What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 UT RB Harvey Langi (Signedl to Utah)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

194936.jpg

Bingham H.S. (Jordon, UT)

Ht: 6-foot-1
Wt: 208 lbs
40: 4.65 secs

Rivals rating: 4*-5.8rr; #23 ATH
Scout rating: 4*; #13 RB
ESPN rating: 3*-78 grade; #30 RB

Reported Offers: Colorado, Stanford, UCLA, Utah, Washington, BYU, Wyoming

Rivals has changed Langi's designation from RB to ATH. They're seeing him more as an H-Back type since he's a tweener (tall for a RB, but short for a TE).

The next great Buff runningback?

[video=youtube;hIExzx4YJCY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIExzx4YJCY[/video]

is the guys nickname really "the great harvest"?? :rofl: no drug tests for this man!

I like how he just glides through the hole. Not sure how fast he is after that, or how strong, and he needs to stop trying to jump over everyone before he gets killed... but definitely an interesting prospect.

Has visited Utah and UCLA so far. Don't see this one happening he decides at the AAA game I believe

rumblings that there is a chance...

Well he better be visiting this weekend or that chance goes to 0% unless he commits to us without ever visiting campus. This is the last weekend before the dead period (and the last before he announces)

Last edited:
is the guys nickname really "the great harvest"?? :rofl: no drug tests for this man!

I like how he just glides through the hole. Not sure how fast he is after that, or how strong, and he needs to stop trying to jump over everyone before he gets killed... but definitely an interesting prospect.

Not sure if you're serious, but if you are, go to the 3:54 mark in the video Buffnik posted and watch this kid do his best Lawrence Vickers impression...

Not sure if you're serious, but if you are, go to the 3:54 mark in the video Buffnik posted and watch this kid do his best Lawrence Vickers impression...

saw that. was awesome. He just seems to shy away from contact in most of his clips. However, not in that one :smile2:

saw that. was awesome. He just seems to shy away from contact in most of his clips. However, not in that one :smile2:

You need to re-watch Langi's highlights. I'll post some more. The last thing I'd say about him is that he shies away from contact. Where did you get that? This kid is a very physical runner. Job one of a RB, though, is to avoid getting hit/tackled. Great player.

Sophomore highlights:

[video=youtube;nCx5F79Q218]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCx5F79Q218[/video]

The next great Buff runningback?

[video=youtube;hIExzx4YJCY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIExzx4YJCY[/video]
The editing in that video is sooo over the top it's hysterical. The Samuel L Jackson audio clips looped in are a nice touch.

I saw him playing on tv against somebody, dont recall who, he was physical and had good instincts. He'd be a very good get.

You need to re-watch Langi's highlights. I'll post some more. The last thing I'd say about him is that he shies away from contact. Where did you get that? This kid is a very physical runner. Job one of a RB, though, is to avoid getting hit/tackled. Great player.
In the middle of an exam, but let me rephrase. A lot of his big runs come from him bouncing it outside, a common tactic of kids faster than everyone else in HS. It gave me the perception that he didn't want to mix it up inside. It is just a highlight reel, so that makes sense, but I want to see more 1 yard runs that he turned into 5 yards or more based upon punishing the other team, because bouncing it outside in a bigger league usually just gets you tackled for a loss or no gain. However, again, it was just a highlight reel where long runs bounced outside would take precedence. Which is probably why coaches hate highlight reels :smile2:

When I looked at the top schools they were re-organized and CU was first, not sure what that means.

Back