What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA OLB Seth Jacobs (Signed to Oklahoma State)

I don't believe beating Sacramento State counts for making the team bowl eligible...so CU has to win 7 games next year (including Sacramento State).
wrong.jpg

I'm confused, what the hell is going on with Jacobs? Why are some people tweeting he's a buff and some don't even have us in his final 3!!!!!

I'm confused, what the hell is going on with Jacobs? Why are some people tweeting he's a buff and some don't even have us in his final 3!!!!!
Dunno either. The good thing is that you will become unconfused in 12 to 18 hours.

Usually we would have heard something from an insider by now. Not sure what to make of this situation

Now, this could be a case of our Buffs being overlooked by Scout/Rivals (as per usual)...but Scout has Jacobs' final three as Arkansas, Okla. State, UCLA.
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1154239.html

Ringo heard Embree say "we're done - we got our class" or something like that and Ringo takes that to mean that the class as published is the class.

There isn't 1 guy who has privately committed to JE and just hasn't publicly announced it yet? That would still make Embree done but we would also still have a surprise or two that he hinted at?

Optimistically speaking, Ringo is confused.

Logically speaking, Ringo probably has the full scoop and we are "done", every which way. Check back tomorrow night I guess.

Too bad if true, but not surprising given some of the mumblings of the past couple days. I was optimistic after his visit and rightfully so. Seth is an excellent fit for our defense and would thrive under Cabral.

Not trying to troll or anything, but was the staff holding out for Jacobs when they told Rippy "thanks but no thanks?"
If so, that'd really suck, losing out on both.
Don't want to derail the discussion, but was kind of wondering. There were some vague "he didn't do the right things" or whatever, but I just wondered if the staff thought they had Jacobs, but now he's going another direction.

Not trying to troll or anything, but was the staff holding out for Jacobs when they told Rippy "thanks but no thanks?"
If so, that'd really suck, losing out on both.
Don't want to derail the discussion, but was kind of wondering. There were some vague "he didn't do the right things" or whatever, but I just wondered if the staff thought they had Jacobs, but now he's going another direction.
No. That is not why the told Rippy "no thanks."

@seanceglinsky
Seth Jacobs from Arroyo Grande (Calif.) is down to final three schools: #Arkansas, #Oklahoma and #Colorado. Details on decision soon.
weird final day

too slow! But not sure how much I buy it since it was OSU, not OU, that was favored.

I don't know. Ceglinsky is kind of a freelance guy and more into hoops (writes for SLAM but also does some ESPN stuff). But, he's in LA so he may have some contacts in the know down in the OC (Arroyo Grande).

Back