What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA QB Shane Dillon (Signed to COLORADO)

Who cares about his stats. Lets judge him by wins!

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

Shane Dillon, 6-6, 195, Christian (El Cajon, Calif.)
Committed to Colorado
Last Week: 10-of-20 for 185 yards and two touchdowns for a 63-42 win over Parker (San Diego, Calif.), team is 9-3.
Season Totals: 199-of-325 for 2,873 yards, 22 touchdowns, nine interceptions and seven rushing touchdowns. Has 6,206 high school career passing yards going into this game.
This Week:
vs. Santa Fe Christian (Solana Beach, Calif.), CIF San Diego Section D5 State Championship Game. At Mesa College 7:00 P.M., 12/09/2011

Committed to Colorado
Last Week: 10-of-20 for 185 yards and two touchdowns for a 63-42 win over Parker (San Diego, Calif.), team is 9-3.
Season Totals: 199-of-325 for 2,873 yards, 22 touchdowns, nine interceptions and seven rushing touchdowns. Has 6,206 high school career passing yards going into this game.
This Week:
vs. Santa Fe Christian (Solana Beach, Calif.), CIF San Diego Section D5 State Championship Game. At Mesa College 7:00 P.M., 12/09/2011

Thanks--good stuff!

Committed to Colorado
This Week:

Nice, I spaced on his game against La Jolla Country Day in November and Mesa College is about 10 minutes away from where I live. I think I'll check it out with my CU hoodie. Thanks for the heads up!

OK, well against my better judgment (I have finals going on right now for grad school, I decided to check out Shane's championship game right here in San Diego. It was actually a VERY entertaining game (Shane's team, Christian El Cajon ended up winning on a last minute field goal while the other team drove down with less than 50 seconds left and tried about a 36 yard field goal as time expired...but it went wide left). But I know why you are in this thread, so I'll simply give you my impressions of Mr. Dillon:

Appearance: The first think you notice is just how skinny he is. He's probably the second-tallest player on offense (next to their behemoth of a WR), but looks like an assortment of toothpicks tied together. But hey, he's a high-schooler, I'm not too worried about that.

Arm: He made some pretty nice throws (see the videos forthcoming if I can figure it out). One of his biggest throws came in the 4th quarter where it was 3rd and 8 from Christian's on 3 yard line. He threw an outside slant that was right on the money. That kept their drive alive and took precious time off the clock while they were still winning. I didn't see any bombs where he just gave it all of his might. There were a few throws of probably 30 yards, where I would guess he put in 85% of his strength. No out patterns, really. I'd say at this point his accuracy is better than his strength.

Decision-making: Keeping in mind this kid is a high school senior, I'd say he's got a pretty good outlook for the next level. There were a few too many times where he'd lock onto one receiver and throw it up--even if the WR was double covered. A few times this resulted in Christian crowd letting out a sort of cautionary groan as the ball floated up into two CBs and one WR. One time he was picked off for that throw around the other team's 7 yard line, another time he was lucky to not have a ball picked off in the endzone.

Legs: I believe he was only sacked once, and his O-line had a hard time keeping a pocket around him. He can move a big outside the pocket, and he's actually quite accurate on the run. I think there's a video of him throwing on the run for about 25 yards down the sideline. From what I saw in one game, he doesn't run like Joel Klatt, but he doesn't run like Tyler Hansen either.

Leadership: This was perhaps his most impressive attribute. He was extremely vocal with his team, and after a good throw or a touchdown, he'd get incredibly pumped. Granted, this WAS the championship game, so who wouldn't be excited, right? Still, he led the team in their pre-2nd half chant and was big on congratulations after a drive ending in a TD. He just seems to have a fire. In fact, on one of his two picks, after the safety was trying to return the ball, Dillon runs up the sideline meets him HEAD ON and gives him quite the pop. You could just tell he was pissed off and wanted to take it out on somebody. I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops that leadership at the next level.

