What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your top coaching candidates

AZ thinks it's McCartney, Calhoun or McElwain, with McCartney at a 60% chance.

I'd love to see Bill involved in the program as a consultant or assistant to the head coach, but I need someone to talk me into having a 70 year old head football coach.

Especially one that hasn't even been coaching in like 16 years or whatever it is. I suppose if he can bring back EB and Embree along with some other good coaches, I'll be pretty pumped.

Outside of Mac (with EB and/or Embree), I don't want guys that are either ex-CU or just have ties to the state of Colorado. That means no Logan, no Calhoun (I really don't get what's special about Calhoun), no Kubiak (if he were available), no Dennison, ..... I want us to look across the country to find a top OC or DC from a major/winning program. I don't know anything about him other than the little bit I've read, but McElwain would fit that bill for me. McGee would also appear to fit that bill. I would prefer to avoid the hot prospect coach at a non-bcs school (looking at you Peterson and Patterson)

I'm just worried that given Bohn's past performance in finding coaches, it'll be a quick set of 1-3 candidates, and we'll end up with the cheapest option (either Mac - fine with that, or else Calhoun - not thrilled with it).

Back