What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Would you want to play Nebraska every year?

Play the Nubs in a yearly rivalry game?

• No. Never play them.

• No. A series ever few years is good.

• Yes. September as a home/away.

• Yes. September at neutral site like UGA-UF do.

• Yes. Thanksgiving home/away.

• Yes. Thanksgiving neutral.

• Fvck you.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah, I almost said “and I’m being generous including FSU/UF and UGA/UF”. Neither of those are appointment television for CFB fans West of the Mississippi. The other three typically are.

TV obviously knows this though, which is why they have basically shifted to collecting as many “big games” as possible. Oregon vs Penn State is a great matchup that’s going to have national appeal. Same with USC vs Michigan and Washington vs Ohio State, etc. Same goes for Texas vs Georgia or Oklahoma vs Alabama.

There's actually very few rivalry games that are must see TV for me unless at least one team is ranked. Which is basically every time with UM/OSU, UT/OU, and Alabama/Auburn.

I guess I'm an old fashioned regional guy, because the rivalry games I will watch no matter what are Bedlam, the Holy War, and the Civil War. Part of that though is that I know how much hate goes into those games. Maybe not the players anymore, but the fans HATE each other.

I could only imagine what Bedlam and especially the Civil War are going to be like with big brother heading off to greener pastures.

Posted for reference:

1698948439471.png

I get the need for rivalries and that is what brought me to CU football in addition to living in Boulder at the time.

You guys should be loving the 2024 home schedule: Utah, Baylor, OSU, and KSU for that rivalry feeling. Cincinnati would just be another conference game but I'm looking forward to the 2026 trip to Nippert Stadium. UA, TT, and KU are road games at schools that I'd want to beat and I still hate Kansas in any sport due to basketball just like hating Nebraska in every sport due to football. UCF is for recruiting purposes.

For 2025, I'm liking the home conference schedule because we host both AZ schools plus BYU and ISU always played the Buffs tough. The games at UH & TCU would be for recruiting purposes and I don't think you should overlook Utah & WVU in that regard but at the same time, I want to beat Utah because their fans threw a hissy fit about being forced into the Big 12. I would say the same thing about playing at KSU...you can't spell suck without KSU.

For 2026, you got a trip to Texas (Baylor), AZ (ASU), OSU (OK could be considered an extension of TX in some ways), and OH (UC). Still good recruiting trips. As for the home games, Utah can die in a big flaming pile of turd, TT will understand what altitude means after the game, KSU sucks, and hope we get UH & UCF in November.

As for 2027, ASU & KSU are home games I'd look forward to plus we owe TCU a whipping in Boulder and we will show WVU that their mountains are hills compared to the Rocky Mountains. Going to AZ (UA), UT (BYU), TX (UH), and UCF (FL) would be good for recruiting. It'd be great to get an early season game in Ames for once.

Having those three on and one off games could be good for building new rivalries. Losing a close game due to a controversial call or hit and having to wait two years for revenge could do the trick for the Utah game. If a new rival emerges for CU, we could expect that rival to be on our schedule every year going forward.

K State troll job

Pfft, we had snow for our spring game and it looked like this:
IMG_6292-1024x768.jpeg

Posted for reference:

View attachment 66692

I get the need for rivalries and that is what brought me to CU football in addition to living in Boulder at the time.

You guys should be loving the 2024 home schedule: Utah, Baylor, OSU, and KSU for that rivalry feeling. Cincinnati would just be another conference game but I'm looking forward to the 2026 trip to Nippert Stadium. UA, TT, and KU are road games at schools that I'd want to beat and I still hate Kansas in any sport due to basketball just like hating Nebraska in every sport due to football. UCF is for recruiting purposes.

For 2025, I'm liking the home conference schedule because we host both AZ schools plus BYU and ISU always played the Buffs tough. The games at UH & TCU would be for recruiting purposes and I don't think you should overlook Utah & WVU in that regard but at the same time, I want to beat Utah because their fans threw a hissy fit about being forced into the Big 12. I would say the same thing about playing at KSU...you can't spell suck without KSU.

For 2026, you got a trip to Texas (Baylor), AZ (ASU), OSU (OK could be considered an extension of TX in some ways), and OH (UC). Still good recruiting trips. As for the home games, Utah can die in a big flaming pile of turd, TT will understand what altitude means after the game, KSU sucks, and hope we get UH & UCF in November.