Overall: I'm optimistic. Once he gets into the weightroom a bit more and puts on some pounds he'll look every bit the D-1 college QB. With a bit more muscle, he'll gain a bit more zip on the ball. I forget what he's listed at in terms of height, but I don't think we'll have a problem with him being able to see over the O-line.

A few last mentions: I got a few "Go Buffs!" as I walked around in my CU hoodie, so I'm pretty sure people know where he's going at his school. He is also his team's punter.

Apologies for the quality...but it's only an iphone. I'll put some videos on this post and the other 3 or 4 on the next to try and break up this post.

[video=youtube_share;-Q6nubzkhco]http://youtu.be/-Q6nubzkhco[/video]

[video=youtube_share;irEXYIu83CA]http://youtu.be/irEXYIu83CA[/video]

[video=youtube_share;qTDICBsAL8s]http://youtu.be/qTDICBsAL8s[/video]

[video=youtube_share;xGfTLNBYOY4]http://youtu.be/xGfTLNBYOY4[/video]

[video=youtube_share;bOrORg7XLB8]http://youtu.be/bOrORg7XLB8[/video]

[video=youtube_share;TmdA777UQ8I]http://youtu.be/TmdA777UQ8I[/video]

[video=youtube_share;CYOTqCSEn2k]http://youtu.be/CYOTqCSEn2k[/video]

[video=youtube_share;XzUA1FsAYWI]http://youtu.be/XzUA1FsAYWI[/video]

[video=youtube_share;fkjELoZF850]http://youtu.be/fkjELoZF850[/video]

Again, sorry about the quality, but it's better than nothing for you ABers, right?

NDB just raised the bar!

Allsome! Reptastic!

Thank you for sharing all of this.

NDB just raised the bar!

Allsome! Reptastic!

Thank you for sharing all of this.
:stupid: Couldn't agree more. You went above and beyond the call of duty for us ABers. I think he is definitely promising but he is not as polished as other top rated HS QBs. I am so glad we have Wood and Hirsh and of course Rip. My bet, like I think most Buff fans is that Wood starts the next 2 years, Dillon redshirts next year and probably becomes backup in his RS Freshman year. Completely agree he needs to bulk up because no way with that body he can' take Pac 12 punishment, Then he starts the rest of his career unless he gets beat out but a future recruit.

Dillon needs a redshirt year to learn the play book and get into the weight room. Should play 2 years as a starter for CU.

Last edited:
That's perfect. Shane redshirts his first year, probably travels his r/s frosh year, and then we can talk about his sophomore year. You should be looking at PT by your Junior year at that position.

Having Wood is a blessing.

That's perfect. Shane redshirts his first year, probably travels his r/s frosh year, and then we can talk about his sophomore year. You should be looking at PT by your Junior year at that position.

Having Wood is a blessing.

:wink2:
especially as you age.

Thanks ndb. Some of you should take note -- those posts actually took effort. Something sorely lacking on this (AB) team.

Congrats to Shane and the team. Bring home the championship!

I completely forgot to congratulate Shane on his CIF championship.

Great work, Shane! Hopefully the first of many championships you're part of over the next several years.

:thumbsup:

Due to an injury sustained in his final game, Shane wasn't able to play in the CA state all-star game tonight. He tried to go, but just couldn't do it. Nothing to worry about for the Buffs.

Scout has a fantastic interview with Shane that posted tonight. Definitely worth the full read if you're a Scout subscriber.

“I am still 100% committed to Colorado, maybe even 150%,” commented Dillon. “I am supposed to be taking my official out there on January 20th, which I am really excited about.”

Dillon is all Buff

Chances of Colby Cyburt coming here are getting better. UCLA/Stanford both getting towards their limits in regards to offensive linemen.

Nice! Glad he is going to come out in Jan. Hope he can convince Walker and Cyburt to come as well - both would be really nice additions

Nice! Glad he is going to come out in Jan. Hope he can convince Walker and Cyburt to come as well - both would be really nice additions

Seems like Walker may not need as much convincing, but absolutely agree.

Back