What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Would you want to play Nebraska every year?

Play the Nubs in a yearly rivalry game?

• No. Never play them.

• No. A series ever few years is good.

• Yes. September as a home/away.

• Yes. September at neutral site like UGA-UF do.

• Yes. Thanksgiving home/away.

• Yes. Thanksgiving neutral.

• Fvck you.

Results are only viewable after voting.
CU has no marquee games on its schedule going forward, so yes, it should be every year, on campus, during rivalry week.
I agree even though I voted personally it should be an every few years type of thing. I don't think I can mentally handle the anxiety and PTSD from growing up that I have around that game if it's every single year again..

Losing meant at minimum a weeks worth of constant mockery. I don't get that now obviously but it brings back bad memories.

I agree even though I voted personally it should be an every few years type of thing. I don't think I can mentally handle the anxiety and PTSD from growing up that I have around that game if it's every single year again..

Losing meant at minimum a weeks worth of constant mockery. I don't get that now obviously but it brings back bad memories.
That’s what it’s all about.

It's a fun game and a great rivalry, but unless they're in conference, every few years is fine. We shouldn't be tying up one of our 3 non conference games with a yearly rivalry with anyone regardless of who that might be (CSU or Neb). The Power 5 opponent in that non conference slate needs to be a recruiting/exposure driver as much as possible. Moving to the Big 12, that should probably be a CA/GA/North East team since we'll get regular exposure in TX and FL in-conference or it should be used for one of the kickoff classic type games in Week 0 at places like Jerry world or Orlando.

No need for Nubs to invade Denver. All that red at Mile High Stadium and a scheduled Nub night at Coors Field is too much to handle.

Every other few years would work. If they don’t want to play us again after we kick their asses in Lincoln, that’s on them.

I get the nostalgia trip, I really do.

I would like to see CU schedule someone other than them. Get games against teams in fertile recruiting grounds. Get games against the B1G (other than nubbies) and $ec.

Become a big dog again. Anyone. Any time. Any where.

A lot of unstated assumptions that have to be inferred.

Is it a conference game, or a non conference game?

If it is ooc, are we playing 8 or 9 conference games?

Preference:

1. Conference game Thanksgiving weekend.

This is so clearly the best option it's symbolic of the travesty of current conference alignment that it doesn't happen.

2. Conference game any other weekend.

3. OOC, with 8 game conference schedule, every year in November, preferably Thanksgiving.

4. OOC, with 9 game conference schedule, 2 out of every 6 years whenever the networks want to pay the most to broadcast it.

Oh, and always on campus. College football belongs on campus. Should be 2 at Folsom and 1 in stinkoln, but in the real world we'll have to suffer through home and home.

Last edited:
I'd be just fine with never having to deal with them again and let them wither away as an annual bottom 1/4th of their conference team.

CU fan - “I miss all the pageantry and regionality and rivalries. Conference realignment sucks”

Also CU fan - “Eh, I don’t care to play the only true rival CU has ever had. Let the series die off to every 5 years or so. No need.”
To be fair, "letting them die in a sea of irrelevance" comes from a place of genuine true, quality hatred.

I respect that.

Yearly rivalry games are one of the best things about college football. I'll never hate anyone in the new Big 12 the way I hate Nebraska. Every year on campus. Preferably the day after Thanksgiving. And figure out a way to get it done while Coach Prime is here. The tears would be so delicious!

tenor.gif

Okay - **** all y'all for thinking it's okay to not have a single team that we play annually. The fact that we don't have any protected games in the Big 12 pisses me the **** off. So if you voted for anything other than annually, you suck.

Two, while even the idea of it being annually is the land of make believe, it's even more the land of make-believe that we'll ever be in the same conference as the Nubs again. It sucks to say it, but they won realignment, we lost, and since Larry Scott crashed our cool kids' club into the ditch, we're never going into another cool kids' club.

Point C, a corollary of the above point, because we're never going to be in the same conference, a Thanksgiving game is never going to be an option. The Nubs' new rivalry with Iowa is actually a decent rivalry, unlike the rumble in the Rockies that was doomed from the start. The only way this works is in September.

