What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Xavier Johnson

Sure, someone has to pay for the heat in mom's basement and an adequate supply of cheese doodles.

You seem like a decent AZ fan. You should post some pix of Arizona hotties or cheerleaders to cement your good standing on AllBuffs.

No reason to single out ACE and PGU. A good number of the posters on GoAZCats are tools, too.

Why can't Arizona fans enjoy the win for what it was?

One constipated old cuss over there ignores 99.9% of Tad Boyle's post game quotes, only to find the 8 words that fit his special agenda to characterize Boyle as some kind of winey pants chump.

Boyle quote in question: "Hat's off to Arizona. But they aren't 27 points better than us. But our team has to own (up to) this and then learn from it."

I totally get that the scoreboard says Arizona was 27 points better than the Buffs last night and 12 points better in Tempe.
But on the balance, Boyle is paid to do better than loose by 27 points at home, and he more than owned up to that fact.

Boyle's full quotes:
Well, my hat goes off to Arizona; they whipped us tonight in every which way you can whip a team. Our fans and our seniors deserve better than they got tonight and for that, I’m truly sorry. It was a disappointing performance by our team and I have to look square in the mirror on that, as their coach; I didn’t do a very good job tonight. We’re going to get better from this, but we’re a better team than the way we played tonight; you can’t get away with the way we played against a team like Arizona. I can’t emphasize how good they are defensively; there are 11 other teams in the PAC-12 and then there’s Arizona.

Miller said exactly the same thing at the half. Both coaches are right. No way Arizona is 27 points better than Colorado. As I said before, I think the huge margin can be attributed to XJ's comments. Arizona came in totally motivated, wanting revenge. Colorado came in feeling pressure to back up childish remarks that should not have been made. On top of that, there is a talent differential. The result is what it is.

As for Arizona fans being immature, it's unfortunate that some are. But it's not even close to everyone. There are many fans who are as thoughtful and classy as you fellas have shown yourselves to be. I think top programs attract insecure people looking to find something solid with which to associate their egos. When we were in the tank between Olson and Miller, a lot of those guys were off the bandwagon. Even when Miller came on board, a lot of them were asses, constantly whining with each loss, fast to cast blame on the coach, unappreciative of all he was doing to bring the program back to where we all wanted it.

As I've said, this is not everyone. In fact, I'd say it's a small minority. But it's a minority that tends to draw a lot of attention to itself because it goes around thumping its chest. All the smart, reasonable mature fans tend to go unnoticed.

You seem like a decent AZ fan. You should post some pix of Arizona hotties or cheerleaders to cement your good standing on AllBuffs.

LOL; my wife would not like it if I kept pictures of Arizona cheerleaders on my computer. You'll just have to tune into our games and watch them live. For what it's worth, I thought you had some beautiful young women on your dance squad. Way too young for me, but I wasn't always an old guy. ;O)

LOL; my wife would not like it if I kept pictures of Arizona cheerleaders on my computer. You'll just have to tune into our games and watch them live. For what it's worth, I thought you had some beautiful young women on your dance squad. Way too young for me, but I wasn't always an old guy. ;O)
Dudes a cal fan.

Fair enough. I'll spot you one:

arizona-cheerleader-hottest-student.jpg

Miller said exactly the same thing at the half. Both coaches are right. No way Arizona is 27 points better than Colorado. As I said before, I think the huge margin can be attributed to XJ's comments. Arizona came in totally motivated, wanting revenge. Colorado came in feeling pressure to back up childish remarks that should not have been made. On top of that, there is a talent differential. The result is what it is.

As for Arizona fans being immature, it's unfortunate that some are. But it's not even close to everyone. There are many fans who are as thoughtful and classy as you fellas have shown yourselves to be. I think top programs attract insecure people looking to find something solid with which to associate their egos. When we were in the tank between Olson and Miller, a lot of those guys were off the bandwagon. Even when Miller came on board, a lot of them were asses, constantly whining with each loss, fast to cast blame on the coach, unappreciative of all he was doing to bring the program back to where we all wanted it.

As I've said, this is not everyone. In fact, I'd say it's a small minority. But it's a minority that tends to draw a lot of attention to itself because it goes around thumping its chest. All the smart, reasonable mature fans tend to go unnoticed.

1. those were childish remarks and I hope XJ learns to keep those inside the locker room next time
2. I am from Arizona and I think their fans are very good in general. We got a few losers though that joined us here on AB.

First the Super Bowl and now this crap!
This one hurts more than the super bowl for me and it isn't even close. I woke up and went to the rec and played basketball for like four hours to get my mind off of it. Also, I would happily walk on to the team if you want a 5' 10" white guy that can shoot the three.

Living 2 hours north of Seattle, I tried to get worked up about the stuporbowl but truth is I really didn't give a damn. Watched the game and high fived with the locals but I knew I was a faker. I believe sociologists would could me a participant observer. Takes time to develop a true allegiance because it's essentially just an emotional attachment rooted in nothing. Either way, the sun comes up tomorrow.

