What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Yearly Reminder to NOT DM or Tweet at Recruits / Be Douches

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
Thank you. For illustration, you DO NOT want to be this guy in real life or on the internet:

https://theathletic.com/707900/2018...able-img-academy-prospects/?source=dailyemail

Cain: I’m from Baton Rouge so, of course, I was supposed to go to LSU. So I’m in the Hi Nabor grocery store in Baton Rouge with my grandmother this summer, and we’re getting some food for dinner. I’ll never forget this day. We were going through the aisle, and an LSU fan was shopping and comes up. I didn’t think he knew me, and he bumped into me like, “Hey, man. You going to The Boot, right? You going to be a Boot Boy, right?” I was like, “I don’t know yet.” He was like, “What you mean you don’t know?” He was looking at me crazy and cross-eyed.
I’m like, “Look, bruh. I’m just here with my grandmother.” He said, “I respect that. Yeah, man. You know I played ball back in my day. You need to go to the Boot, though, man. You from Baton Rouge; You need to go to The Boot.” And he’s getting all mad in the grocery store, on camera and all that. I was like, “Bruh, look. Chill out.” So he’s like, “You’re going to LSU, right? YOU’RE GOING TO LSU, RIGHT?” I’m like, “Bruh, I don’t know yet, I’m taking all my visits. You have a good day.”
And he was like, “Oh, aight. But, look, you’re going to LSU. Go Tigers.”
For those of you with an athletic subscription, read the thing, it's great. Also, don't be tOSU fans. Or FSU fans. Don't threaten these kids for their ****ing school choice.

And, the evergreen flow chart for your decision making:

B87K2EcCMAEc2SZ.png

Last edited:
Is it OK to "Like" a kid's tweet? For instance, kid tweets 'Had a great OV at CU this weekend'.. Is OK to Like ? Or Retweet? But not reply?
Good questions. DO NOT REPLY. DO NOT SLIDE INTO DMS.

Liking is acceptable. Retweeting is acceptable if it's with something positive. #Gobuffs! is a safe one, although some try to get fancy and describe why X recruit is going to kick ass at CU. Tread carefully, be respectful.

Good questions. DO NOT REPLY. DO NOT SLIDE INTO DMS.

Liking is acceptable. Retweeting is acceptable if it's with something positive. #Gobuffs! is a safe one, although some try to get fancy and describe why X recruit is going to kick ass at CU. Tread carefully, be respectful.

So I shouldn’t have DM’ed that recruits family and told them he better be a Buff or else?

Last edited:
Just put yourself in the shoes of a 17 or 18 year old making a huge decision in their life. Don't you think the kid has heard enough of that in his real life at his own school from his school-mates and people in town? Then you have social media. Just let the kid be himself and choose what he wants to do. If you are a 35+ year old that gets upset easily by a 17-18 year old kid not wanting to play your school, you need to look at yourself in the mirror.

I'm on this site for the continuous parade of affirmation. I can't imagine anyone here is somehow less than nurturing in their other social media personas. Unthinkable.

Back