What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

You all need to relax.

agree with colorado track fan... mac 2 knows what he is doing...even a blind man can see program improvements year over year and compared to two seasons ago it isnt even close! something short of chip kelly saying he wants to live and coach in boulder... i say stay the course!

Yes....we really have no other option....just pray that we can get wins next year with subpar talent, and can eventually draw interest from better talent so MM can build depth....a long shot, I think, but no other choice.

Agreed. I would tend to look at more data than just the win-loss record. I'm not a reductionist. I don't think that you need to be an expert or an insider to generally tell if a coach is completely clueless and making a mess of things (e.g. Embree and Hawlkins to a lesser extent). If you have that situation then I think it's better to cut your losses ASAP. The longer you hold on the deeper the hole you dig. However, I think it is entirely possible to have a solid coach who knows what he's doing and have ebbs and flows in win-loss success, and I think this especially applies to all schools who are not at the upper echelon of resources thrown at football. There are so many variables that go into winning and losing. And the other team, obviously, has a vote in the matter. I think stability and strength in a program is the result, typically, of a long and steady effort. Recruiting is key and unless you're at a superpower, it takes time to develop relationships and reputation with high school coaches and the football community in general. Blowing the whole thing up every three or four years just sets you back to square one IMO.

In CU's particular situation I think fully committing to the current coach gives you a better chance of long term success than replacing him in in two or three years time if CU is still among the bottom three or four in the conference. I think people tend to undervalue the benefits of stability and overstate the benefits of "new blood" and "change". I'm saying be careful in writing off a coach as a dud. Based on what I've seen I don't think the current coach is a dud or a fraud (like the Hawlk). I think he is solid enough based on what I've seen so far. If the coach can build a base of stability, which takes years, then I think that puts CU in a position to hang around the middle of the conference most years with a few shots at the top when things fall into place (talented seniors at QB and o-line) and maybe an occasional season or two near the bottom when you lose key guys. I think that's a realistic goal for CU unless CU is willing to do the things that the upper echelon programs do to be in contention for conference championships most every year (Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma, Oregon recently, USC traditionally, etc.).

Oh my god..........

and people are agreeing with you!

:scared2: :scared2:

Not 7-8 years of 2 wins. But 7-8 years of gradual progress. Bowl games every year (except probably next, although we need 5-6 wins minimum.)

Not 7-8 years of 2 wins. But 7-8 years of gradual progress. Bowl games every year (except probably next, although we need 5-6 wins minimum.)

Check out post #18. Colorado Track Fan wants to retain Mac for 7-8 years no matter what. Talk about a lack of accountability.

Check out post #18. Colorado Track Fan wants to retain Mac for 7-8 years no matter what. Talk about a lack of accountability.

I offered supporting logic. Yes, in CU's situation, keeping THIS coach for 7-8 years is better in the long term than blowing up the program AGAIN and rolling the dice with some unknown entity. Your assumption is that if he's not good in 3 years he'll never be good. I don't buy that paradigm.

I offered supporting logic. Yes, in CU's situation, keeping THIS coach for 7-8 years is better in the long term than blowing up the program AGAIN and rolling the dice with some unknown entity. Your assumption is that if he's not good in 3 years he'll never be good. I don't buy that paradigm.

agree! ....unless vince lombardi or better is coming to boulder its time to accept incremental improvement year over year... i know im at least staying to the end of the game this year vs being in the lot drinking beer by halftime in previous years. too many here are living in the past... reality is if cu can get to the middle of the pac 12 on a consistant basis and every so often when stars align get into top 3 or 4 that is about best case here

This is just an awful, awful idea.

agree! ....unless vince lombardi or better is coming to boulder its time to accept incremental improvement year over year... i know im at least staying to the end of the game this year vs being in the lot drinking beer by halftime in previous years. too many here are living in the past... reality is if cu can get to the middle of the pac 12 on a consistant basis and every so often when stars align get into top 3 or 4 that is about best case here

And this, in a nutshell, is why we are a laughingstock and why Mac might have the easiest job in college football.

If he isn't winning by at least year 4, then it should be talked about changing things. 7-8 years? That's a lifetime in football these days.

take a tour of the pac 12 guys.... we are all excited about our new facilities???? i am too but this just brings us to the year 2000

take a tour of the pac 12 guys.... we are all excited about our new facilities???? i am too but this just brings us to the year 2000

Wrong. This thing was marketed as a bare bones, essentials type project. Everything I have read from the Design Review Board makes me think that is not the case.

How many other pac-12 facilities are going to have a dedicated high performance sports research facility, in the building? I will wait here for that.

Will we match Oregon's football palace? No. Will be top half, if not top quarter? Absolutely. Remember this also just phase 1 as well.

and once we start winning and have sell outs or close to it, the recruits are going to flock.
CU on a beautiful fall afternoon or night and a packed house, there is not many stadiums in the country even to compete with that atmosphere. IMO

and once we start winning and have sell outs or close to it, the recruits are going to flock.
CU on a beautiful fall afternoon or night and a packed house, there is not many stadiums in the country even to compete with that atmosphere. IMO

do agree that a packed or close to packed folsom will help! i picture myself as a recruit visiting with whole sections basically empty... against uw granted 11am kickoff it looked like about 150 students were at the game and it didnt even fill up much after that... my highschool drew more students

do agree that a packed or close to packed folsom will help! i picture myself as a recruit visiting with whole sections basically empty... against uw granted 11am kickoff it looked like about 150 students were at the game and it didnt even fill up much after that... my highschool drew more students
Well the UW was also the night after Halloween so anyone expecting many students to show up that early is crazy

You seem to have a lot of negative energy and zero tolerance for the opinions of others. Lots of name calling and insults. And you'll likely respond to this with some kind of angry post. Lighten up, dude. Or not, whatever.
Sorry I find it absolutely pathetic that you are sitting here advocating that a guy who is coaching at the 2nd highest level and is being paid millions to do so should have no expectations for damn near a decade. If that offends you then I don't know what to tell you.

"they" never did show up
My point

Your supporting evidence was basically continuity ftw. The only thing you really mentioned in particular was recruiting relationships, which should have been forged already in California when he hired Mac and other places by now. It doesn't take 6 ****ing years to establish relationships.. This isn't even getting into who actually does most of the recruiting. (tip, it's not the head coach)

You mention ebbs and flows in the W-L column, but make no mention of bowl games, which leads me to believe you're talking about ebbing and flowing our way from 5 wins to 1 win in a given season. Am I to assume that is correct?

You guys talk more and more like me everyday. Next thing you know, you'll have afros and big dicks.

Back