What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA DE Chidera Uzo-Diribe (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '10 CA DE Chidera Uzo-Diribe (Soft Verbal to Colorado)

I guess I'm of the mind that if a kid commits, until he de-commits, I hate changing it to "soft verbal" as I don't know what it means.

He's taking visits, okay, but did he say somewhere he was wavering?

Whatever you want, I was just meddling in your forum :lol:

Re: '10 CA DE Chidera Uzo-Diribe (Softish Verbal to Colorado)

I hate to say it because I really want this kid here but anytime a kid is visiting other places he is not solid. We can call it a strong lean or any number of other things but it means that he is still listening to other schools. Of course none of this from slight lean to solid verbal means anything until his name is on the LOI anyways.

Re: '10 CA DE Chidera Uzo-Diribe (Soft Verbal to Colorado)

I guess I'm of the mind that if a kid commits, until he de-commits, I hate changing it to "soft verbal" as I don't know what it means.

He's taking visits, okay, but did he say somewhere he was wavering?

I think we should have left it as it was just because "soft verbal" sounds really disgusting.

I've always kind of thought that it should be "Verbal to Colorado" until National Signing Day. No one's really committed until then.

I've always kind of thought that it should be "Verbal to Colorado" until National Signing Day. No one's really committed until then.

Verbal, or committed, works for me.

This "soft" or "softish" or "sorta soft" verbal could be insulting to the player who thinks he's committed.

I'm good with "whatever." That way the recruiting websites are mostly meaningless until signing day and a lot of the stupid hyperbole could disappear. No, I guess not. Sigh.

Expect an upgrade to 3* on Rivals when they post his new rating. :thumbsup:

Can we change it back to "verbal commitment" until he announces otherwise?

Re: '10 CA DE Chidera Uzo-Diribe (Verbal to Colorado)

Awesome!

Think he ends up elsewhere, but keeping my fingers crossed.

Rivals has updated his rating. Diribe is now a 3* prospect. :thumbsup:

what? A defensive lineman recruit? This can't be right.. :lol:

Need about 4 more Talkins.. :thumbsup:

I think he'll end up sticking with the Buffs

I think he'll end up sticking with the Buffs

That would be great. He's a 4* talent who just hasn't played enough football and needs some time to develop.

This line is applied to FAR too many of Hawks recruits.

I totally agree. We're recruiting a lot of raw prospects with some widely-recruited guys sprinkled in. We've got to flip that and winning next year's the only way that happens. Fortunately, we've now built enough depth that guys have a chance to develop. Except for 1 WR and our d-linemen, we were able to redshirt the entire freshman class this year. Opportunity for a special talent to play as a true frosh at CU... but we aren't forced to play guys before they're ready now.

Re: '10 CA DE Chidera Uzo-Diribe (Committed to Colorado)

More excellent recruiting news for tonight: Uzo-Diribe has announced that he is now a solid CU commitment and will not take any more visits. :woot:

Some of you are going to be surprised by this, but... the reason he was a soft verbal before was Hawkins' status. The announcement that Hawkins is back was the reason he changed to a solid commit.

More excellent recruiting news for tonight: Uzo-Diribe has announced that he is now a solid CU commitment and will not take any more visits. :woot:

Some of you are going to be surprised by this, but... the reason he was a soft verbal before was Hawkins' status. The announcement that Hawkins is back was the reason he changed to a solid commit.

Good for them for staying with the program.

In the new article http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1023034, Diribe confirms his commitment. He also says he will not play basketball this winter because he wants to focus on weight training (particularly upper body strength) so he can come to CU as prepared as possible.

Hate to say it, but the other offers and visit invites just never came for whatever reason... I believe that is why he is now solid.

Hate to say it, but the other offers and visit invites just never came for whatever reason... I believe that is why he is now solid.

Understandable, and I think we do seem to battle it out against the MAC and such for recruits too much, but I'd say Hawks' under the radar type of recruits work out pretty well. Just going back to last year, West seems like a keeper, and from all reports, Olatoye is a player. Before that Speedy was the epitome of under the radar prospect.

It seems like this year we're going after a lot more lightly recruited types. They are getting bumped up to 3* or so by the services, but the offers seem to be lacking, not sure why. Maybe once they commit and blow up as Seniors, they just told other teams thanks, but no thanks.

Back