What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 UT RB Harvey Langi (Signedl to Utah)

The next great Buff runningback?

[video=youtube;hIExzx4YJCY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIExzx4YJCY[/video]
Easily the cheesiest highlight vid I've ever seen. Apparently this kid is the Lords "vengeance".

I still hope we get him though. :smile2:

Easily the cheesiest highlight vid I've ever seen. Apparently this kid is the Lords "vengeance".

I still hope we get him though. :smile2:

Yeah. Overproduced.

In case we've got any high school players or parents reading, a word of advice. Don't spend the money on something like that. College recruiters will want a highlight video that shows examples of the different aspects of playing the position (nothing speeded up). If it looks good, they'll want full game film and decide off of that.

If I would compare him to someone it would be Mark Ingram from Bama. Big guy, very good balance, sudden burst of speed, appears to have a good top end speed and has got Power. I would like to see him playing for us over the next few years.

BYU board is saying that he may not be a great fit for them. The 411 is that Langi is a 420 guy. Boulder may look good. He has yet to take any visits. Langi would be the power back CU needs.

Apparently, he got a pretty minor trespassing charge for hanging out in a vacant, half completed house. Cop said he smelled weed, but he passed a drug test. Sounds like an overreaction from BYU morality police. Rumor is he may be an academic risk, so Stanford out. Utah, or USC if they offer him, seem like biggest competition.

He may be an academic risk for Stanford, but I have never seen them offer someone who is an NCAA qualifying risk. Appears bent on leaving the state of Utah (kind of like some of the Colorado kids huh?).

He may be an academic risk for Stanford, but I have never seen them offer someone who is an NCAA qualifying risk. Appears bent on leaving the state of Utah (kind of like some of the Colorado kids huh?).

Yeah, sorry. He is a NCAA qualifier, just a risk for Stanford as you clarified.

This guy is a ridiculous talent. I think he plays like Larry Johnson in the Chiefs days. I think I've seen him rated #12 RB by certain websites. He had Stanford as his #1 for a while, sounds like that has changed. I think we might see a big-time RB sign, but nearly all are verbaled to other places right now. Got to like the playing time, tho.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

(Chris Detrick | The Salt Lake Tribune) Bingham's Harvey Langi poses for a portrait at Butcher Auto Wrecking on Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2010.

All-state football: Langi rolled as Miners’ top gun

^^ the last part of that article, he mentions AP. Very very interesting. I bet with one visit with EB, we could get him to track to be a buff.

Yeah. Overproduced.

In case we've got any high school players or parents reading, a word of advice. Don't spend the money on something like that. College recruiters will want a highlight video that shows examples of the different aspects of playing the position (nothing speeded up). If it looks good, they'll want full game film and decide off of that.
Some coaches to only want one game in a video to, it shows how you do when you're tired etc. Not sure how many are like this but that's how it was for CSU.

Announcing jan 9, and then enrolling. Not good since he hasn't even had a chance to visit us yet.

If I would compare him to someone it would be Mark Ingram from Bama. Big guy, very good balance, sudden burst of speed, appears to have a good top end speed and has got Power. I would like to see him playing for us over the next few years.

he reminds me of Darrell Scott, he likes to bounce it outside instead of initiating contact like Ingram.

We're out of it on this kid

well...MAYBE if SOMEBODY changed his ****ing avatar picture to a certain RB prospect earlier we'd have a chance...way to be on the ball there...

for the record, Spond once was a commitment, but Hawk's teams' performance ****ed that one up - so i still consider you to be batting 100

well...MAYBE if SOMEBODY changed his ****ing avatar picture to a certain RB prospect earlier we'd have a chance...way to be on the ball there...

for the record, Spond once was a commitment, but Hawk's teams' performance ****ed that one up - so i still consider you to be batting 100

Is Cornh8er a ****ing pitcher now? :lol:

Re: Langi

It would be a minor miracle if we landed him. He would have been a great prospect to land. We're going to need to find a big back this cycle. Then, Cordary Allen either needs to step up and win that job or he needs to move to defense.

Some coaches to only want one game in a video to, it shows how you do when you're tired etc. Not sure how many are like this but that's how it was for CSU.

You mean when CSU was putting together highlight reels to get their football players into a real college? I always suspected they'd be a great JUCO.

You mean when CSU was putting together highlight reels to get their football players into a real college? I always suspected they'd be a great JUCO.
LOL no. My mom made a highlight tape for one of my good friends to send to CSU and she talked to the recruiting guy and did some research. Now it didn't matter because he pinched a nerve in his neck and got his scholly revoked but that's besides the point.

LOL no. My mom made a highlight tape for one of my good friends to send to CSU and she talked to the recruiting guy and did some research. Now it didn't matter because he pinched a nerve in his neck and got his scholly revoked but that's besides the point.

Why would a good friend send a highlight tape of your mom to CSU? That doesn't seem like a very good friend.

I dont know how? someone change it for me? Devin Lucien

I am sending a highlight tape of my mom to CSU.
Dude it's not funny. Your mom jokes are ****ing stupid. And I wasn't playing around. That was my friends only chance to go to college was on a full ride.

Dude it's not funny. Your mom jokes are ****ing stupid. And I wasn't playing around. That was my friends only chance to go to college was on a full ride.

Easy there big fella sounds like you need some time on the track. Take BCS with you he could use the fresh air.

Video.

Full rides.

TG's mom.

HOOOOTTTTT. Fact.

I think some of the newbs just don't understand our unique brand of sick humor around here.

Back