As for 2027, ASU & KSU are home games I'd look forward to plus we owe TCU a whipping in Boulder and we will show WVU that their mountains are hills compared to the Rocky Mountains. Going to AZ (UA), UT (BYU), TX (UH), and UCF (FL) would be good for recruiting. It'd be great to get an early season game in Ames for once.

Having those three on and one off games could be good for building new rivalries. Losing a close game due to a controversial call or hit and having to wait two years for revenge could do the trick for the Utah game. If a new rival emerges for CU, we could expect that rival to be on our schedule every year going forward.
So no permanent opponent? That’s crazy.

Playing Nebraska once every 3 years would be fine with me but not more often than that. Since NU has been bad for quite a while the game doesn't hold much more football interest for me than playing CSU does TBH. The CU/NU rivalry was real back in the day when both teams were in the same conference and when both teams were really good, year in and year out. It can be called a rivalry now I suppose, but it's nostalgia. And nostalgia is lame. It's kind of a meh topic. Flame away....

I have lived in Denver and lived in Lincoln (sadly) and playing Nebraska in today’s environment has less meaning, less value, and less thrill than it did in the 80’s and 90’s. Playing a home and home every 5 to 10 years is just fine to rekindle the hate. We got places to go and are focused on a National Championship and I would rather play Michigan than Nebraska for National exposure, and even would rather get Oregon or Washington scheduled ahead of the Nubs.

The Nebraska game next year would be the most watched game of CU’s season and one that’s on national TV in a premier time slot.

CU needs this game without USC, Oregon, Washington or UCLA on the schedule going forward.

yes, every year.

1. CU vs NU draws well even when neither team is good
2. it gets strong TV ratings, even when neither team is good
3. part of the CFB experience is rivalries. this is the best we have going now, especially with the XII leaving us on an island
4. if/when the B1G expands again, I think having a strong rivalry with one of their members can only help our chances of getting in

yes, every year.

1. CU vs NU draws well even when neither team is good
2. it gets strong TV ratings, even when neither team is good
3. part of the CFB experience is rivalries. this is the best we have going now, especially with the XII leaving us on an island
4. if/when the B1G expands again, I think having a strong rivalry with one of their members can only help our chances of getting in
I know the B1G money would be nice but the thought of playing Minny, Neb, Purdue, Illinois, et al, every year is sleep inducing…..at least to me.

I know the B1G money would be nice but the thought of playing Minny, Neb, Purdue, Illinois, et al, every year is sleep inducing…..at least to me.
including the XII, there isn't a conference in existence that doesn't have a few "sleep inducing" teams. and we don't have the pull of Notre Dame to go independant and schedule only "interesting" games we want.

including the XII, there isn't a conference in existence that doesn't have a few "sleep inducing" teams. and we don't have the pull of Notre Dame to go independant and schedule only "interesting" games we want.
B1GWest is littered with dull teams and meh destinations.

Needs it for what?
A premier game that has national appeal and gets us in the Big Noon, 3:30, or 7:30 ET slots. Prime/CU vs 90% of the Big 12 is going to be in a lot of Friday and Saturday 10:30 ET slots, as well as ESPN2 or FS1.

Only games this season in a prime time slot were/are TCU (Primes first game against Natty runner up, not going to be Big Noon in future years), Oregon, USC and Nebraska. CU needs more marquee opponents.

A premier game that has national appeal and gets us in the Big Noon, 3:30, or 7:30 ET slots. Prime/CU vs 90% of the Big 12 is going to be in a lot of Friday and Saturday 10:30 ET slots, as well as ESPN2 or FS1.

Only games this season in a prime time slot were/are TCU (Primes first game against Natty runner up, not going to be Big Noon in future years), Oregon, USC and Nebraska. CU needs more marquee opponents.
Prime is the draw. Opponent doesn’t matter so long as we win. Colorado has played eight games. We’ve “only” had four prime slots after the worst season in our history?! You’re forgetting the night game against little brother that had more viewers than any World Series game.

Prime is the draw. Opponent doesn’t matter so long as we win. Colorado has played eight games. We’ve “only” had four prime slots after the worst season in our history?! You’re forgetting the night game against little brother that had more viewers than any World Series game.
And 3 of those were against Nebraska, Oregon and USC, plus a 5:30 MT against UCLA which we won’t have going forward, which was my point.

Prime is the draw but against marquee opponents for Big Noon time slot. Hence why we are on 10:30 ET for Oregon State, Stanford and CSU.

We’ll still get views but fewer prime slots

Back