What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WVU game

And why do you think that is? :puke:

The answer is obvious - the rest of the B12 cities are certified dumps, save for perhaps Austin. I actually kind of like Norman, but it doesn't compare with Athens or Tempe or Seattle... The other cities in this conference are pretty lame.

CU travels well to non-Big 12 venues. Especially to places we've never been to before. There was a good number of CU fans at Miami a few years ago, too. Maybe not in the 6-8k range, but 4-5K wouldn't have surprised me. We had two sections at the bottom and two sections in the top level. I wouldn't be surprised to see 6-8K in West Virginia.

Crap - forgot about the Miami trip in the last post where I talked about FSU and Georgia. I also remember Texas in 2001 - easily 4-5K at that one (the non Big XII Championship game). In Miami ther was easily 5K - South beach was crawling with Buff fans that weekend.

In Tallahassee I recall a bunch of local folks out in downtown eating the night before the game muttering "Where in the hell did all of these Buffalo fans come from?" That would imply to me that we travelled better to that game than a lot of other schools do.

Mark my words - we will have a good showing at WVU.

The answer is obvious - the rest of the B12 cities are certified dumps, save for perhaps Austin. I actually kind of like Norman, but it doesn't compare with Athens or Tempe or Seattle... The other cities in this conference are pretty lame.

I just needed someone to say it. I've never been anywhere in the big Xii save Austin. From all reports, its not worth it.

From the looks of the schedule, that will be the non conference road game that I trek to. We try and get to one of the non conference game a year as well as several conference games.

As far as total numbers, I bet we sell out the allotment we are given. I even like many of the Big XII destinations. Columbia is a pretty good town, Lawrence is a fun town. Austin has been fun. Norman is great. I usually end up tripping with someone from the home school in the Big XII so that adds to the fun. The only place I really hate going to is Stincolon. That place is a **** hole and the folks are the usual decorations you find in a **** hole...brown, bumpy and stinky!

I AM IN!!!!

When did this happen? I have been too busy with work!

I will be there with a good friend who is a WVU alum...

I have been to Morgantown.... Thos fans are pretty rabid...... rabid meaning they get drunk and are pretty mean.... I am not a fan of them... being that my brother is a Pitt alum.

But Hey WVU grad... I am there with another WVU grad from Philadelphia.

I just needed someone to say it. I've never been anywhere in the big Xii save Austin. From all reports, its not worth it.

I have never regretted going to another Big XII city. Even the towns that are ****holes make for fun visits. In fact, I think it is more fun to go to a Stillwater or a College Station than it is to go to Austin, because the game is the biggest thing going.

By the way, I am planning on going to WVU. I am on a mission to go to all of our non-conference away games.

I'm definitely in. My brother-in-law's brother went there and is a die hard fan, we've already started the trash talking...Morgantown is only about 3 hrs. from here...i'm sure i can bring lots of pitt fans who'll root for anyone who plays WVU....

And while we make fun of WV here in PA., central Pa. has been called West Pennsyltucky...so i don't have much room to talk...

And while we make fun of WV here in PA., central Pa. has been called West Pennsyltucky...so i don't have much room to talk...

and i tought that was just a small joke about some of our pilots and mx people who lived out in martinsburg and west of there during my ACA days....:lol:

i never would have dreamed that i would have been able to post that line here and have someone actually understand it. small world indeed! :smile2:

I have never regretted going to another Big XII city. Even the towns that are ****holes make for fun visits. In fact, I think it is more fun to go to a Stillwater or a College Station than it is to go to Austin, because the game is the biggest thing going.

By the way, I am planning on going to WVU. I am on a mission to go to all of our non-conference away games.

stillwater is my fave spot after folsom (so far) followed by norman (bc ubt's family makes norman great). austin and lincoln... meh.... not my faves. i am with you that i am glad that i went: in some cases it served as a reason not to go back. :cool:

"kind of like Norman?!?!" That town is on par with a prostate exam or checking baggage at DIA. The OKC Bricktown is a good time. Norman...please. :confused:

stillwater is my fave spot after folsom (so far) followed by norman (bc ubt's family makes norman great). austin and lincoln... meh.... not my faves. i am with you that i am glad that i went: in some cases it served as a reason not to go back. :cool:

Norman... I have been 2wice... not so nice... Owen Field... when the Sooner Schooner fell over... Cale Gundy had his head buried a foot below the grass... and who could forget Schnellenberger putting an asterisk by the CU game... yep... I witnessed them both in 1993 and 1995... and the fans DID NOT LIKE US.... I was confronted by a few jerks... ( I am sure not U UBT and Lady)...

But Norman???? not a fan!

I am ****ing loud enough for 10,000 CU fans.... my apologies to Morgantown... but they dont know what they invited... I have been arrested or detained in Ann Arbor, Stillwater, Pittsburgh, Norman, Austin, and for godsakes... STINKOLN!!!!!!

I will make my presence KNOWN!!!!!!

ROLL CU DOWN THE FIELD!

