What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your favorite CU game

lvbuff

Mine was at OU in the late 90s when I think Ced Cormier blew out his ACL on a punt return. That sucked but what was priceless is it was OU homecoming. There were a ton of bow head girls surrounding our seats. These two guys show up incredibly intoxicated. About 10 minutes into the 1st quarter one of them projectile vomits on all of the bow heads a few rows below him. Luckily the wind was at our back. For the rest of the game the rows below me were cleared out.

**** those Sooners

62-36 is one of the first football games I remember start to finish so that is obviously number one. It was just awesome to see everyone in Denver excited about the game and to see us dominate.

The lightning game at mile high was epic and one of my first college football experiences in person.

Georgia in 2010 was A blast since we had just got our first house As sophomores, three a huge pregame, went to franklin, and then the game. Georgia fans were awesome to be around and campus was electric. Probably the most fun we all had until the Washington State game in 2016.

CSU 2016 was hilarious.

WSU was probably the best game I have ever been to. It was perfect timing, epic tailgating with about 45 people, some scary moments and a dominating finish. Couldn’t really ask for better and it was perfect football weather.

17-3 vs Ok. State in 1994, it was the first game I went to, my grandma worked for the University and took me to the game for my birthday. I got to sit right by Ralphie's pen which I thought was the best seat in the whole stadium. Rashaan Salaam finally took over the game towards the end of the 3rd quarter.

The 1991 Orange Bowl is the first game I remember watching with my Dad and Uncles, all of us muttering some version of "don't kick it to the Rocket," lots of swearing, then lots of cheering about a penalty, good times.

Miracle at Michigan

Amazing game and one of the greatest plays in college football history.

This game taught me to not give up until it's over, I'd normally watch the whole games with my Dad and Uncles, but went to play outside because the game was over after the Kordell fumble at the goal line. Luckily my uncle called me back inside to see the hail mary.

I understand this is the football board, but the thread title is favorite CU game so...
CU 60 - Kansas 59 in 2003, chanted "Harry Potter, Harry Potter" every time Kirk Hinrich touched the ball, and we convinced ourselves that we got inside his head and knocked him off his game. Stephane Pelle was a scorer in that game and hit the winning shot. Just an awesome game and an awesome team that season with David Harrsion, Michel Morandais, Blair Wilson, and Pelle.

There are so many. Getting to the Freedom Bowl in 85. Win over the Corn in 86. 89 game FLA mentioned above and I was one who stormed the field. 90 with the win over the domers. Being in the Big House for the 94 Miracle. 62-36 nuff said. And there are so many others. All have provided some of the best memories I have with friends and family. Big part of the last 35 years of my life and I really hope to see us add to those memories this year.

This is it for me as well. Incredible game. Unbelievable feeling afterwards watching all the stunned corn heads shuffle out of the stadium in total disbelief. Campbell on the reverse FTMFW!
Same. They started the season 0-4, starting with losing to the frickin lambs! No one could know it at the time but that game laid the foundation for the National Championship, IMO. It got everyone, most importantly the players, believing they could be special.

Attended: Utah 2016

Watched: 62-36. Was the first Buffs game I ever watched. I'd been beginning to think about where I wanted to go to college, and always dreamed of moving to a mountain state. I'd begun to strongly consider CU. Just so happened that while with family for the weekend the game was on. I watched the whole thing and instantly became a Buffs fan. Didn't attend for undergrad, but eventually got to Boulder for my master's degree.

For me, no question, 20-10 over the nubs. That game broke a ridiculously long losing streak to the corn, and was the lynch pin for a decade of sustained success.

Honorable Mention to:
10-9 over Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl - National Champions baby!
Miracle in Michigan - miracles are almost never overrated.
62-36 which is most worthy since it put the fatal crack in the nub Dam of Invincibility.

Back