What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your favorite all-time Buff player

I was 1995-1999. So my favorites are probably

1. Koy Detmer

Koy-Detmer-123096.jpg

2. Rashidi Barnes (I loved Rashidi)

FYiLzXIVUAArGPP.jpg

3. Jashon Sykes (he was an absolute monster as a freshman in Lincoln in 1998)

jashon-sykes-of-the-colorado-buffalos-tackles-a-player-during-the-game-against-the-colorado-state.jpg

Mine was Chris Brown.

If he hadn't missed 2 1/2 games in 2002, I'm convinced he'd have won the Heisman despite the team being only pretty good.

And, of course, this is permanently embedded in my soul as one of the best days of my life:

He was awesome but don’t forget about Cortlen Johnson. He got hurt before 62-36 or it would have been him that started that game

Guess I’m feeling extra wordy today. Sorry in advance. Mine is someone that won’t ring familiar to most.

Josh Foster. Was an offensive tackle from 1998-2002. Before my family lived in CO full time, we would road trip up for every home game from Nebraska. We’d stay at the Omni Hotel because the team stayed there. When I was really young I’d stand in the lobby to say hi to players and get a football or jersey etc. signed. When I was 5, Josh’s freshman year, I was standing in the lobby as I did and he was one of the first to walk in. I asked if he would sign my jersey and he jokingly responded “oh man I’m just a freshman lineman you don’t want my signature, you should get Mike’s (Moschetti) signature” I told him I wanted both. After that, he remembered me and came over to say hi and talk to me/the family at the Omni every weekend for the next 5 years. He gave me tours of the athletic facility and got a bunch of players to sign a poster board with game pictures, dinner with the lineman etc. Meant a lot to me as a kid. Just a genuinely nice dude going out of his way to make a kid’s weekend every home football game for 5 years straight

Rashan Salaam
Chris Brown
James Kidd (played against him in high school. Had to wear his name on my helmet to play him in practice during Elk Grove week. Did the same for Rae Carruth during Valley week, but for obvious reasons …)

Bloom, Spruce, Chis Hudson (let’s be honest, the 94 roster)

If we are talking about connecting with a player when he was here, I’m going with Keith English. Freshman punter, 1984. Lived across the hall from me in the dorm. Just a super nice dude.
If we’re talking “connecting with a player”, when I was a freshman, I was dating a girl in my dorm for about two weeks but stayed “floor friends” after we stopped. About a month after we stopped, Kordell Stewart started dating her (kinda interesting in retrospect) so would hang out in her room, so everyone on our floor would be hanging.*

* two years later, a girl I had been seeing ended up dating Steve Rosga.

Back