What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ CB Yuri Wright (Signed to Colorado)

Only on the idea that if we have Yuri and Crawley you want to have your best athletes and players on the field. Henderson was only a fr. this year so he has three more years. He showed a willingness to tackle and pu his nose in that most corners don't have. Listed at 5'11" 185lbs. He could add 10-15lbs and give you a safety who could cover the multiple WR sets that you see in the PAC and help out against the run as well.

The only way I would take him out of the CB position is if we had two top flight corners but if (dream with me for a moment here) we get Yuri and Crawley we could have those guys.

Say it with me...

Quality depth at the CB position is vital in the Pac-12.

You don't move Henderson. You recruit more safeties. Plus, there will be times, especially with the Pirate of Pullman, where the other team sends four WRs into the pattern. You need guys who can cover, and you need a lot of them.

You don't move Henderson. You recruit more safeties. Plus, there will be times, especially with the Pirate of Pullman, where the other team sends four WRs into the pattern. You need guys who can cover, and you need a lot of them.
Agreed, keep him at corner where he's having early success. Besides, we're not going to get both Crawley and Wright, we'll be lucky to get one of them.

Only 4 really? If anybody could make the move, Hendo could, not saying its something thats gonna happen. We are still looking at a few db's so maybe it works out we'll see.

@FitzWriter: According to MSG Varsity's Steve Levy, Don Bosco CB Yuri Wright is narrowed down Colorado, Rutgers, Cal

This would be a huge huge get for us. I can't see him going to Cal when they already landed Adams. I think Rutgers is the team to beat for his services. Come on Yuri. A chance to play as a True Freshman has to be enticing.

:rofl: what the ****? Now his leader the last few weeks, Notre Dame, is out? Cal is back in? This kid is crazy.

Seems like he is looking for a reason to go somewhere else but can't find one. Should tell you all you need to know, Yuri.

Immediate starter against some of the best QB's and WR's in the country. Greg Brown will get you in the NFL if you put in the work.

:rofl: what the ****? Now his leader the last few weeks, Notre Dame, is out? Cal is back in? This kid is crazy.

Just to temper the news: Steve Levy played QB for Cal (as well as Don Bosco). He might just be winding people up. Who the hell knows. Yuri has said in recent days he's still interested in Meatchicken and ND, and plans to take his visits. Other places reporting that he'll announce within the next few days.

I think Yuri might have Herman's Head going on. Nobody will know until he actually commits.

CU has always been the place Yuri has been the most comfortable and feels he fits in the best. Other programs have made pitches that have resonated and made him question that. Hopefully Tony Jones did some work for us over Christmas break.

Just to temper the news: Steve Levy played QB for Cal (as well as Don Bosco). He might just be winding people up. Who the hell knows. Yuri has said in recent days he's still interested in Meatchicken and ND, and plans to take his visits. Other places reporting that he'll announce within the next few days.

I think Yuri might have Herman's Head going on. Nobody will know until he actually signs on the dotted line.
fify

When was the last time rutgers sent a db to the NFL? We've had a 1st rounder, a 2nd, and a 3rd just in the last four drafts.

Rumblings from UM fans that they stopped recruiting Yuri

I find this **** funny. It doesn't matter the school, but every year, there's some recruit that no longer shows interest in the school. And then, the fans claim that their staff stopped recruiting the kid.

...they stopped recruiting the kid, because the kid obviously wasn't going to go there. It's NOT that the staff felt like they no longer wanted him - the kid was no longer good enough, the staff was turned off by something, etc. The staff just realized that it was a lost cause.

Some get this, but some use this "we stopped recruiting him" argument as some arrogant/save-face denial of them losing a particular battle in the recruiting field.

When was the last time rutgers sent a db to the NFL? We've had a 1st rounder, a 2nd, and a 3rd just in the last four drafts.

Well if you really want to know, Devin McCourty made the Pro Bowl as a rookie in 2010

But yes, our football tradition obviously crushes that of Rutgers. And having been to their campus/football stadium, there is simply no comparison.

But yes, our football tradition obviously crushes that of Rutgers.

I think I know what you were trying to say, but Rutgers played the first college football ever against Princeton in 1869.

Talk about tradition...

Not to be a downer but Rutgers has us beat in years. They did Win the first game in college football history.

Not to be a downer but Rutgers has us beat in years. They did Win the first game in college football history.

So does Princeton. Irrelevant to any recruit.

Rutgers has been better than us recently, but we're a far better program with a much higher upside.

They've got the in-state pull, but that's not as strong in NJ as it is other places.

I think I know what you were trying to say, but Rutgers played the first college football ever against Princeton in 1869.

Talk about tradition...

The Civil War Reconstruction Era was nice, but I'm not sure any recruit gives a ****. The point is the best season they've ever had was a win in the Texas Bowl.

Yuri make the call, opportunity to start early as a freshman and to play behind a dominant DL in the making.

Back