What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Committed to Colorado)

:scared2::ahhhhh:

Fla Buff would like to speak to you, and he doesn't look happy.

If I can give you one piece of advice that may save your life if things get ugly: Snuggies are not flame retardant (however those that wear them are half way there).

I got word 2nd hand that Nick will be enrolling for the Spring semester.

would be nice to see Nick and Tyler at spring ball competing!!

Would rather Nick RS...How many frosh QBs really make an impact. Let Clark Evans have his shot and Nick gets his in 2011.

Would rather Nick RS...How many frosh QBs really make an impact. Let Clark Evans have his shot and Nick gets his in 2011.

Agree fully, TH has earned his shot at leading the team through the off-season and from the start. CE has been here working and learning to be ready if TH cannot take the reigns and go with them.

If Nick is a supertalent then things change but the adjustment to college ball from HS is a huge one. Give him a year to learn the system, get used to the speed of the players, adjust to being a college student, gain the trust of his teammates. Then he can take a fair shot at earning playing time and becoming our QB of the future.

At the same time don't assume that Nick is going to be handed the job in the future. Depending on the new coach and the offense that he uses things could change. They could also be changed if Munchie comes in and shows that he is the QB we are looking for. If he can be an effective passer his mobility and wheels make him a scary thought for future opponents.

What is clear is that after four years of confusion, physical limitations, etc. the QB position is starting to look like we have real reason for optimism.

hopefully he stays with the buffs after we get our new coach!!

Nick is solid with the buffs and may even enroll early.

No worries. Once you've seen Folsom and the Flatirons, really, the other choices just fade away.

Well on the bright side, we get to keep our recruits and this guy! I have high hopes for Nick Hirschman at CU, possibly as soon as next year.

So does anyone know how his season finished or if his team is still in the playoffs? Did he ever end up tossing a pick?

in his last game he was 11 of 17 passes for 286 yards and two touchdowns, his team is playing in the Division 2 championships (versus Wilcox) this coming Saturday.

Awesome!

awesome.png

GOD DAMN IT NICK 2 WHOLE PICKS WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU :rofl:
in all seriousness i havent been this excited since dscott

I figure Clark Evans called Nicky up and said,
"Dude, what's with the no interceptions? You get to CU everybody's going to make out like you're some kind of superman. Toss a couple easy ones to the other team quick so the Buff fans cut you a little slack. Believe me, I know about high expectations. This is a tough crowd."
:smile2:

I figure Clark Evans called Nicky up and said,
"Dude, what's with the no interceptions? You get to CU everybody's going to make out like you're some kind of Chuck Norris. Toss a couple easy ones to the other team quick so the Buff fans cut you a little slack. Believe me, I know about high expectations. This is a tough crowd."
:smile2:

fify

SIAP, Hirshman's team in the playoffs this Saturday night, 12/5.
Division II final. (Los Gatos won it last year, on a Hirschman TD.)

Here's the preview on our guy's upcoming rivalry game:

Colorado-bound quarterback Nick Hirschman leads the Los Gatos offense with a strong arm and an excellent football IQ. Hirschman has completed 70 percent of his passes for 2,687 yards and 32 touchdowns with just two interceptions.

“I love playing against Wilcox, they have a lot of great athletes with guys like Anthony Herrera and Anthony Pohahau,” Hirschman said. ”Every time we play these guys it seems like it’s a great game. I just want to win this game, it doesn’t matter to me if I throw 30 passes or Cory runs the ball 30 times, winning the championship is what matters.”

LOS GATOS WINS TITLE GAME!

in overtime....

Hirschman threw a strike to Hackman-Salazar over the middle going right to left _ about 15 yards downfield Hackman-Salazar pitched to Andrew Berg who burst to the right sideline for the remaining 55 yards of a 70-yard touchdown getting a key block from Sam Bowers. Heimer’s extra point tied the game.
“We’ve been practicing that play every day waiting for that exact type of situation,” said Hirschman who was 14 of 25 for 192 yards. “For it to work like that with two minutes left _ that was unreal.”

Stats for Nick:
Los Gatos: Hirschman 14 of 25 for 192 yards with one touchdown and one interception

Awesome, thanks for the post! Don't they have additional state levels of championships in California? Or is his season over now?

Start him. He knows how to win. He's not short. I know it sounds simple. But I want to win some gizzames.

Start him. He knows how to win. He's not short. I know it sounds simple. But I want to win some gizzames.

Cody was also undefeated in High School. The fact that he is "short" is really irrelevant imo

Congrats Nick, and congrats Los Gatos!

Re: '10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Committed to CU)

Is the Los Gatos HS mascot really the Cats? Come on now, folks, be at least a little bit creative. If nothing else, go with Dogs just for the ****s and giggles.

We`ve got a team in our league with a redundent masct.

The Los Osos Grizzlies.
Los Osos means "The Bears"..........thus The Bears Grizzlies.

Re: '10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Committed to CU)

We`ve got a team in our league with a redundent masct.

The Los Osos Grizzlies.
Los Osos means "The Bears"..........thus The Bears Grizzlies.

Wait until your son is in Boulder and wants to get an apartment in Table Mesa. Everytime I drove toward Golden, I laughed when I saw the "Table Table" sign!:thumbsup:

I don't think this was already posted...

Rivals (Adam, the Buff publisher) spoke to Nick's father today and confirmed that Nick will be graduating and enrolling early at CU. He'll be on campus January 11th. :thumbsup:

Rivals (Adam, the Buff publisher) spoke to Nick's father today and confirmed that Nick will be graduating and enrolling early at CU. He'll be on campus January 11th. :thumbsup:

Awesome! Welcome to the Black and Gold Mr. Hirschman. Go Buffs!

Great news! I'd like to see him push Tyler, along with Evans, for the starting job this Spring.

Can I get a rep for breaking this news in November, bitches?

Last edited:
Back