Because my allegiance to University of Arizona is so strong, I found myself watching Philadelphia Eagles games this year, cheering on Nick Foles. But I must say many of the Seahawks fans are cool. A bunch of guys said they would take a day off from work and drive down to Seattle for the big celebration parade. Something like a million people turned out. I asked why they wanted to go to all the trouble. The responses were typically along the lines of, "This is very likely a once in a lifetime experience." I love that. The fans are unspoiled. I don't appreciate fans who act like they're entitled to an elite team or even a championship. I hate it when they whine if it doesn't work out that way, particularly if they start blaming the coach.

When following sports, whatever we get is a blessing. It's not like we're out the field, getting the tar beaten out of us. We're not the ones in the weight room or running miles a day. I've followed teams that weren't any good and always found something to enjoy, something to appreciate.

Last edited:
Living 2 hours north of Seattle, I tried to get worked up about the stuporbowl but truth is I really didn't give a damn. Watched the game and high fived with the locals but I knew I was a faker. I believe sociologists would could me a participant observer. Takes time to develop a true allegiance because it's essentially just an emotional attachment rooted in nothing. Either way, the sun comes up tomorrow.

Because my allegiance to University of Arizona is so strong, I found myself watching Philadelphia Eagles games this year, cheering on Nick Foles. But I must say many of the Seahawks fans are cool. A bunch of guys said they would take a day off from work and drive down to Seattle for the big celebration parade. Something like a million people turned out. I asked why they wanted to go to all the trouble. The responses were typically along the lines of, "This is very like a once in a lifetime experience." I love that. The fans are unspoiled. I don't like it when fans act like they're entitled to an elite team or even a championship. I hate it when they whine if it doesn't work out that way, particularly if they start blaming the coach.

Whatever we get is a blessing. I've followed teams that weren't any good and always found something to enjoy, something to appreciate.

This is the sort of thing that happens when University of Arizona is your point of reference...

I registered just so I could say that, while PGU does have its moments of informative brilliance, I would have to agree that a fair number of its users are alarmingly insecure. It starts from the top, where ACE acts quite the megalomaniac. The man knows Arizona basketball, but he must then lord it over everybody until you either agree he's the best or just give up trying to reason with him.

So....don't hate us all. And Orr, try not to fall into the trap of denigrating a beautiful, well-rounded and nationally lauded campus because its easy to rip the few that prove it to be otherwise. I've been to your campus a number of times, and could say some fairly opinionated things myself; yet the good stuff has so far outweighed the bad that it isn't even worth the breath.

Take care Buffs, and see you on the court again.

"Oh that'll be a 20 point blow out"

"were the cream of the crop"

"McKale is comparable to CSU"

"We won the last 30 minutes"

"Not impressed"

this is is why arizona "trolls" are on your site, not because your program or site is worthy of trolling.

"Not impressed"

this is is why arizona "trolls" are on your site, not because your program or site is worthy of trolling.

And yet you act like a bunch of insecure 14 year old girls (for the most part - you not included)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Not impressed"

AZ trolling diminishes AZ's team's accomplishments.
The sweetest satisfaction is to let your deeds speak louder than our words.

Instead, the AZ trolling trades our over-optimism with your fan base's obsession with anal rape.

Congratulations for living a double standard, where our bluster is met with your fetish based insecurities.
If you are going to pretend like you belong at the big boy table, at least act like you've been there.

AZ trolling diminishes AZ's team's accomplishments.
The sweetest satisfaction is to let your deeds speak louder than our words.

Instead, the AZ trolling trades our over-optimism with your fan base's obsession with anal rape.

Congratulations for living a double standard, where our bluster is met with your fetish based insecurities.
If you are going to pretend like you belong at the big boy table, at least act like you've been there.

Nailed it. I've never seen Duke fans trolling Virginia or Maryland message boards.

Their D-baginess comes from swagger, not insecurity.

Nailed it. I've never seen Duke fans trolling Virginia or Maryland message boards.

Their D-baginess comes from swagger, not insecurity.

they don't, neither do Heels. Maryland had a nice trolling run itself in the early 2000s but they all vanished when their fortunes declined.

Not many of these Arizona fans coming over here have thought this all the way through.

Instead of demanding XJ eat crow and rubbing our noses in this ass whooping, they should be over here stroking his (and our) egos and encouraging more bravado.

They should absolutely adore XJ and every other Buff that provides bulletin board material. Colorado's hollow arrogance brought out the very best from Arizona's players. Without XJ's mouth, this trip to the keg would have been missing that special edge and incentive to prove something.

The best approach would be to come over here to praise our coach and our players. "Oh you just had an off night. We were lucky to come out on top", they should say with a wink and a smile. "Next time, you'll totally kick our asses. You are just a season away from a final four. Blah, blah, blah."

But these *********** just blew their chance. They've insisted on bitching about the very behavior that fueled their outstanding performance.

