What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your final thoughts on 2018 recruiting class?

Sykobuff

Espn #41
Rivals. #53
Pac 12 Tied for 9th.

Like the qb,rb transfer, wr group and db's along with juco lb Taylor. Antwine a great get too.

Overall, average class and this has to improve. Late coaching signings hurt a bit.

Next year must be better, looking forward to seeing what ambrose and the DL coach can do.

Buffs and beavers only teams with no 4 star recruits on rivals.
Looking forward to spring ball and a winning season, it's a must.

Last edited:
Solid, if unspectacular class. Meets a lot of needs and upgrades talent in a few key positions. Future classes need to have some more high end star power if we want to be anything more than a perennial 6-8 place team in the PAC 12.

I think it’s real solid. There are guys who I don’t blame MM for not caring about the recruiting rankings. Taylor, Stanley, Antwine, and Abrams are all 4* players with 4* offer lists and it’s offensive they didn’t all get recruiting bumps on the main sites.

Then you have guys like Filip, Maddox, and Jones who had serious teams coming after them late. Those guys should all be high 3*s.

Then I think the rest of the class is filled with mid 3* guys with a couple of reaches. Overall, it’s still not good enough and there’s no reason to be this low in the rankings but I ultimately think it’s a better class than it is currently ranked.

I feel a little flat right now, but I think we got a solid class. I hope we land a few more 4* obviously, but this class will help continue the upward trend for CU football.
I was happy after the first signing day, when we held onto all but one of our commits. So I am sure I will be pumped up after coach MacIntyre introduces the team.

ESPN has us at #40 and #6 in the PAC 12
Quantity and Quality
If we could somehow get 2-3 big and solid DL next year, I feel like we can keep moving forward.
would like to be in the 20's from now on.
How the F*** did Baylor put together a good recruiting class (#19 in ESPN)??? Team sucks, Coach sucks and tried to leave. Call the FBI!!!

I like the class. We got some 4* guys, filled needed holes and lots of guys have really good offer lists.

But...we need higher ranked classes to compete with USC and potentially revitalized UCLA, AZ and ASU.

Mixed feelings I guess.

This kind of class will play 0.500 ball.

Recruiting has to improve.

There are a few bright spots. But lower third of P12 overall. You can’t win regularly at that level especially when two of your South opponents loaded up and others placed ahead of you.

MM was out-recruited by Herm Edwards.

Oy.

Thought overall it filled a lot of holes and created the potential to have a better team than last. I like Ray and Taylor a lot. McMillian could be a great replacement (Id like to see Fontenout get touches too). Antwine has all the hype and appears to be a big body, along with Johnson. Filip could really be a force and I like Darrion Jones, that's a lot of speed for that size. Adding size in the trenches was key. Overall I think it was a solid class. B/C

This kind of class will play 0.500 ball.

Recruiting has to improve.

There are a few bright spots. But lower third of P12 overall. You can’t win regularly at that level especially when two of your South opponents loaded up and others placed ahead of you.

MM was out-recruited by Herm Edwards.

Oy.
No doubt recruiting has to improve but come on now, CU and ASU basically have identical classes. Not a very good example especially since recruiting was supposed to be the biggest plus for herm.

No doubt recruiting has to improve but come on now, CU and ASU basically have identical classes. Not a very good example especially since recruiting was supposed to be the biggest plus for herm.

isn't that kind of a massive indictment of our class that it's pretty much equal to a transition class under a guy that is legit shocked there isn't a high school football draft

isn't that kind of a massive indictment of our class that it's pretty much equal to a transition class under a guy that is legit shocked there isn't a high school football draft
Maybe, they closed on some guys this afternoon which was surprising but today is probably the highlight of asu’s year based on their staff hires.

Herm did well today. Closed on 4 stars. Lost a close one to Neb. Improved their position, team.

You can see the athleticism improving. Coaches need to turn that into wins to accelerate it into several 4* per cycle.

I suppose if we look at average stars, our class was in the 35ish range, but we need to be better.

Not bad. We added some solid talent to the roster. On the other hand - if you want to be a contender, you have to recruit like a contender and we are not there yet. Next year's recruiting cycle tells a lot. Do we have the coaches to recruit the best? Will we win enough to attract the best? We have another recruiting year like this one and we will be hovering a game or two over 500 for a while and I don't think that is what most of us have in mind.

If, next year, we lose and have a similar class, he should be gone.

If, next year, we win and have a similar recruiting class, I’d want him to be gone but it probably wouldn’t happen. If we win, and have a 50th ranked class (I don’t know the size of next year’s class), we are never going to contend for much of anything under this regime. We can’t continue with nothing but 3 starish recruits.

That said, I’m hopeful and believe that we will win AND recruit much better.

I think it’s real solid. There are guys who I don’t blame MM for not caring about the recruiting rankings. Taylor, Stanley, Antwine, and Abrams are all 4* players with 4* offer lists and it’s offensive they didn’t all get recruiting bumps on the main sites.

Then you have guys like Filip, Maddox, and Jones who had serious teams coming after them late. Those guys should all be high 3*s.

Then I think the rest of the class is filled with mid 3* guys with a couple of reaches. Overall, it’s still not good enough and there’s no reason to be this low in the rankings but I ultimately think it’s a better class than it is currently ranked.

Pretty much this. Had they reached a bowl I hope it would have finished better so they did themselves no favors with how the season on and off the field went. Think staff changes will improve recruiting for 2019...if get 7+ wins I would expect a much better ranking.

This is a class that has some players who will be good down the road, which is fine if you can maintain that each and every year without major attrition and very minimal injuries. I don't see a player who is an absolute stud (except for Taylor and McMillian, who I think will be very good).

We keep saying recruiting needs to improve each and every year. I am convinced this is what recruiting looks like under MM. He's had plenty of time to change that and given plenty of time to change that. I do like the assistants he has brought in this year and think that will help a little, but I just don't ever see top 25 consistent recruiting classes under MM.

I think one way to judge a class and the trajectory of the program is to compare the current class to the class from 4 years previous.

2017 was a lot better than 2013.
2018 was a lot better than 2014.

This is a class that has some players who will be good down the road, which is fine if you can maintain that each and every year without major attrition and very minimal injuries. I don't see a player who is an absolute stud (except for Taylor and McMillian, who I think will be very good).

We keep saying recruiting needs to improve each and every year. I am convinced this is what recruiting looks like under MM. He's had plenty of time to change that and given plenty of time to change that. I do like the assistants he has brought in this year and think that will help a little, but I just don't ever see top 25 consistent recruiting classes under MM.

Well said.

The "next year's class HAS to be better" narrative on signing day is a fun Allbuffs tradition.

Last edited:
Back