What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA QB Shane Dillon (Signed to COLORADO)

Surfing the web, came across these highlights from Dillon's HS games over the past month. Thought you all might enjoy watching these Shane Dillon highlights from KBC Sport's youtube page from San Diego county.

Dillon has great size of course, throws a beautiful ball. He has good arm strength and zip on short to intermediate throws. He puts a nice arc on the ball when he throws it long along with good placement and seems pretty accurate. Most of all, he gives his guys a chance to make plays. I think he throws a better fade than Hansen does right now. Ha ha. Sad, but true. The arc he puts on his corner routes are going to be huge for our play-makers like P-Rich, McCullough and JT when he gets on campus. Those guys are going to be able to get up and pluck the ball out of the air and Dillon should be able to deliver a nice catchable ball to them. He's got some polish on a bunch of the routes we like to run between that, quick slants and screen passes.

Brighter days are ahead folks. We have some real good players committed, coming in and we need all the young, talented players we can get. Guys like Dillon, Wood, Thomas squared, Williams, the Irwin brothers, Solis, and Payne are going to make a big difference on the field for us over time. We just need to manage the storm right now. We've had some cursed luck, a terrible schedule to break in a new coach and a bare cup-board in terms of talent. Just have to hang in there, believe in the staff, support the team hope the coaches can sell our positives and the vision despite the ugly looking win/loss record.

Brawley vs. Christian:

http://www.youtube.com/user/KBCsports#p/u/18/9iPbSz98-Yo

El Cajon vs. Christian:

http://www.youtube.com/user/KBCsports#p/u/14/yKipEoYPJ9E

Verbum Dei vs. Christian:

http://www.youtube.com/user/KBCsports#p/u/27/_Bi9PnVL_7A

Dillon is showing the kind of leadership we need before he ever officially gets here.

QB is often the guy who sets the standard and the atitiude for the team. Dillon's willingness to do what it takes to make us a better team off the field will translate to more success on the field.

Love it.

Dillon is showing the kind of leadership we need before he ever officially gets here.

QB is often the guy who sets the standard and the atitiude for the team. Dillon's willingness to do what it takes to make us a better team off the field will translate to more success on the field.

Love it.

Rep

VOTE FOR SHANE DILLON

TO BE A FINALIST FOR THE PPR SILVER PIGSKIN
AWARD

Shane is in the running to be voted the best player in San Diego
County, but he needs our help!! so.....

Go to your Facebook page and
search Prep Pigskin Report. Click that you “like” PPR. Then click on "Fan Vote -
Silver Pigskin" tab at the left side of the page to vote for the player you want
on the Silver Pigskin podium, which of course is our own SHANE DILLON.

VOTE FOR SHANE DILLON

AWARD

search Prep Pigskin Report. Click that you “like” PPR. Then click on "Fan Vote -
Silver Pigskin" tab at the left side of the page to vote for the player you want
on the Silver Pigskin podium, which of course is our own SHANE DILLON.
Thanks for the heads up. Voted for Shane.

Really looking forward between the battles between him and Wood and see how good he can be with Rip coaching him for five years.

Thanks Creatini,

Shane is really looking forward to the competition next year.

Shane finished #1 in passig yards in San Diego County after the regular season with 2,510 passing yards, 181 of 301, .601 pct, 18 TD's passing and 7 rushing and 9 int.

Play offs start 11/18/2011 with Shane's team having a bye, his team plays 11/25/2011.

Voted. And I hate facebook.

I didn't actually vote myself--I'm not on facebook--but I directed my admin assistant to log onto her account and vote for Shane. I'm counting it as a vote by delegation AND I didn't have to use facebook.

I didn't actually vote myself--I'm not on facebook--but I directed my admin assistant to log onto her account and vote for Shane. I'm counting it as a vote by delegation AND I didn't have to use facebook.

Do you have another assistant who can do these things for me from now on?

Go Shane! Kick some butt in the playoffs!

Thanks Creatini,

Shane is really looking forward to the competition next year.

Shane finished #1 in passig yards in San Diego County after the regular season with 2,510 passing yards, 181 of 301, .601 pct, 18 TD's passing and 7 rushing and 9 int.

Play offs start 11/18/2011 with Shane's team having a bye, his team plays 11/25/2011.

Thanx for the info j-trainer. We all wish Shane and his team the best of luck in the playoffs.

Shane still needs your help! This is still a close race to be a finalist for the PPR Silver Pigskin award!

Go to: http://www.facebook.com/KUSIPPR?sk=app_20678178440

SHANE DILLON

AWARD

on the Silver Pigskin podium, which of course is our own SHANE DILLON

Shane still needs your help! This is still a close race to be a finalist for the PPR Silver Pigskin award!

SHANE DILLON

AWARD

JT, we've got a whole thread dedicated to this exclusively. AB'ers, if you haven't been voting, it's time to start. Especially lurkers, a great way to introduce yourself!

***POLLS CLOSE AT 12 PM TOMORROW***

SHANE DILLON

AWARD

I'm a little concerned about his TD/INT ratio. Can somebody who knows a little about his game fill me in on this? Are these tipped balls, bad WR routes, or is he throwing into coverage?

I'm a little concerned about his TD/INT ratio. Can somebody who knows a little about his game fill me in on this? Are these tipped balls, bad WR routes, or is he throwing into coverage?

Something that will have to change as he transitions to the next level, but the completion percentage is improving and that is a positive sign.

Something that will have to change as he transitions to the next level, but the completion percentage is improving and that is a positive sign.

Good coaching can help a lot of that. I know in high school, a kid with the kind of natural talent that Dillon has may be tempted to think he can do things he can't, or shouldn't. A quarterback is only as good as his wide receivers, and vice versa. If his WR's are not running good routes, and he's trying to force the ball into a small area all the time, that will naturally lead to increased interceptions. The TD/INT ratio is a statistic. Like most statistics, there are factors that go into it that need to be accounted for.

I think you hit it sacky, the kid received his first real coaching at the elite 11 over the summer. You'd like to see his TD/INT ratio lower, especially because he doesn't exactly play against top competition, but it's overly concerning imo.

One thing I know Scherer is good at is coaching the TD/INT ratio. Hansen's numbers this year over last on that measurement are night and day. It remains to be seen how well Dillon will be able to see the field and anticipate things on the college level (that's something you either have or you don't - see Vinnie Testaverde), but Scherer will have him playing efficiently within whatever limits he may have.

18 TD 9 INT and about 5 rushing TD is okay for a HS QB. I wonder how his numbers compare with other top HS QBs.

Back