doing this, the New CSU were to get 50K + people in Invesco each home game CSU would be big brother.

And if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

It was good planning by CU to have CUD and the Health Center in Denver to shore up and bolster metro Denver support for the Buffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fuskers would also be getting a pretty penny to make a series like that work. No matter, it'd be way more money in csu's pocket than playing a game at hughes.

Exactly, I agree that CSU to the Big12 is a pipe dream. It's just not going to happen. But there is no reason that we shouldn't be trying to leverage the entire Big 12 North due to the proximity of location. Bring KSU, KU, or ISU into Mile High. Try to lure in NU if possible. All of those Universities have a presence in the Denver Metro area or are close enough "road" games to draw fans.

Alternatively, do something like the University of Illinois has done in the past, playing their spring game in Chicago because of the recruiting ties and alumni presence there. CSU could take their spring game to Denver to try and shore up preseason support with the alumni here. Not saying it would work and draw a huge crowd, but it's certainly worth a shot.

Last edited:
Exactly, I agree that CSU to the Big12 is a pipe dream. It's just not going to happen. But there is no reason that we shouldn't be trying to leverage the entire Big 12 North due to the proximity of location. Bring KSU, KU, or ISU into Mile High. Try to lure in NU if possible. All of those Universities have a presence in the Denver Metro area or are close enough "road" games to draw fans. It's time CSU starts getting creative.

Last time CSU got "creative" the meep was born--half man half sheep and the religious types got all uppity.

:hijacked: So when does this discussion melt down into the annual CU to the PAC 10 discussion? :smile2:

Alternatively, do something like the University of Illinois has done in the past, playing their spring game in Chicago because of the recruiting ties and alumni presence there. CSU could take their spring game to Denver to try and shore up preseason support with the alumni here. Not saying it would work and draw a huge crowd, but it's certainly worth a shot.

But the University of Illinois has UIC which has 25,000 students.

I couldn't disagree more. In fact, I think there is a strong argument to be made that CU would have won the MWC conference only one time (2001) since the inception of the conference 10 years ago.

1999 - CU 7-5 Overall (Lost to CSU/CSU Thee Way Tie for MWC Champ.)
2000 - CU 3-8 Overall (Lost to CSU/CSU MWC Champion)
2001 - CU 10-3 Overall (BYU 12-0 Conference Record)
2002 - CU 9-5 Overall (Lost to CSU/CSU MWC Champion)
2003 - CU 5-7 Overall (Utah 10-2 Overall)
2004 - CU 8-4 Overall (Utah 12-0/BCS Win)
2005 - CU 7-6 Overall (TCU 11-1 Overall)
2006 - CU 2-10 Overall (BYU 10-2 Overall)
2007 - CU 6-7 Overall (BYU 10-2 Overall)
2008 - CU 5-7 Overall (Utah 13-0 Overall/BCS Win)

did cu and byu/tcu/utah play the same schedule? last i checked, cu was having to play some highly ranked and some highly competitive teams year in and year out - that was not a liability for your conference, was it? how do you think they would fare with a b12 schedule?

I love how ram fans never include the big 12 south in their big 12 discussions.

because they would be annhiliated. when the mwc can put on the plate what the b12 south has to play year in and year out, and thrive, then they are worthy of a bcs autobid. basically, that is what the bcs autobid in the b12 has come to: the south champion. they do not award another for the north champion, therefore any argument that a conference needs an autobid because they *might* hang with the north champion is moot. the north does not get their own autobid, do they?

why does the MWC need a handout autobid for putting up less?

Definitely some truth to that. I have never understood why CSU doesn't try and leverage Mile High more often especially if CU wants to make the RMS a home and home affair. CSU should still try and get a game down there every other year. Do a home and home with Nebraska and play that game at Mile High. NU fans would pack that stadium and CSU has always drawn a pretty strong crowd there.

keep dreaming. the big red hoarde stands to make more money playing cupcakes in lincoln. that is the way it has been, and that is the way it will be. they would find it far beneath them to agree to such a setup. of course, if you want a home and homes with them, they would maybe listen. 2 in lincoln, and you can have your one at invesco if that is your wish.

Last edited:
Back