What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your Proudest moments as a Buff

1. Sitting in Sec 114 watching Chris Brown shred the Butthuskers for 6 TD's
2. I think it was 1990 and KSU had us down by 4 with about 3.5 minutes remaining in a game. I was standing in the N/W corner by the endzone. And watched Kordell lead the Buffs 80 yds down the field with a TD pass to Carruth (caught the pass right in front of me)to win the game with about a minute left. To see there fans go from agony to defeat, was something to behold. Not to mention the TD catch.
3. Beating Texass for the 1st Big 12 Championship!!!
4. After reading Alfreds post, I have to add watching my wife and son graduate from the school of Med & Pharmacy.
2. That was '93.

Sorry guys, I know this is related to football, but my proudest moment will be between 4 and 5 PM on Thursday when my daughter graduates with a CU diploma!! :thumbsup:

congrats and rep for the heck of it!
:thumbsup:

create a photobucket account. load it on there, and then use the weblink they give you for the photo. click the little yellow mountain picture and paste that she-it.

you too, dbt.

The smaller pic was the set up play for the game winning FG! Obviosly when I took this pic, there was some doubt at that point if it was going to be good or not?

th_DSC00788.jpg
DSC00789.jpg

Do you have the first photo larger size?

I want to look a little closer at what was happening there, if you don't mind.

Besides the obvious ones that have been discussed and almost all of 1990, here are mine.
1) Jeff C. point at Sal after scoring the first TD of the 90 season. Still makes me cry.
2) Watching Ralfie drop the handlers and take a "B" line at Bosworth and the Sooners.
3) Salams run to go above 2000. Didn't he only need 3 yards before his long TD run? He threw the ball right over my head, if only I was taller!

1989, I was working at a TV station in Cedar Rapids, we traveled to Ames for the Iowa State game. I wore my colors head to toe and sat in the press box. Looked kinda bad, Hagan fumbled and Blaise Bryant had a touchdown I think for the Cyclones. We were tied/trailing 2/3 of the through the 1st quarter ... and several of the TV/press people from Des Moines and Cedar Rapids were smiling in my direction.

But then, we shifted up a gear and ran FREAKING roughshod, final was about 55-10 if I recall.

The press box was silent, and I made a point of catching the eyes of several of the more obnoxious guys. Pulled off my CU stuff and did a live shot back home, spoke plenty loud, lined up with all the cameras.

That was a good day, that was a proud day.

it happens all the time...some that come immediately to mind:

• watching kordell stewart throw the hail mary from a friend's wedding reception in napa...the whole reception party was buzzing about it after that...
  • watching the buffs beat wva in overtime in the hospitality suite of a golf event i was involved with in wisconsin last year...
  • feeling the satisfied buzz as the crowd walked out of the stadium after 62-36, and when we beat ou in boulder a couple years ago, and when we beat csu in invesco numerous times...
  • yesterday, in the atlanta airport, wearing my buff ballcap and hoodie, after asking one of the tsa screeners if his lane was open...his response, "only for buff fans!"...
it is great to be alive and to be a buff fan...

:thumbsup:

:woot:

:gobuffs:

it happens all the time...some that come immediately to mind:

• yesterday, in the atlanta airport, wearing my buff ballcap and hoodie, after asking one of the tsa screeners if his lane was open...his response, "only for buff fans!"...
I had something similar happen in NYC a couple weekends ago. At Citi field, I was walking up the stairs to go get a beer. A guy sees my CU shirt and says "Hey!!! GO BUFFS!!!"

I make sure to wear Buff gear wherever I go, just because I know something like that is bound to happen, even in New York City.

I also LOVED IT when the Sooner Schooner tipped over at Folsom - I think that was 1994... can anyone confirm?

I also LOVED IT when the Sooner Schooner tipped over at Folsom - I think that was 1994... can anyone confirm?

wikipedia:

In 1993, after a late-game field goal against the University of Colorado, the Schooner took a corner too sharply and tipped over. The driver, flag-waver, and RUF/NEK queen fell out of the Schooner. This made national news because the queen was not wearing underwear.

Last edited:
Long post....