I am ****ing loud enough for 10,000 CU fans.... my apologies to Morgantown... but they dont know what they invited... I have been arrested or detained in Ann Arbor, Stillwater, Pittsburgh, Norman, Austin, and for godsakes... STINKOLN!!!!!!
I will make my presence KNOWN!!!!!!

ROLL CU DOWN THE FIELD!

i think i will start hanging out with you on gameday. :thumbsup: it seems a sound plan for fun, but i will have no dealings with webber grills.

"kind of like Norman?!?!" That town is on par with a prostate exam or checking baggage at DIA. The OKC Bricktown is a good time. Norman...please. :confused:

It may have just been my personal experience there. I went in 1989 for the "Things have changed" game. We had the time of our lives there. Good bars, cheap beer, cheap food, good football. The fans were civil with us so we really didn't have any problems. Like I said: I kind of like Norman.

Ames sucks, though. A freaking tornado went through town within 2 miles of the stadium when I was there. The bars redefine suctitude and the weather is awful.

one goal of mine is to support a Buff victory in each of the B12 stadiums.
7 down. 5 to go. Its a bugger scrathing Austin off the list. Oh-fer two there. Comes around once every 4 yes so it may take a while.

Visiting the other locations is worth it b/c 1) chance to meet some great supporters of the school. 2) it's fun to be a maurading conquorer. 3) enhances the gameday experience in Boulder. 4) the players deserve and have earned our support. Hope to see Miami Buff on the victory tour.

This is as close to NY as the Buffs will be so I am definitely thinking this is my road trip next season! Plus my brother in law plays soccer at Marshall so my wife will be behind it because we will be able to go visit him, should work out well!

I saw talk of a home and home with Syracuse being negotiated too, that would be my dream! I have Orange season tickets and for that matchup in the Dome I would surely be leaving the orange colors at home for the black and gold!

i think i will start hanging out with you on gameday. :thumbsup: it seems a sound plan for fun, but i will have no dealings with webber grills.

I don't know anything about a webber grill :smile2:

sacky hasn't noticed his cooler full of beer is missing yet. :thumbsup:

It may have just been my personal experience there. I went in 1989 for the "Things have changed" game. We had the time of our lives there.

I roadtripped for that one - damn great experience. Might not ever go back since that trip could never be duplicated.

Oh, believe me, I keep an inventory of all beer. Philly tried to steal mine, but got FC's instead. Now FC doesn't have any ammo for when we soak his noggin with all that natty lite. :thumbsup:

This is as close to NY as the Buffs will be so I am definitely thinking this is my road trip next season! Plus my brother in law plays soccer at Marshall so my wife will be behind it because we will be able to go visit him, should work out well!

I saw talk of a home and home with Syracuse being negotiated too, that would be my dream! I have Orange season tickets and for that matchup in the Dome I would surely be leaving the orange colors at home for the black and gold!

The Morgantown game is in '09, next season they play in Boulder.

I definitely plan on going since the opportunities to see CU live in the eastern part of the country are few and far between. I was planning on hitting the Chapel Hill game so this game just replaces that one for me. Hopefully I can make it to Tallahassee next year too, especially since I missed the first trip down there.

Didn't we have Penn State on the schedule at one point for sometime around 2010, 2011, etc? If so it must've gotten dropped because I just looked out on cubuffs.com and there's no Penn State on the future schedules.

If you go to FSU, I recommend playing the FSU golf course the mroning of the game. We did it and it was a lot of fun - not a great course but...the starter went to UNC in Greeeley and set myself and a buddy up with brand new Nike drivers to play with, the beer girl followed us the entire round, and the pro followed us and gave us tips on how to play each hole. Highlight this with the FSU band practicing throughout the round and it was a cool environment.

If you do it, though, call aheadn and make sure they stock plenty of Coors. We drank 'em dry...If you wonder why we got so much attention - everyone at the course was impressed with the following:
1) We came from Colorado for the game
2) We asked for beer at 6am
3) We prepaid for the first 12 pack and asked for them to stay very close.

When we finished the round, many folks in the pro shop said we represented Colorado very well and told us to send our friends. :cool:

The Morgantown game is in '09, next season they play in Boulder.

I definitely plan on going since the opportunities to see CU live in the eastern part of the country are few and far between. I was planning on hitting the Chapel Hill game so this game just replaces that one for me. Hopefully I can make it to Tallahassee next year too, especially since I missed the first trip down there.

Didn't we have Penn State on the schedule at one point for sometime around 2010, 2011, etc? If so it must've gotten dropped because I just looked out on cubuffs.com and there's no Penn State on the future schedules.

PSU bailed because they only wanted to do a 2 home to one away and our AD nixed that. CU's policy is not to do that anymore. FSU is the last 2 for one home game.

Just make sure you don't accidentally steal the ammo cooler full of Natty Light intended for FC's oversized melon.... :lol:

Oh, believe me, I keep an inventory of all beer. Philly tried to steal mine, but got FC's instead. Now FC doesn't have any ammo for when we soak his noggin with all that natty lite. :thumbsup:

The Natty Lite cooler is securely fastened to the 1990 Honda Natty Cruiser. That **** aint leaving unless it's leaving via my rocket arm.

Back