What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 DC CB Kenneth Crawley (Signed to Colorado)

Haha.

He's a new man. Year under Stoops and then coming back under Embree, Brown now works at recruiting. It was always an effort thing. Before, he was all about x's & o's and mentoring his players (NFL approach). He's now into the recruiting part of the job and learning that he's good at it.

Without writing a novel on the subject, GB is a good dude in the living room. Embree realizes how to use people's strengths and cold-calling 100 possible recruits and their high-school coaches probably isn't GB's strength. Getting with the best few and selling his abilities to make you the best DB you can be, he's pretty good at.

Welcome aboard Mr. Crawley! There's opportunity, but do not take your competition lightly. There's a few things you will need to learn from here to be the starter in game 1. Don't make the mistake D. Scott did as the top rated recruit of the class. Stars are meaningless when the pads go on.

So, for kicks I went over to:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/

To get their take on losing Crawley, and having him commit to CU. Apparently the locals over there have all had a chance to look at Crawley's transcripts, and claim they parted ways due to the fact he has 0% chance of qualifying. I am interested in knowing if this is only sour grapes or are there concerns with his GPA, and we are hoping spring and summer classes will help him to become eligible.

I am happy as hell that he gave a verbal commitment to the Buffs, but I will be pissed if he signs and never gets in.

So, for kicks I went over to:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/

To get their take on losing Crawley, and having him commit to CU. Apparently the locals over there have all had a chance to look at Crawley's transcripts, and claim they parted ways due to the fact he has 0% chance of qualifying. I am interested in knowing if this is only sour grapes or are there concerns with his GPA, and we are hoping spring and summer classes will help him to become eligible.

I am happy as hell that he gave a verbal commitment to the Buffs, but I will be pissed if he signs and never gets in.

Yeah, because when someone can't get in to Tennessee they settle for CU :rofl:

Thanks for the info! I figured it was sour grapes, which makes that thread even more fun to read!

Almost forgot: Congrats Crawley!!!
I didn't find it that fun to read... a little too much "they still play football at Colorado?" Makes me want to schedule them immediately.

I didn't find it that fun to read... a little too much "they still play football at Colorado?" Makes me want to schedule them immediately.
This from a team that beat Cincy,Vandy,MTSU,Buffalo and Montana last year. Are they still part of the SEC?

I found it funny because most of the fans on the site come from this perspective:

castaway-hope-vols-1.jpg

They are a fan base that sounds like the scorned girl who just got dumped for a new chick. They bad mouth everything they can think of to feel better about themselves. They fail to realize they gained 30 lbs in the last 6 months and haven't take a shower in 4 weeks.

I found it funny because most of the fans on the site come from this perspective:

castaway-hope-vols-1.jpg

They are a fan base that sounds like the scorned girl who just got dumped for a new chick. They bad mouth everything they can think of to feel better about themselves. They fail to realize they gained 30 lbs in the last 6 months and haven't take a shower in 4 weeks.

Love the picture. But let's not forget where we were in the early 90's. Hopefully Tennessee will rise to the top again, and we'll be there waiting for them.

I'm not an ESPN insider, but you gotta love what you see just from a headline on their recruiting site: "Scouts: Crawley has big-time potential"

TIFWIW but a random Terp fan on rivals is saying Crawley is visiting them this weekend. If so... not good

Kanzazz ..... you sucked when the b12 conference actually had 12 teams, and you still suck today with less competition.
But they won the Orange Bowl! Don't you know that's more important than a national title?! We obviously don't take our football as serious as Kansas.

Lol I just find this stuff funny (From the Tenn Board)
"Again though, I don't think Colorado will be much of a threat to us."

"Ya thats a mismatch every time"

"If we lose a commit to Colorado, I'll give up on following recruiting"

Back