What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wow, Auburn fires Tuberville.

Texas defensive coordinator Will Muschamp told the school no.

of course, he is set at Texas..... it was a smart move by Texas, no so much for a future head coach, but more not to lose their top assistant coach to name coach in waiting and show hi the money now.....

of course this all happened while I was gone so I really dont know anyu of the story surrounding Muschamp and UT

Definately up there with some of the bonehead decisions by an AD. :rolleyes: The guy was a solid coach and a decent recruiter and Auburn was a respectable program. Now where are they going to go....................

This news makes me happy. The farmers will do doubt regret this move, greatly, for the next several years.

We refer to the barn as little brother or the cow college.

AUBURN -- Tommy Tuberville has resigned as coach at Auburn today following a disappointing season that culminated in the Tigers' first loss to Alabama in seven years.

Yea, he "resigned". :huh:

Who the heck are they going to hire? They aren't going to get another coach that has won as much as Tuberville..

I would have at least given Tuberville next year to turn it around..
Alot of people think it will be Tommy Bowden. The firing doesn't surprise me, the SEC is brutal and the expectations and standards are much higher than any other conference. 2 LSU fans were shot to death by a Bama fan in an argument after the Bama game this year. The hatred goes even deeper for Auburn vs Alabama. It happened in Alabama, both were armed - it's insane. If Bama Charlie is out there, maybe he knows something about it?:huh:

Last edited:
Alot of people think it will be Tommy Bowden. The firing doesn't surprise me, the SEC is brutal and the expectations and standards are much higher than any other conference. 2 LSU fans were shot to death by a Bama fan in an argument after the Bama game this year. It happened in Alabama, both were armed - it's insane. If Bama Charlie is out there, maybe he knows something about it.:huh:
it was proven that the shooting was bama fan on bama fan... no LSU fans involved..

And yes, the SEC is stooopid if they fire a guy who went 9-4 after ONE down year.

Leach was in Seattle earlier this week talking to UW.
They offered him a ton of money, I don't see how he can turn it down. The PAC 10 is soft and will be alot easier than the Big 12 South. The Tommy Bowden rumor to Auburn doesn't make any sense to me, but he did coach Tulane to an undefeated season and a final ranking of #7 in the nation. That's a freakin miracle coaching job!

The Tommy Bowden rumor to Auburn doesn't make any sense to me, but he did coach Tulane to an undefeated season and a final ranking of #7 in the nation. That's a freakin miracle coaching job!

I would think that his brother might tell him to look elsewhere, though. I don't think Terry's time at Auburn had the happiest ending... :huh:

I would think that his brother might tell him to look elsewhere, though. I don't think Terry's time at Auburn had the happiest ending... :huh:

Didn't he get fired for screwing around with a boosters daughter. I would think that he left with a happy ending then. :smile2:

Apparently Auburn is stating that Tuberville resigned completely on his own and they had no intention of letting him go.....don't know if I completely believe that but is interesting

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-auburn-coachingsearch&prov=ap&type=lgns

I call bull**** on that one. I think Tuberville is a dick, but they seem to have been trying to kick him out the door for a while.

Alot of people think it will be Tommy Bowden. The firing doesn't surprise me, the SEC is brutal and the expectations and standards are much higher than any other conference. 2 LSU fans were shot to death by a Bama fan in an argument after the Bama game this year. The hatred goes even deeper for Auburn vs Alabama. It happened in Alabama, both were armed - it's insane. If Bama Charlie is out there, maybe he knows something about it?:huh:

It will not be a Bowden. You do remember his brother coaching there? I do not think there will be a Bowden at either AU or UA in my lifetime.

that, and he was definitely screwing someone that Lowder was close too, produced a child as well.

That was ok. He was fooling around with her at Samford and Bobby didn't care. How do you think he got noticed coaching there? You don't go from Samford to a real D1-A (or whatever it is now) school. Rumor is the Bowdens adopted that kid.

Terry asked Bobby for some advice after his undefeated season, and Bobby told him there is only one way you can go from here and that is down.

Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville, one of the most successful coaches in the history of Auburn University, was fired, resigned, has taken a leave of absence, has gone duck hunting in Arkansas, has been executed, is an enemy combatant being held at Gitmo, is on sabbatical at Lake Martin, or is in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location, according to (you may choose more than one) The Birmingham News, The Tuscaloosa News, The Opelika-Auburn News, ESPN, the Paul Finebaum Show, blogthis.com and a host of other reliable sources.

Welcome to Auburn University, Dr. Jay and Susie Gogue. On the eve of your Christmas buffet at the president’s mansion, be aware the sweet welcome and honeymoon to your alma mater is officially over. From this day forward, you will be firmly reminded that you have been relegated to handling most of the administrative affairs at Auburn — with the exception of Auburn athletics – and you will be allowed to oversee most of the academic affairs at Auburn, provided you don’t try to interfere with the academic prowess of Auburn athletes. Things you heard to the contrary while interviewing for the job were, shall we say, just talking points.

You and your sweet wife are wonderful folks, although a bit naive in believing that you would be in control. This is your first tenure at a Big Boy football school. You will compound your current situation if you assume that you will have a say in selecting the new coach for Auburn. You will, however, be allowed to make the announcement while Bobby Lowder, remains hidden behind the curtain. You must accept this situation, stage a brutal public fight, or leave.

You said volumes by your silence on the front page of the Opelika-Auburn News on Thursday. Three colorful boxes at the bottom of the front page. Tuberville’s quote, Athletics Director Jay Jacobs’ quote and your no comment. The president, no comment?

I see the footprints of the Big Three in all of this. Bobby Lowder, who has moved his church letter to United Methodist Church of Auburn and is building another house in Auburn, is also, the big mule. Two members of his Colonial Bank board, Jimmy Rane and former coach Pat Dye, are also major players. Lowder must have been feeling his oats after he secured a $500 million bailout from American taxpayers for his bank, now has the cash to pay Tuberville $6 million to walk, pay more coaches not to coach and also pay whatever is necessary to buy a new head coach and assistants.

I’ll bet he will try to pay a coach more than Alabama pays Nick Saban. Saban’s hiring has been good for the pay scale of the nation’s coaches. Some now make more than college president and all their deans combined. What’s not to love about that? Heck, coaches make more than the president of the United States, but they may be worth more.

Lowder has been after Tuberville for years. Remember, he fired up his jet for a clandestine trip to lure Bobby Petrino to Auburn. Aboard that ill-fated flight were University President, the late William Walker, Athletics Director David Housel, board chairman Earlon McWhorter and board member Byron Franklin. When word of that sordid plan leaked out, the Auburn faithful rallied to Tuberville’s defense and Tuberville won, but the wounds never healed.

Tuberville shunned his enemies on the board. They shunned him, and they waited for the right moment to pounce. Auburn’s thrashing by Alabama last week was a perfect setting.
They fired Tommy Tuberville. Forget resignation. I have gold-plated proof. Tommy’s angelic mother said he was fired. She said Tommy called and gave her the news. Challenge Olive Tuberville at your own peril. Tommy was fired. That’s her story and she’s sticking by it. Believe it.

http://www.oanow.com/oan/news/opini...elieve_what_you_will_but_tubs_was_fired/50097

Back