The win over OU in '07. Both teams made mistakes, but it was nice to see the Buffs being competitive with what ended up being the Big 12 Champ. No one saw it coming, even in a year of upsets.

The 30-6 over TT in '06. Seriously, the team did not want to go down as the worst Buff team in history (even though they tied the losing streak) and TT had no shot at all. The student section, for the most part, failed to show up, but those that did were the rabid, diehard fans that represent the university well even to this day. Utter domination of a good team in a really down year.

When I graduated in Folsom in May '07. I had actually graduated that December, but due to the blizzard of '06 I was able to walk with my friends in May. Turned out to be a major blessing. I flew out my parents since they couldn't afford to fly out themselves and showed them around Boulder and the university. My parents had always felt bad that they couldn't send me to the school of my choice for ugrad, but I had managed to get grad school paid for by my company and I chose CU over others. My parents were really proud of me and, especially my mom, loved that I was able to attend a school that I had a strong desire to attend. Ugrad was very difficult for me, especially socially, and things at CU were a 180 degree turnaround (my parents adored my friends as well).

The CSU game in '07. I didn't get to attend the game at all, but it's the story, not the end result. My mom had a heart attack the week before and was recovering from minor surgery the week of the game. I had seen her in the hospital and called her everyday to see when she was going to be released from the hospital. She was released the day before the game and I called her to ask her how to make breakfast burritos (her specialty). My aunt later told me that she appreciated the call and just the idea that I always needed her. At 6am the next day I received a call from my Dad that she had had another heart attack and was in a coma. My good friend drove me to the airport, I somehow made it to El Paso and my brother picked me up from the airport (about 45 minutes away from home). I was at her bedside when my friends all sent me a text message that CU had won the game and that the burritos I had made the night before were great. My mother died 19 days later.

So my proudest moments don't stem from necessarily having an awesome football team (although it certainly helps), but when I realize how much CU meant and still means to me. My friends, the memories, the studying, the partying, the late nights, the stress, the relief, meeting new people (both good and assholes) and trying new things. Even when things seem bad, nothing could take away the experience I had at CU...and that's why I'll always be proud to be a Buff.

wikipedia:

I remember the schooner tipping over and watching those people fly off just as it was starting to tip. It looked straight out of a cartoon. I laughed for a half hour!!! Still laugh whenever I think about it. That had to be one of their most embarrasing moments in OU lore. OU people don't even like to talk about it.

I remember the schooner tipping over and watching those people fly off just as it was starting to tip. It looked straight out of a cartoon. I laughed for a half hour!!! Still laugh whenever I think about it. That had to be one of their most embarrasing moments in OU lore. OU people don't even like to talk about it.

I looked for it on youtube, surely somebody could upload that one.
Nuthing.

I looked for it on youtube, surely somebody could upload that one.
Nuthing.

I seriously doubt you will find it on the OU webpage. But I think your right, someone has to have the film somwhere. Afterall, someone in the media had to have filmed it. We were not sitting very far from it when it happened and I was thinking at the time, I sure wish I had my 8MM camera with me then!

It may have happened in OK, but it also happend at Folsom. I was there and saw it.

I was at the 93 game in Norman and the 94 game at Folsom. Unless they brought the Schooner to Boulder another year (and it happened twice), it was definitely in Norman.

EDIT: Which brings me to one of my proudest moments as a Buff fan. I went "home" to OKC for the first time my freshman year for the game in Norman in 93. I had the time of my life going out with my high school friends after the game that evening wearing my black and gold.

[/LIST]
I had something similar happen in NYC a couple weekends ago. At Citi field, I was walking up the stairs to go get a beer. A guy sees my CU shirt and says "Hey!!! GO BUFFS!!!"

I make sure to wear Buff gear wherever I go, just because I know something like that is bound to happen, even in New York City.
I spent 8 days in London on a family vacation, wearing my Buff cap everyday. We probably walked past tens of thousands of people, and not one said anything about the Buffs. I was disappointed.

Hard not to say Chris Brown and Bobby Purify shredding the #1 shucksters behind that great line, but I'll pick Deon Figures breaking up consecutive Mark Brunell passes in the end zone to beat that great Washington team in 1990.

Back