When XJ finally zips it up and keeps it in the locker room... When twitter goes dark...I will be thanking these *********** for teaching valuable lessons in media relations and for looking like assholes in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's what I said before. When a team performs well over a long period of time, it tends to draw insecure people looking for something with which to associate their egoic needs. The Yankees for instance. When someone has never lived in New York and says their a Yankee fan, I wonder what's up with that.

I went to law school at the U of A and would cheer them on regardless of how good they were. Sure it's more fun when up than down. I probably get more obsessive when things are going well. But even if UW were kicking butt every year and Arizona fell into the tank, I'd still be an Arizona fan. Living 2 hours north of Seattle, I have a feeling Washington football is going to get very strong again. Arizona football seems to be under a long-term curse. Alas, it is what it is. Here's where I get to understand what it's like to be a Chicago Cub.

It's what I said before. When a team performs well over a long period of time, it tends to draw insecure people looking for something with which to associate their egoic needs. The Yankees for instance. When someone has never lived in New York and says their a Yankee fan, I wonder what's up with that.

I went to law school at the U of A and would cheer them on regardless of how good they were. Sure it's more fun when up than down. I probably get more obsessive when things are going well. But even if UW were kicking butt every year and Arizona fell into the tank, I'd still be an Arizona fan. Living 2 hours north of Seattle, I have a feeling Washington football is going to get very strong again. Arizona football seems to be under a long-term curse. Alas, it is what it is. Here's where I get to understand what it's like to be a Chicago Cub.
You realize who you are talking to right. :lol:

A few things, it's harder for a western based team to get the so-called Wal-Mart fans. With TV packages nowadays televising every game to every part of the country excluding the Pac-12 Network, you can really become a fan of every team. A decade ago or so, it was easier to root for the Yankees, Cowboys, Red Wings, Celtics, Notre Dame football, Duke basketball because those teams were winning and on TV the most. To be an a la carte CU fan, you really had to search deep considering the only chance we even had to make ESPN most of the time as a highlight let alone a game was by playing a top-25 team. So unless we were playing KU and sometimes Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, you'd have search the Internet to find the score.

I'm a Cat fan. Frankly, obnoxious trolls from others (especially egregious Sun Devils) seems to be part of our culture. I do not like it when Cat fans do this. I do not like when others do it to us as many Cat fans keep it going by responding.

Just so you know, most of the Cat fans I know do not follow PGU and think they are wackos. Also, the fans I know think your coach is one of the very best in the conference and we expect a lot of future battle that will go both directions.

I'm happy we won. I'm happy X Johnson had a bad game. Other than that, I recognize that if we play CU in the PAC12 tournament we could lose.

Most of Cat fans are not trolls.

Two last things:

(1) we have been trolled by Duke and North Carolina fans (though some appear to have been closet Devil fans). All fanbase have their trolls.

(2) it is never good for a player (X) to trash another team. Just not smart.

I'm a Cat fan. Frankly, obnoxious trolls from others (especially egregious Sun Devils) seems to be part of our culture. I do not like it when Cat fans do this. I do not like when others do it to us as many Cat fans keep it going by responding.

Just so you know, most of the Cat fans I know do not follow PGU and think they are wackos. Also, the fans I know think your coach is one of the very best in the conference and we expect a lot of future battle that will go both directions.

I'm happy we won. I'm happy X Johnson had a bad game. Other than that, I recognize that if we play CU in the PAC12 tournament we could lose.

Two last things:

(1) we have been trolled by Duke and North Carolina fans (though some appear to have been closet Devil fans). All fanbase have their trolls.

(2) it is never good for a player (X) to trash another team. Just not smart.

It seems many of your fans have responded to "egregious ASU fans" by adopting the exact same tactics. It's odd. The insecurity of many Cat fans is also a very peculiar trait. See you soon. McConnell is my favorite player to watch on another Pac squad

It seems many of your fans have responded to "egregious ASU fans" by adopting the exact same tactics. It's odd. The insecurity of many Cat fans is also a very peculiar trait. See you soon. McConnell is my favorite player to watch on another Pac squad

I don't remember having a lot of problems with ASU fans acting like ****heads.

I'm a Cat fan. Frankly, obnoxious trolls from others (especially egregious Sun Devils) seems to be part of our culture. I do not like it when Cat fans do this.

Thanks for stopping by, St James.

Is there an UofA message board where opposing fans can, you know, actually engage in an honest conversation, have some good natured ribbing, and actually want to come back?

PGU has quite the reputation for being extreme. GoAZCats is the message board equivalent of a rival biker bar with clear agenda to assassinate Boyle's character. (Some of the bald quotes were funny, but otherwise it's a romper room over there).

Where do the civilized UofA fans go online to cheer on their team and to engage in something a little more sportsmanlike?

BTW- XJ's mouth better get backed up by his performance. He's in the doghouse for not backing up his words on the court, and looks the fool. You won't find many who are defending this young man's statements, but we all hope he learns and grows from this embarrassing experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back