Finally, putting this game annually in Mile High would be a tragic admission that the Nubs would fill half of a stadium 7 hours away when our campus is 30 minutes away. Yikes. Plus the atmosphere for the CU/CSU games down there sucked.

Okay - **** all y'all for thinking it's okay to not have a single team that we play annually. The fact that we don't have any protected games in the Big 12 pisses me the **** off. So if you voted for anything other than annually, you suck.

Two, while even the idea of it being annually is the land of make believe, it's even more the land of make-believe that we'll ever be in the same conference as the Nubs again. It sucks to say it, but they won realignment, we lost, and since Larry Scott crashed our cool kids' club into the ditch, we're never going into another cool kids' club.

Point C, a corollary of the above point, because we're never going to be in the same conference, a Thanksgiving game is never going to be an option. The Nubs' new rivalry with Iowa is actually a decent rivalry, unlike the rumble in the Rockies that was doomed from the start. The only way this works is in September.

Finally, putting this game annually in Mile High would be a tragic admission that the Nubs would fill half of a stadium 7 hours away when our campus is 30 minutes away. Yikes. Plus the atmosphere for the CU/CSU games down there sucked.
This is a bit cross thread, but not having one of the 4 dedicated rivalry games in the B12 puts us in Texas and Florida more often than AU/ASU/UU/BYU since those 4 have their rivalry.

This is the better outcome, IMO.

For this poll, I voted for every September, but honestly, doing a 2 on/2-3 year off keeps it simmering while allowing us to have a more diverse OOC schedule.

Plus, if we are being honest, does this game really do anything nationally for those under 40 years old? CU/NU isn't synonymous with rivalry for those that weren't watching 20 years ago.

Plus, if we are being honest, does this game really do anything nationally for those under 40 years old? CU/NU isn't synonymous with rivalry for those that weren't watching 20 years ago.

Probably true, but it took the students like 7.2 seconds to get into the Nub hate mode, and we haven't even lost to them since most of them were in elementary school.

This is a bit cross thread, but not having one of the 4 dedicated rivalry games in the B12 puts us in Texas and Florida more often than AU/ASU/UU/BYU since those 4 have their rivalry.

This is the better outcome, IMO.

For this poll, I voted for every September, but honestly, doing a 2 on/2-3 year off keeps it simmering while allowing us to have a more diverse OOC schedule.

I think there are a lot of rivalries that don’t mean anything nationally, regardless of age. Most rivalries mean a lot to the fanbases only.

I would say Ohio State/Michigan, Texas/OU, Notre Dame/USC, Bama/Auburn, Florida/Florida State, and maybe Georgia/Florida are the only ones that really have broad national appeal.

CU/Nebraska is in that next tier with like Michigan/MSU, Oregon/UW, OU/OSU, UT/aTm, Bama/Tennessee, etc.

I think there are a lot of rivalries that don’t mean anything nationally, regardless of age. Most rivalries mean a lot to the fanbases only.

I would say Ohio State/Michigan, Texas/OU, Notre Dame/USC, Bama/Auburn, Florida/Florida State, and maybe Georgia/Florida are the only ones that really have broad national appeal.

CU/Nebraska is in that next tier with like Michigan/MSU, Oregon/UW, OU/OSU, UT/aTm, Bama/Tennessee, etc.
Agreed. And I would say that the list of national appeal games is probably more like 2 or 3. The Florida/FSU and Floria/Georgia don’t hit that mark in my book. And thats another vote for why considering regionality (made up word) is important in the next college football realignment carousel.

Agreed. And I would say that the list of national appeal games is probably more like 2 or 3. The Florida/FSU and Floria/Georgia don’t hit that mark in my book. And thats another vote for why considering regionality (made up word) is important in the next college football realignment carousel.
Yeah, I almost said “and I’m being generous including FSU/UF and UGA/UF”. Neither of those are appointment television for CFB fans West of the Mississippi. The other three typically are.

TV obviously knows this though, which is why they have basically shifted to collecting as many “big games” as possible. Oregon vs Penn State is a great matchup that’s going to have national appeal. Same with USC vs Michigan and Washington vs Ohio State, etc. Same goes for Texas vs Georgia or Oklahoma vs Alabama.

Back