What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Signed to Colorado)

Ideally - yes. Realistically, I have no idea. But my preference would be to get Hansen the most reps in Spring and Fall Camp, with Evans right behind him. Cody needs to start his coaching career.

Realistically, I think it's more likely that CH will get some starts than be 3rd string. DH hasn't proved that he is dedicated to winning over all else (and I don't mean to the detriment of players or the program).

The idea that Cody Hawkins is going to be demoted to third string is more wishful thinking than anything else. He will get a good amount of playing time next season.

The idea that Cody Hawkins is going to be demoted to third string is more wishful thinking than anything else. He will get a good amount of playing time next season.

Which is why I said "ideally". I have little faith that Danny will do the right thing in this situation.

Barring injury, I'd be very surprised if anyone got game snaps next year besides Tyler and Cody.

But Nick's obviously a smart guy and he's getting here early. Grasping the offense shouldn't be a problem. It's great that he's getting here early to compete.

I wonder if Clark Evans will get any reps at all? With the way things seem to be headed, it would be a waste for Cody to take snaps away from anyone else. A redshirt season for Nick would be a good thing.

Unless Nick comes in and tears it up, he should be redshirting this season. We finally have some QB depth and most freshman QB's should be redshirting.

Awesome, I was afraid he might delay enrollment to have a look around. Learn that playbook Nick and tear it up!

Cody as a backup would be fine, especially if Hansen goes down. As far as Evans, I hope he gets some time in mop-up time before Cody. Both are in a quasi-2nd/3rd string QB. Evan does need to start getting some reps with the first team though.

Cody as a backup would be fine, especially if Hansen goes down. As far as Evans, I hope he gets some time in mop-up time before Cody. Both are in a quasi-2nd/3rd string QB. Evan does need to start getting some reps with the first team though.

Have we ever beat someone bad enough to get someone mop up duty under Hawk? Miami of OH is the only team I can think of that we truly spanked.

I realize these guys could be mop up duty if we are on the other side of the whooping, but just once it would be nice for us to be able to put in the second stringers for the whole second half.

20 frickin' pages and I'm sick of seeing the name "buffturd" as the originator of this thread,. Can we change that? So much time is spent focusing on not bashing recruits in this forum, then we let "buffturd" go for weeks. Really?

20 frickin' pages and I'm sick of seeing the name "buffturd" as the originator of this thread,. Can we change that? So much time is spent focusing on not bashing recruits in this forum, then we let "buffturd" go for weeks. Really?

Sorry "Creebuzz" that you don't like my screen name because yours is much better. I know I am an unknown quantity because I only have one post - unlike some I only speak out when there is something really to say. Couldn't think of anything truely cool as a screen name but rest assured that my heart pumps black and gold. I'm a CU grad and followed them when they were horrible in the 80's and still stand by them today. Didn't mean to offend anyone, thought it was kinda funny, kind of a take off of the buffalo chip.

Sorry "Creebuzz" that you don't like my screen name because yours is much better. I know I am an unknown quantity because I only have one post - unlike some I only speak out when there is something really to say. Couldn't think of anything truely cool as a screen name but rest assured that my heart pumps black and gold. I'm a CU grad and followed them when they were horrible in the 80's and still stand by them today. Didn't mean to offend anyone, thought it was kinda funny, kind of a take off of the buffalo chip.

Honestly, I took you as a troll with the 1 post and the unusual handle. But, if you are BnG and like the name, I'll shut my pie hole. I suppose your handle is descriptive of our level of play this past few years.

Back